• Download Statistics

Files
    Comments
    Reviews
  • Categories.png

• Downloads Remaining

If you like VPU and enjoy what we bring to the Digital Pinball scene, please consider becoming a supporting member and upgrade your membership today.

Pin2DMD Colorizations - Virtual Pinball

60 files

1. Tales From The Crypt (Data East 1993)

First time colorization attempt of one of my favorite tables. I was always a huge fan of Tales From The Crypt, and my career as a makeup effects artist led me to wanting this in color more than anything. Special thanks to Martin Knoppe, Malenko and Lucky1 for all thier assistance and advice. Also, if anything looks strange, please let me know here. I may have missed a frame or two in the coloring, and it was difficult to find every single one. Enjoy!

Install:
    Rename TFTC_ColorDMD pal and vni files to pin2dmd.pal / pin2dmd.vni and place in your tftc_303 or tftc_400 folder in VPinMame/altcolor folder. 

Real Pin2DMD Files now available. PM me for details.

5,249 downloads

(6 reviews)

24 comments

Updated

2. Last Action Hero

Last Action HeroROM v1.12 / v1.13
    Language : english, basic support for French ROM
    Donations are appreciated :  https://paypal.me/pools/c/8svZ533BA4

64 colors version 

---   PIN2DMD v4.16 + required for v1.3  -----

---   Virtual DMD (freezy 1.80/1.82/1.90, flexDMD) and PIN2DMD v3.x, please use v1.1 ----

Thanks to all contributors for testing :

2,505 downloads

(4 reviews)

18 comments

Updated

3. Sega Frankenstein Colorization

It is based on color work  from Malenco v0.9

Release version 51. Release is for virtual pinball machines.

what is needed:

- works only with a pin2dmd display because the project is a 64 color version.
    - pin2dmd display needs firmware 4.10 or higher.
    - display Rom V1.03 english.

If you have any feedback or want to report a bug please contact me.

Donations are welcome but not required. If you’d like to send me a donation you can Click here to PayPal Me

682 downloads

(0 reviews)

4 comments

Updated

4. BSD - Bram Stoker´s Dracula

Welcome to my home!

So i work a lot the last days and now it is playable i think. I have to fine tune some scenes, but it is fun to play already.
    Please test and report me any error which appears.

ROM: L1

If you want to donate :):

https://paypal.me/redrum2291

Regards Sascha

Changelog:

Version 1.1

Some small colour changes and it should now work proberly on a vpin table.

I know one scene from the coffin ramp is not colorized.

Version 2.0

-colorized some missing scenes
    -some colour changings
    - worked on some sequences

Changelog:

Version 2.1

- Worked on the Attract Mode, so it looks better now i think.
    - changed altar animation
    - Changed some colours

I think i am almost finished ....... Maybe one more update.

- redesigned some scene and attract mode
    - dracula eyes  fixed 

Version 2.3

I converted my Project into 64 Colour palette - So i don´t know exactly if everthing works with your vpin.
    As far as i know you will need Colorprism v4.10 or higher.

This is the last update as 16 color palette, now i will work at the 64 colour palette.

Version 2.4

Fine tuning on some scenes

-Redesigend some Scenes

Please test and report if there are some errors appear :).

Regards Sascha

2,119 downloads

(8 reviews)

52 comments

Updated

5. Sopranos colorization for pin2dmd

Pin2dmd Colorization for vitrual pinballs. This is 64 color version. If you need colorization for real pinball contact me via email: [email protected]
    Donations are welcome but not required. If you’d like to send me a donation you can Click here to PayPal Me
    Subscribe on my YouTube channel
    Preview on real pin below:

356 downloads

(0 reviews)

9 comments

Updated

6. Ripleys Believe it or not pin2dmd colorization

Pin2dmd Colorization for vitrual pinballs. If you need colorization for real pinball contact me via email: [email protected]
    Donations are welcome but not required. If you’d like to send me a donation you can Click here to PayPal Me

440 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

7. Simpsons pinball party pin2dmd colorization.

Pin2dmd Colorization for vitrual pinballs. If you need colorization for real pinball contact me via email: [email protected]

441 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

8. Hook pin2dmd colorzation

477 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

9. Pirates of the Caribbean pin2dmd colorization

Pin2dmd Colorization for vitrual pinballs. 64 colors version. If you need colorization for real pinball contact me via email: [email protected]

547 downloads

(0 reviews)

3 comments

Updated

10. World poker tour pin2dmd colorization.

Pin2dmd Colorization for vitrual pinballs. 64 color version. If you need colorization for real pinball contact me via email: [email protected]

