PIN2DMD EVO HD - upgrade to 256x64 resolution

• Content Provider

I installed the latest PinballX from 2016 in 32bit and 64bit version, copied the contents of my dmddevice.dll zip to the installation folder and tested with set to native and set to true . It all worked without a problem.

I also tested with winusb and libusbwin32  from zadig tool. I could not reproduce your communication problem issue. Maybe try a different USB cable ?

ok thank you lucky, i will check with my supplier to see if they can do something

8 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Yes

ok thank you lucky, i will check with my supplier to see if they can do something

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 2:22 PM, lucky1 said:

I installed the latest PinballX from 2016 in 32bit and 64bit version, copied the contents of my dmddevice.dll zip to the installation folder and tested with set to native and set to true . It all worked without a problem.

I also tested with winusb and libusbwin32  from zadig tool. I could not reproduce your communication problem issue. Maybe try a different USB cable ?

i change just cable and now it's ok. somtime...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All, 

I’m looking at placing my first order with PCBway and would be very appreciative if someone in the know could look over my quote

i have bought the led displays from the first post

My pcbway order was generated via the link as well with the only manual thing I have done being downloading the BOM.xls and uploading just that file to the assembly request part. 

I was unsure if I had to also upload one of the 4 centroid files??

any advice would be appreciated 

95997633-C3BC-4DBA-83E2-21263F0043A2.png

• Content Provider
On 10/2/2022 at 5:05 AM, MELDENHUT said:

Hello All, 

I’m looking at placing my first order with PCBway and would be very appreciative if someone in the know could look over my quote

i have bought the led displays from the first post

My pcbway order was generated via the link as well with the only manual thing I have done being downloading the BOM.xls and uploading just that file to the assembly request part. 

I was unsure if I had to also upload one of the 4 centroid files??

any advice would be appreciated 

95997633-C3BC-4DBA-83E2-21263F0043A2.png

Looks o.k. to me. They will tell you if anything is missing to complete your order.

The centroid files are needed for the pick and place machine.

• 4 weeks later...

hello ,

i found a supplier on alibaba than could make 100 % same display screen for almost half price  from aliexpress  with same chipset and same information ...

But it s not working :( i have nothing , no activity at all

the supplier tell me what card do i use ? and the software inside is probably not same and need to change it ? and they ask me to use the one inside the aliexpress one and upload from the new one. (.rcfgx file) i have it.  the program inside is not the same

i m a bit lost , i do not know what to do :(  

edit : supplier telling me they are using Novastar reader MRV208-1  (card receving) 

Thanks you for help

(sory i do not speak very good english)

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-31 at 08.10.43 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-31 at 08.10.43.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-31 at 08.10.44 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-31 at 08.10.44 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-31 at 08.10.44 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-31 at 08.10.44.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-31 at 08.10.45.jpeg

Edited by Marcus600

• Content Provider

Did you check the chip before ordering to make sure it was a NON-EPWM chipset and also did you check the rest of the thread with alternative chips that people are using?

You will need to write down the chip models, all different IC's on the board and post so we can see if they will be compatible.I can't see them from all the pictures as some aren't clear enough. Should be about 3 different IC models. 

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, Marcus600 said:

with same chipset and same information ...

But it s not working :( i have nothing , no activity at all

Then it is not the same chipset. From your pictures I can read ChipOne ICND2153 which is a PWM chipset.

From https://pin2dmd.com/hardware/#1

Make sure you get panels with NON-PWM chipset like MBI5124, ICN2037, ICN2038, FM6124,FM6126, FM6127 etc. PWM chipsets like MBI5153, ICND2153, LYD6168, FM6353 are currently not supported.

ho ultra nice , i asked with non-PWM ... with the list of chipset , i gave to the supplier , he is realy an idiot ....

thanks your answer ... now i understand why it s not working ...

I Put thse 2 display  on trash ?

thanks you lucky1 for this informations ... i will try to get new one with correct chipset

Edited by Marcus600

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Need some help here. Just received some EVO HD PCB from PCBWAY. The problem is that when i plug in the ST-Link the LED on the ST Link blacks out and nothing happens on the PCB.

I double checked the ST Link with a normal EVO 128x32 Board, there all is good. When i power the HD PCB with 12V the green light comes but nothing happens when i want to put it in DFU, thats means my laptop does not recognize anything.

I took the BOM list from github with the APM32F407VGT6 STM Chip. They installed a Geehy APM32F407VGT6 chip. Is that a problem? Where should i start with the trouble shooting? 
Thx i advance for your help :)

IMG20221114122751.jpg

IMG20221114102642.jpg

IMG20221114122734.jpg

BOM.JPG

Edited by Audiofreak

I now saw that PCBWAY changed the STM to GeehyF407VGT6 which fits for the normal 128x32 EVO and not the HD. In the BOM List they did not show that they changed the chip so that slipped trough when i controlled (the other changes were colored in red)

Ofcourse the STM32H743VIT6 is sold out.. 

That means that i`m sittig on 20 PCB with 40 Panels and it won`t work 😨

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, sergiomunemori said:

hi guys, i have a question about  STM32F427VIT6 that is used on 128x32 and 192x64 boards. But on 256x64 is used STM32H743VIT6. Are they the same? Or are they specific for each board? Thanks in advance.

No they are not the same. H7 is Cortex M7 and H4 is Cortex M4 ARM core.