PIN2DMD EVO HD - upgrade to 256x64 resolution

On 11/16/2022 at 10:27 PM, JarekC said:

Difficult situation.

Have you written a complaint to them?

Yes, i opend a dispute and the pcb are on their way back, they will change the chip on their costs.

Will see what happens and if they will work at the end 👍

But it wasnt easy at all, took me now 2 weeks until they admitted the mistake.

4 hours ago, Audiofreak said:

Yes, i opend a dispute and the pcb are on their way back, they will change the chip on their costs.

Will see what happens and if they will work at the end 👍

But it wasnt easy at all, took me now 2 weeks until they admitted the mistake.

as you placed the order, how much they charged you for each STM32H743VIT6 ?

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, SpaceGambler said:

My LED panel supplier is offering Flexible LED panels with FM6124 Non-EPWM chipset, will this still be OK?

No experience with that chipset. Maybe someone else.

• 2 months later...

it seems the NUCLEO-H743ZI2 will be avaible again from august 2023.

Is there another board or directly another way to have something could work on rene's shield for pin2dmd hd?

i thought i can just buy the correct chip (avaible but not cheap) and solder it in a different nucleo model to obtain a working board, but i need to know if there is some nucleo model which can work using this mehetod. Can anyone help me? thank you

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Why don´t you use the EVO board instead of the Nucleo ?

Just tell pcbway that stm32h743vit6 is available here https://www.lcsc.com/product-detail/Microcontroller-Units-MCUs-MPUs-SOCs_STMicroelectronics-STM32H743VIT6_C114409.html

Because i asked for a quotation to pcbway and it was too expensive dued to the missing chips, so i decided to try with the cheaper shield but i didn't realize the nucleo board i had to use were different from the normally used for the standard pin2dmd. And now i have everithing but the nucleo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
  • Content Provider
11 hours ago, darden78 said:

i'm here again to ask about the nucleo boards: can the NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q work with the pin2dmdhd firmware?

because in this moment it seems to be the only one of the stm32h7 family in stock

No ! Only H743 works

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 9:16 AM, lucky1 said:

No ! Only H743 works

when you say "h743" you mean ALL the h743? i've seen there are vit6 chips, zit6, vgt6, igt6, iit6, etc.

i think they are surely different from each other but do they all work on pin2dmd hd system?

• Content Provider
5 minutes ago, darden78 said:

when you say "h743" you mean ALL the h743? i've seen there are vit6 chips, zit6, vgt6, igt6, iit6, etc.

i think they are surely different from each other but do they all work on pin2dmd hd system?

The question was about the Nucleo, so I meant that the Nucleo H743 with my answer.

On the Nucleo the ZIT6(LQFP144) is used and on the EVO the VIT6 (LQFP100). The HD firmware needs 1MB of RAM and 2MB of flash. The core is running at 400Mhz. You could also use other models like IIT6 (LQFP176),BIT6 (LQFP208) etc but you have to modify the layout of the Evo accordingly.

5 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

The question was about the Nucleo, so I meant that the Nucleo H743 with my answer.

On the Nucleo the ZIT6(LQFP144) is used and on the EVO the VIT6 (LQFP100). The HD firmware needs 1MB of RAM and 2MB of flash. The core is running at 400Mhz. You could also use other models like IIT6 (LQFP176),BIT6 (LQFP208) etc but you have to modify the layout of the Evo accordingly.

the question was about the devebox board (the black one) because i've seen the stm32h743vgt6 version is cheaper than the other.

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, polishedball said:

Hello again,  started to build my DevEbox shield,  can anyone tell me what the solder pads SJ2 and SJ3 are for that are under the Dev board?  

They are for future use with different LED panels.

nucleo or devebox are sold out everywhere and where they are in stock they have inhuman prices, i have a project in my mind but i don't know how to do it because i don't know how to project pcbs, is there someone who can draw pcbs who wants to help me? thank you