PIN2DMD EVO HD - upgrade to 256x64 resolution

@lucky1 just a quick question about default settings - there are a few things which are set to weird values by default (brightness to zero for instance) - is this an intentional thing or localised to the HD firmware? Users have also been reporting that RGB sequence needs to be be set correctly, is this something that is colourisation specific, or something that could be handled by a default?

• Content Provider
Just now, stumblor said:

@lucky1 just a quick question about default settings - there are a few things which are set to weird values by default (brightness to zero for instance) - is this an intentional thing or localised to the HD firmware? Users have also been reporting that RGB sequence needs to be be set correctly, is this something that is colourisation specific, or something that could be handled by a default? 

What is weird about setting the lowest brightness as default ?

RGBSequence depends on the panel manufacturer / pcb layout and needs to be adjusted if not correct. By default the panels I have, have the correct RGBSequence but this may change if the panel design changes.

One thing which might cause such questions is if a 128x32 pin2dmd.dat configuration file is used in a pin2dmd HD. You need to delete the pin2dmd.dat from the SD card or set the settings to default if you change the hardware (128x32, XL, HD etc).

5 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

What is weird about setting the lowest brightness as default ?

Well, only that it is barely visible at that brightness, at least with the panels I'm using.

RGBSequence depends on the panel manufacturer / pcb layout and needs to be adjusted if not correct. By default the panels I have, have the correct RGBSequence but this may change if the panel design changes.

Okay great, that explains it then, good to know.

One thing which might cause such questions is if a 128x32 pin2dmd.dat configuration file is used in a pin2dmd HD. You need to delete the pin2dmd.dat from the SD card or set the settings to default if you change the hardware (128x32, XL, HD etc).

This sounds like it could be my solution then. Set the values correctly - and then copy pin2dmd.dat to all devices that share the same hardware set?

• Content Provider
13 minutes ago, stumblor said:

Well, only that it is barely visible at that brightness, at least with the panels I'm using.

Then you received different panel than I did. Brightness and RGBSequence depends on the LEDs and chipset used on the panels.

13 minutes ago, stumblor said:

This sounds like it could be my solution then. Set the values correctly - and then copy pin2dmd.dat to all devices that share the same hardware set?

That was the idea of the pin2dmd.dat, that configurations can also be shared although they are stored locally on the device and only updated when the pin2dmd.dat changes or changes are made e.g in the onscreen menu.

Hi, I bought the evo 256 board in PCBway and the lucky link matrix, I manage to put it in DFU mode and load the firmware 4.27 without problems but when I turn on it does not appear more than a few illuminated lines. Any suggestions? Is it necessary to activate for something to come out in the matrix?

IMG-20211126-WA0025.thumb.jpg.7ccc11da72c7b3fc38c476f3cd142088.jpg

If you're using lucky's link then it'll be fine, unless that supplier has changed or has derivatives. It would be worth checking the chipsets to be sure though, you never know (a lot of suppliers deal with multiple sets).

The LED panels should be powered from the 5V line - Could you confirm that's what you're powering them with?

9 minutes ago, stumblor said:

If you're using lucky's link then it'll be fine, unless that supplier has changed or has derivatives. It would be worth checking the chipsets to be sure though, you never know (a lot of suppliers deal with multiple sets).

The LED panels should be powered from the 5V line - Could you confirm that's what you're powering them with?

image_6483441.JPG

I don't recognise that. Lucky used MBI5124, I used ICN2037 (lower refresh rate) and both work fine.

Is there a sticker on the back of the board somewhere? The chipset on mine are labelled that way.

Otherwise I would be mailing the supplier and asking for clarification.

12 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I think the TC7262 is the problem here. It uses a different row addressing than the other panels.

Do you have a Aliexpress Link where you ordered them ? Where are you from ?

Yes, I used the link from the first post (https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005001803946216.html), I from Spain

With testing version work!!! but not 100% the left matrix appears yellow

PHOTO-2021-11-28-10-17-55.jpg