304 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

11. Family Guy pin2dmd Colorization.

Pin2dmd Colorization for vitrual pinballs. 64 colors version. If you need colorization for real pinball contact me via email: [email protected]

396 downloads

(0 reviews)

5 comments

Updated

12. Attack from mars Colorization for Vpin

Pin2dmd Colorization for vitrual pinballs. If you need colorization for real pinball contact me via email: [email protected]
    Donations are welcome but not required. If you’d like to send me a donation you can Click here to PayPal Me

475 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

13. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DE Pin2dmd

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Colour File for Pin2dmd

Version 1.0 Public Release (VPIN)
    64 Colour file

Requirements:

Real Pin2dmd hardware (until freezy is updated)
    Pin2dmd Firmware 4.10 or later
    Display Rom 1.04
    Game Rom 1.04

If you have any feedback or want to report a bug please contact me.

The TMNT colour file is not endorsed, sponsored or licensed by Data East, Konami or any other associated companies and is a fan project for personal use only.

Thank you for your support

510 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

14. Twilight Zone (BETA)

Please read:

After I had less time for color works and knowing it won´t change the upcoming weeks/months, I decided to release my current progress on this one. I already spent over 100 hours for attract mode only, reaching a total amount about 600 hours to date. This table is really merciless in it´s transition possibilities. That´s why I had to shift the project to 64 color mode. Thereby this version is not supported by Freezy´s dmd yet, so you will only be able to play it on real dmd hardware, using the latest firmware. I know for many of you this is an issue, that´s why I decided to upload the latest state of the 16 color version as well. That version won´t be updated in the future any more, so hopefully Freezy or someone else is able to enable the 64 color support for lcd screens soon.

Dont expect a flawless result, there are many transition and color problems and  some scenes are also still missing.
    Thanks to WOB for beta testing and dump file providing!

Please don´t share with anybody and don´t upload the files somewhere else!

Thanks to Eric for this real pin video:

1,647 downloads

(3 reviews)

20 comments

Updated

15. Popeye Save The Earth

About This File
    Popeye Save The Earth
    by President

Hello,
    this is my first colorization and I want to share it with you.
    It was made for my real pinball but I think it should  also work in a vpin.
    I did not test it on a vpin-table.
    If something didn´t work, you can contact me.

ROM LX-4
    Language : english - french

Donations are appreciated : https://paypal.me/SimoneMalpassi?locale.x=it_IT

973 downloads

(0 reviews)

22 comments

Updated

16. Judge Dredd - JD

Hi All,

So this is my first project and first release of my colour file for JD. I have been working away on this and thought it would be good to release V1.0 so that people could give it a try and feadback any missing bit etc.

It is not 100% complete but i think it will be good enough to improve visuals. I have spent more time on the regulaion game and have just started the supergame
    the issue i know of are
    Only tested on real pin with locking ring ROM L1AT version so unsure how this might perform on other ROMs. Only tested in English too. Warning/jail scenes transitions not great Car chase scene- not sure how to do this one properly missing bits from supergame  
    There are other little keyframe issues i think too, so any sugestion, comments or if you are willing to help  with missing dumps or help out with keyframes please let me know as it will be much apreciated 😁

It has taken me a good many hours so donations/beer money welcome at
    http://paypal.me/lozpeters85

Please contact me if you want the files for a real pin

thanks for the help so far!

1,331 downloads

(1 review)

28 comments

Submitted

17. White Water by Endprodukt

Hey! 

Here we go. My first release for White Water.

Use latest freeze.
    Before you report any problems: 

Please use HOMEROM LH-6! 

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2768/ww_lh6.zip

This is not 100% done, it has it's little quirks here and there, but I keep working on it .

Things that have to be done: 

- Keyframes for all score possibilities in multiplayer
    - vacation jackpot scene
    - finishing the menu
    - many many little tweaks

I'm open for suggestions and feedback. 

As you might guess this took a lot of time to do. So even as a VP User, please consider a donation. 

paypal.me/olivercarell

For all the real pinball users, please hit me up via PN. 

Please don't ask for the project files. I will not release them. Thanks for understanding. 

4,910 downloads

(9 reviews)

50 comments

Updated

18. Dirty Harry

Hello,
    so i made my first colorization and I want to share it with you.
    It was made for a real pinball but i think it should  also work in a vpin.
    I did not test it on a vpin-table so you can contact me if something didn´t work.

