3826 Downloads
5 From 24 reviews
104.71 MB File Size
sorcr_l2 ROM Name
UnclePaulie Created by
Williams Manufacturer
1985 Year

4 Screenshots

Earlier this year, JP Salas gave me permission to modify his Sorcerer table.  Back then I added the VR conversions needed, as well as updated the VR backglass (thanks to Hauntfreak's backglass image) and did all the GI and alphanumeric displays in the table itself.  Also added a fully animated/flashing VR backglass. Sixtoe assisted at that time with the GI intensity on the bumpers. 

Since then, I've done significant updates in version 2.0 and now 3.0.  3.0 includes 3D inserts and lots of lighting and other improvements.

If you are playing in VR, you need to go into the script options and select VR_Room = 1.  Desktop and Cab are now automated.

Additional options in the script include two VR environments, a VR clock, posters, topper, LUT settings, ball brightness, cab side rails, and settings for dynamic shadows if you experience a performance hit

Also in the script, you can choose to use two different versions of the ROM.  It's defaulted to version 2. (https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=889)

Version 3.0 Updates include:

- Added 3D inserts

- Updated lighting and GI brightness and fading routines.

- Added the latest VPW physics, sounds

- Added sling corrections

- Some other various fixes done, including flippers still being activated and others

- I also updated the desktop backglass as well as the VR backglass and other VR options.

- There are also some performance improvements

- All changed are documented in the script:

For completeness, this is what was done in version 2.0:
- Desktop, Cabinet, and VR hybrid modes
- Fleep's sound package
- nFozzy / Roth physics and flippers.  
- Modified the table, sling, and flipper physics
- Updated to the new ramprolling sounds by fluffhead35.
- Added the Iakki, Apophis, and Wylte dynamic shadows solution
- Updated the drop targets to the solution created by Rothbauerw

- Corrected the Demon / hold bonus light error
- LUT and ball brightness options
- Added additional VR options and updates
- Rawd added glass and scratches option for VR users
- Updated to include significant work done by Bord for GI, ramp primitives, playfield, flasher blooms, and more.
- Added several other tweaks for physics, flipper tricks, etc.  
- Testing done by Bord, Lumi, PinStratsDan, Rawd, Rajo Joey, AstroNasty, Sheltemke, iaakki, apophis, RIK, Sixtoe, Rothbauerw, and several others on the VPW team.

Thanks to everyone that helped!

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2242
https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/8475-sorcerer-williams-1985/
Yes
v10.6 required

What's New in Version 3.0   See changelog

Released

Changelog to version 3.0:

- Significant updates have been done once again.  I felt this table deserved the latest VPW standards, as well as 3D insert primitives.  Here's a description of what's been updated in version 3.0:

- Fixed flippers still being activated after a game ends.
- Automated desktop and cabinet mode.  Still need to manually select if in VR mode.
- Ensured the ROM sounds were activated (others mod tables turned PINMAME sounds off, and didn't turn back on when exited)
- Redid backdrop image for desktop mode (not as busy).  
- Updated to latest Fleep Sounds.  
- Added Apophis sling corrections, and updated the physics.
- Changed code for ALL VPW physics, dampener, shadows, rubberizer, bouncer, rolling sounds, etc.
- Completely changed the trough logic to handle balls on table
- No longer destroy balls.  Use a global gBOT throughout all of script. Will help eliminate stutter on slower CPU machines
- Added groove to plunger lane, and small ball release ramp to get up.  
- Reduced the number of dynamice sources to improve performance.
- Updated the use of the TargetBounce collection for usage on targets.
- Added updated standup targets with VPW physics, original code created by Rothbauerw and VPW team
- Added GI brightness to all targets, balls, rubbers, screws, apron, plunger, and the VR backglass
- Added updated playfield and insert text for 3D inserts
- Updated to Lampz lighting routine by VPW.
- Adjusted all the insert light intensities, fade, falloff, heights, colors, etc.  
- Added insert light blooms
- Added option for cabinet side blades
- Added VR Topper, VR Posters/flyers, and VR Cord/outlet
- Added new Williams flipper primitives and had added GI levels to them
- Modified the bloom shapes and intensity and color per Apophis recommendations.
- Added some ball reflectivity of GI and playfield per Apophis and nFozzy recommendations.

User Feedback