[New VP10 Alert] Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast (Original 2022) VPW

On 3/15/2023 at 12:00 AM, bha191 said:

Is there a way to adjust the music volume as it is not as loud as the game itself?

You have to edit the script to adjust the volume levels. Starting line position for IM_LOTB release 1.0.12 is line 138 where you can increase or lower the values for table volume levels music and callouts. Adjust your settings, compile the script, save table and test out if the settings match your setup and sound fine. Just in case you really have problems with your digital audio files you can use audacity to normalize or increase the volume. From my experience it is not neccessary as long as your files are not in bad condition. In case you need audacity to fix your files

-->  https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/normalize.html

Keep in mind that the line position changes from release to release, when the VPW devs add code to the script. If you use the table release version 1.0.12 the volume settings starting at line 138 in the script.

How can i edit the script?

1. Fire up VPX

2. Don't start a table, click cancel

3. Inside the Editor click FILE and then OPEN to load your table.

4. Then click VIEW and click SCRIPT.

5.  Here you can scroll through the script to edit your settings. Got to line 138 if you use VPW table release 1.0.12.

Edited by Saveoldstuff

I am not sure whats going on but this the only table. I can not get to run on pinball emporium. I keep getting this script errors not sure what to do to get it to work. The only thing I didnt do is the scorbit part doez this have anything to do with it not working.. please help..

20230321_210204.jpg

20230321_210145.jpg

20230321_212339.jpg

I am not sure whats going on but this the only table. I can not get to run on pinball emporium. I keep getting this script errors not sure what to do to get it to work. The only thing I didnt do is the scorbit part doez this have anything to do with it not working.. please help..

20230321_210204.jpg

20230321_210145.jpg

20230321_212339.jpg

On 1/28/2023 at 2:16 AM, Wylte said:

@Dboundy use the support topic for support, not the ratings. What script errors are you getting?

Runtime error
-------------                     These are the errors I am getting . 
Line: 6478
Type mismatch: 'deCount'

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 5690
Type mismatch: 'StatScore'

Compile error
-------------
Line: 192
Variable is undefined: 'RenderingMode

On 1/28/2023 at 2:16 AM, Wylte said:

@Dboundy use the support topic for support, not the ratings.  What script errors are you getting?

Runtime error
-------------

Runtime error
-------------

Compile error
-------------

3 minutes ago, Dboundy said:

Runtime error
-------------

Runtime error
-------------

Compile error
-------------

Are you on these or new
1 - Visual Pinball X (Standalone EXE) 10.7.3 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33262
2 - Visual PinMAME (Standalone DLL) 3.5 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11571
Here are New Rom's for 3.5 - https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3928-new-vp10-alert-super-mario-bros-gottlieb-1992/?do=findComment&comment=42960
3- B2S Backglass Server 2.0 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

Table plays great but can't get the pup to work. All other game pups work fine. Install seams straight forward too. I all so don't have a song manger folder to put the songs in, so no music right now. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Can you tell me the procedure to update the DOF configuration file for this table without deleting everything that is already working on my Pincab?
I did not find the procedure to follow to carry out the last point of the installation of this table.
Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

I can't get this table to run for the life of me.  It loads, the backglass loads, but no puppack. 

Am I supposed to delete the ironmaiden.directb2s file like with my other pup packs?

What are the sqrcode.exe scrtoken.exe files for?

Do I have to install scorbit to run this table?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 2 months later...

I am having the darndest time getting the ball up the left and right ramps... ball just seems to bounce right back when shooting up them. Everything else basically operates fine with the table (minor exception being text overlapping on the DMD/PUP due to me using an iPad Mini for the DMD screen via SpaceDesk).

Any configs or settings I can change to make those ramps hittable? I realize they arent intended to be easy shots, but I cannot hit them at all. Been playing this game foa  few months now - don't think I have ever hit them without the ball just bouncing back down the ramp.

• Content Provider
3 minutes ago, visualrinse said:

I am having the darndest time getting the ball up the left and right ramps... ball just seems to bounce right back when shooting up them. Everything else basically operates fine with the table (minor exception being text overlapping on the DMD/PUP due to me using an iPad Mini for the DMD screen via SpaceDesk).

Any configs or settings I can change to make those ramps hittable? I realize they arent intended to be easy shots, but I cannot hit them at all. Been playing this game foa  few months now - don't think I have ever hit them without the ball just bouncing back down the ramp.

Just checking - you haven't adjusted z-scale, right?  Ramps aren't too bad here, except for getting to the left ramp without clipping a bumper lol

4 minutes ago, Wylte said:

Just checking - you haven't adjusted z-scale, right?  Ramps aren't too bad here, except for getting to the left ramp without clipping a bumper lol

So, i saw the info on z-scale in here and checked, it wsn't set at one, but I have since gone back in and readjusted to 1. Do other things like Layback or inclination affect these ramps/rgravity?

Also, in the editor, about bounce/elasticity for those ramps - what should they be set at?

Thank you in advance Wylte!

• Content Provider
Just now, visualrinse said:

So, i saw the info on z-scale in here and checked, it wsn't set at one, but I have since gone back in and readjusted to 1. Do other things like Layback or inclination affect these ramps/rgravity?

Also, in the editor, about bounce/elasticity for those ramps - what should they be set at?

Thank you in advance Wylte!

Z-scale is the only "PoV" setting that is secretly not a PoV setting.  It's actually a horrible global physical adjustment that shouldn't exist 🙃

I don't know what values the ramps had, but you can check against a fresh copy of a table if you were tweaking them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, jestermgee said:

So I had this working fine in VPX 10.7 but have updated to 10.8 and was going through setting new POV for all my tables and now this is the first one I have hit out of 100 so far that is no longer functional :( 

I hit the following error on load: 

image.thumb.png.29571f273294e376285f3de9a6b492af.png

image.png.921c18ee4053e272f9a11e57f61402a3.png

https://github.com/vbousquet/flexdmd/actions/runs/6836823342 

grab the flexdmd zip above, unblock, unzip to vpinmame folder, run flexdmdui.exe in vpinmame folder, make sure they are registered