Regards Sascha

758 downloads

(6 reviews)

8 comments

Submitted

19. Cirqus Voltaire (Bally 1997)

After almost eleven months, I have finally gotten to a 1.0 version of my coloring of Bally's Cirqus Voltaire. Harder than Tales or Batman, my third outing took a lot of time to get right. There are still some transitions that aren't colored due to the randomness of the DMD, but I'd say it's at least 98 percent done. Due to the blurry effect of this DMD, I had to redraw numerous scenes from scratch and change the layout of a few more just to make the hashtags work.
    ?Install the pin2dmd files in the cv_20h folder of your Altcolor folder in VPinMame
    ?Turn off the Playfield DMD in the Cirqus script. I haven't played with it on, but it could cause a lot of sync issues.
    I did  this coloring using the Knorr version of the table as well as the cv_20h rom.
    Known issues (that I may redo later)
    ?The Match Game clown coloring only works with 2 players. Three or Four players will not color due to mapping and score masking.
    ?Some transitions are not colored
    ?The Spot Marvel with the Girl isn't colored due to not finding all the Spot marvel frames. Will do that sometime later.
    ?There may be some sync issues near the end of the game in Step 2 of the Wizard Mode.

I hope you all enjoy this. It took a lot of time and effort, and I can't thank Martin Knoppke for the incredible advice and time he gave to me. 
    If you see any issues please write them here and I'll tackle them someday. I'm a bit burned out on the Cirqus, so I'll step back and see what you all think. Thanks again!

1,955 downloads

(10 reviews)

22 comments

Updated

20. The Addams Family

Author: Martin Knoppke
    TAF colorization 2.0 release
    Thanks to the incredible WOB and Jochen Nicklas for testing and support!
    Changelog:
    - added random thing walk animations
    - added full gold rom support
    - added as many transitions as possible to date
    - general color grading
    - general bug fixing/rearranging the project
    Known bugs:
    - minor transition issues

Instructions:
    1. extract the 2 files and rename them to pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.vni
    2. copy the files to vpinmame/altcolor/romname folder
    3. make sure you have Freezy 1.8x up and running correctly, older freezy versions are not supported
    4. set the game language to english in rom menu
    5. activate custom message in rom menu
    Enjoy!
    For real pin requests please pm!
    Donation link to support my work:
    https://www.paypal.me/mistamartin
    Video Preview by WOB:

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE OR UPLOAD THE FILES SOMEWHERE ELSE! IF YOU GET ANY REQUEST, PLEASE LEAD THE PEOPLE TO THIS SITE.

3,675 downloads

(4 reviews)

12 comments

Updated

21. Safe Cracker

First of all big thanks to Jochen Nicklas (real pin) and the incredible WOB (vpin) for helping me
    to get through this process by recording videos and dump files.
    A personal note:
    I tried to colorize all we found within the last 4 weeks, spending around 200 hours of work. Possibly there are still hidden scenes that we were not able to catch yet within that period of time. Especcially the boardgame may hide some
    stuff that we are not able to trigger by manual ball control to record the dump file. Also changes within the rom settings may cause attract mode changes that I amnot aware of yet. If you would like to support the project, it would be a big help to get dump files of uncolored scenes that you are able to spot.
    As always I share my vpin files for free, but feel warmly invited to send a drink if you would like to support my work: https:www.paypal.me/mistamartin
    Instructions:
    1. Make sure you have Freezy´s 1.8x up and running correctly. Older versions are not supported, respectively they will have many issues.
    2. Extract the files to to your vpinmame/altcolor/sc_18 folder. If the folder does not exist, create it.
    3. If you use a real pin2dmd make sure you are running an up to date firmware.
    4. Make sure the game language is set to english.
    5. Activate the custom message to get back the dcs sound logo in attract mode.
    6. As always any personal custom message will cause color issues in attract mode.

Please do not share or upload somewhere else!
    For real pin request please PM.
    Enjoy!

Known issues:
    - shoot the cellar mode chasing guards not colorized
    - minor transition glitches
    - possible missing items color at choose award mode
    - possible issues at the end awards, since not catched all possibilities
    - possible missing rare scenes at the boardgame

1,056 downloads

(6 reviews)

12 comments

Updated

22. Apollo 13

Hey,
    because of the 13 ball multiball I played some Apollo 13.
    I am currently troubleshooting. If you feel like it, you are welcome to join in.
    Yea, it's a lot of gray, but there is no color TV in 1970 ?
    I alsou upload the Project, so please feel free to modify and have fun.

