[New VP10 Alert] Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast (Original 2022) VPW

Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast (Original 2022) VPW

Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast

By: VPW

Version 1.0.11 Additional instruction:

Download and update the new PUP pack. 
** Backup your music files first if you purchased them. They are in the Music directory inside the PUP pack. **
1.0.11 PUP Pack location

https://mega.nz/file/KFpxTAhC#gqsHVYJLRxtGYU0erF3SvoBQi7q7LBnT9YNUkcBG5iE

If you have a cab with MX LEDs and you want to see a custom fire animation on your back panel, download the following animated GIF and place it in your \DirectOuput\Config directory.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JdxWgsUjNwwpt6Mx8UcBuF5IiLmO6YHE/view?usp=share_link

So many hours from so many users were put into this tribute table to show how far things have really come with the possibilities of VPX. We wanted to get this out there for all to enjoy and expand the user base since we have exhausted our testing. This is one of the most complex tables so far and we have pounded on it for months, but I am sure there are still issues that are lurking. If you find an issues, please post to the forums so we can work through them.

Without the following people this could never happen.  Special thanks to:

RetroG33K, Soundscape, Iaakki, Daphishbowl, Apophis, Benji, Hawkeye, Sixtoe, MrH, Rik, Nailbuster, Tomate, AstroNasty, TerryRed, DarkStar, HiRez00, Seirif, Rothbauerw, PinStratsDan, leojreimroc, BountyBob, and many more.

NOTES:
**Don't change the variable PuPDMDDriverType=2. There was an oversight on bat file directions shown and no pup variables need to be changed for this table**

- Make sure your PINUP is up to date: https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

- VPX Version: 10.7.2

INSTALL:

1) Copy VPX to your VPX Tables directory

2) Download the pup pack (link below)

3) Copy IM_LOTB directory inside the pup zip to <drive>:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos 

4) Run the batch file in the pup pack that matches your config. It should make all necessary script changes for you.

5) To get the full music, view the readme in the Pup Music directory <drive>:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\IM_LOTB\Music

6) Update your DOF config files

1.0.0 PUP Pack location

https://mega.nz/file/jQoUiZ5Z#BhKnoLmeTdD2UbIcZ9yxeTpyxVtoz3jh2y-u43ZTOAQ

MPT3K Scorbit Setup and Tutorial

Manu made a great step by step on how to setup and use Scorbit

https://youtu.be/Sb6GF_3wDtc

The link to purchase Flight of Icarus goes to a tribute album on Amazon and not the Maiden version of the song. Was this intentional?

On a side note I removed the first 24 seconds of Number of the Beast so it skips the intro dialog and goes straight to the music.

Edited by Wilda

1 hour ago, mjmostyn71 said:

Hi…thanks for the table. The music isn’t available for purchase through Amazon Music in Australia. Is it available anywhere else?

cheers

I looked and was actually surpised at how few digital music purchasing options there are anymore. You could try iTunes and convert them from AAC to MP3 with ffmpeg or a similar program. Maybe test with a single track frist.

I installed the table and followed the instructions.  However, even though I updated my DOF config files from the DOF Config Tool, DOF doesn't seem to be working on the table (e.g.  addressable LEDS and shaker motor aren't doing anything.    Any ideas what might be missing?

Here is the notification from my DirectOutput log:

2022.12.31 18:33:45.577    Cabinet config loaded successfully from C:\DirectOutput\Config\Cabinet.xml
2022.12.31 18:33:45.577    Cabinet loaded
2022.12.31 18:33:45.577    Loading table config
2022.12.31 18:33:45.578    Warning: No table config file found. Will try to load config from LedControl file(s).
2022.12.31 18:33:45.578    Will try to load configs from DirectOutput.ini or LedControl.ini file(s) for RomName IM_LOTB
2022.12.31 18:33:45.579    Loading LedControl file C:\DIRECTOUTPUT\config\directoutputconfig.ini

After having the table sit for about an hour I got this error when pressing start:

Runtime Error

Line: 1933

Description unavailable

if BallsInRealLock>=1 then lock1Rad= SQR((primBallLockOrigin.Z - LockBall1.Z)^2 + (primBallLockOrigin.Y - LockBall1.Y)^2)

If I recall correctly after my previous game had ended there was a ball stuck on an invisible wall in the lane just above the left upper flipper and just left of the captive ball. I nudged the machine a bit and it rolled off to the right and down the center. Unfortunetaly I don't know where that ball came from.