2,614 downloads

(5 reviews)

5 comments

Updated

23. Fish Tales

Author: Martin Knoppke
    Credits: Thanks to WOB for testing and support!
    Instructions:
    This colorization is optimized for the L5 rom. 
    extract the rar file to your vpinmame\altcolor\ft_l5 folder. Make sure you have freezy´s 1.7.1 dmddevice.dll installed and working correctly on your system and activate the 4 color mode on your table by hitting F1. Update your firmware to 2.58 or higher.
    Do not use Freezy´s 1.7.2!
    Make sure you set the rom language to english, other languages will not work.
    Donations welcome and much appreciated: https://paypal.me/MistaMartin
    Please do not share or upload these files somewhere else, lead the people to this site instead.

3,273 downloads

(6 reviews)

13 comments

Updated

24. Batman (Data East 1991)

Batman Color DMD version 1.0.2
    It is an older DMD so the transitions are rough, and I had to reanimate a bunch of scenes to get them to flow better, but overall I like it. Hope you do too!

Rename Batman_ColorDMD_v1.02 pal and vni files to pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.vni and place in your altcolor/btmn_106 folder in VPinMame.
    This DMD used vpx 10.6, FreezyDMD 1.7.1 and now 1.8, btmn_106 rom, and Javier's 1.3 table.

Pin2DMD Real table files now available! PM me directly for information.

4,419 downloads

(4 reviews)

17 comments

Updated

25. Lethal Weapon 3 Pin2DMD for Virtual Machine 1.60

Lethal Weapon 3 Pin2DMD Readme
    Colorization of Data East’s Lethal Weapon 3.
    So after finishing SFII (Gottlieb), Terminator 2 (Williams), Baywatch (SEGA) ,I figured its time to tackle a Data East pin! Here is Lethal Weapon 3!
    There's also another reason for choosing this game. Randy Perlow hired me to color this for ColorDMD, sent me a contract an a W9 form, which I filled out and sent back after purchasing the machine. After I bought the machine, I emailed him for an update on when I'd get the hardware and software to color the game and he replied with this: (Full disclosure I did take an extra week to get back to him, I was in the process of buying the machine):
    "Thomas,
    I previously contacted you regarding ColorDMD’s concerns with your work on an infringing platform and potential harm to its business. At the time you responded that the work was for private use.
    Since then you have ignored our concerns, and taken action to promote and publicly distribute this work, counter to a ColorDMD new product introduction.
    As a result, ColorDMD can no longer reasonably expect to conduct business with you in good faith, or entrust you with safeguarding our proprietary information.
    Regretfully, our offer to work with you as an independent contractor on future titles is withdrawn.
    Randy Perlow
    ColorDMD Displays"
    Which put me on the hook for a machine I really cant afford to own. Im going to knock out this colorization, install the pin2DMD, and hopefully get a bunch of money in donations (spoiler: I wont ) but I'll likely end up selling the machine. Shame as its a really fun game and I had hoped to be a steady contributor to ColorDMD and use that money to expand my pinball collection.

Post any bugs in the pinside thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-lethal-weapon-3

Release Change Log:
    1.60    Merged all of Yangra's work with mine
        Tweaked Crypt Keeper's colors
        Unifying all the build to work on all rom versions, and replace tri-ball with multiball
            - its too much work to try and have Multi/Tri build for all the roms
            - lots of changes in the source that arent noticable in game
        Prepping for the 1.75 release based on Chad's code
    1.50    Fixed botched frame in match game
        Corrected keyframe and scene for bike exploding at the end of High Fall Stunt animation
        recolored leo flipper choice to remove "mask residue"
        Added more triggers for Multiball to replace Tri-ball
    1.44     Recolored "Bonus Tally" to be more in line with game colors
        Forced Targeting of MULTIBALL over TRIBALL scenes, this effectively replaces TRIBALL with MULTIBALL on higher gfx roms
        Changed colormask scenes to replacement, for Multiball replacement
        Adjusted some colors

1.40     Added Scenes and triggers to videomode. Its a matter of capturing the dozen or so combinations but I have a few done and all the     transitions done as well.
    1.12     Fixed High Score Mask, Replay "scene", and worked on failed bomb diffusal scene.
    1.10     Added Tri-ball scenes to support both Tri-Ball and Multi-Ball.
    1.05     Shit tons of work done by Lucky1 to fix triggering.He even colored a scene or two.
    1.00     Initial Release

Thanks to Lucky1 for helping with keyframe triggers and for the recordings.

2,662 downloads

(3 reviews)

6 comments

Submitted