I likewise haven't got enough space for this PuP pack.  If i set UsePUP to false (Line 84) it still won't load 

I get Runtime error
-------------
Line: 16987
Object required: 'PuPlayer'

anything else I should be doing?

This table is based on a physical table that is a video display score screen, so this won't run without the PuP Pack associated with it, as it's intended to be a 1:1 recreation. Trying to run without the PuP pack will, among other things, not play any of the music. To run without the PuP pack yet have functionality, you would have to modify the table to add all the needed FlexDMD commands and to pull the music from another location.

Awesome table guys thanks a lot FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK ... love Maiden (BUT)

I'm having trouble adding the songs it tells me I'm missing requirements IM_2minutes.mp3 does not exist or had not been name correctly. aborting process, I name it just like it says too, and I bought them all (HELP PLEASE) THANKS

Hi!

Thanks so much for this beauty. Only 1 question.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to select the proper LUT setting. My magnasave buttons don’t seem to work for this table. Also the time of day settings in the table don’t do anything. 

How do I cycle through the LUT settings?

1 hour ago, Need4speed1970 said:

Awesome table guys thanks a lot FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK ... love Maiden (BUT)

I'm having trouble adding the songs it tells me I'm missing requirements IM_2minutes.mp3 does not exist or had not been name correctly. aborting process, I name it just like it says too, and I bought them all (HELP PLEASE) THANKS

Switch on File extensions.
To view file extensions on Windows 10, launch File Explorer, then click on the "View" tab and check the "File Name Extensions" box. To show file extensions on Windows 11, open File Explorer, and then click View > Show > File Name Extensions.
then check the names of your files again.

😍 Thanks you soooo much!!! 😜

I bought the MP3s and all installed OK. Just got a SUPER MULTIBALL but still got only a measly 112M score 😁

I loved playing the real table at the Pinball Republic - London Pinball Club (UK) and considered buying one but this will definitely fill the gap in the meantime.

I Beer'd you $5.76 (£5 UK money)as this is now my go-to table when I switch on my cab (AC/DC now relegated to 2nd).

Cheers

Just an amazing ass job! So many talented individuals  here in the Vpin world.  I have a quick noob question.  I don't have an apron on my table like the other pics I see of other peoples cabinet.  How does one get that to work.  Also the Magna Save buttons don't do anything....is it supposed to do anything?  Thank you again for your time...I will get back to trying to figure this out.

Throwing this out there in case anyone can assist... but on my main pinball rig, the pup isn't showing high scores when the table is in attract mode. I *do* see those scores when playing the table on my laptop, tho. Not sure why it's working on one machine and not the other. Any assistance with that appreciated. This thing is a work of art, kudos to all involved!

EDIT: So sorry, I thought I had updated pinupplayer on my main rig, but I in fact had not... all resolved. Thanks again!

Edited by lminimart

7 hours ago, Mark-PinHead said:

😍 Thanks you soooo much!!! 😜

I bought the MP3s and all installed OK. Just got a SUPER MULTIBALL but still got only a measly 112M score 😁

I loved playing the real table at the Pinball Republic - London Pinball Club (UK) and considered buying one but this will definitely fill the gap in the meantime.

I Beer'd you $5.76 (£5 UK money)as this is now my go-to table when I switch on my cab (AC/DC now relegated to 2nd).

Cheers

How do you tip? Also from uk

Amazing table!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for bug reporting. When I start a new ball, if I fire the ball before the song selector DMD "loads" the song selector gets stuck and doesn't actually pick a song. If a wait a half second and let the song selector load it works fine.