[New VP10 Alert] Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast (Original 2022) VPW

Guys this table is top notch! congratulations!. i have a problem whit the ball, sometimes suddenly teleports, it's not lag or anything, it is about to fall down and teleports... first time something like this happen to me in a vpx table.

Edited by markoshugo

13 hours ago, markoshugo said:

Guys this table is top notch! congratulations!. i have a problem whit the ball, sometimes suddenly teleports, it's not lag or anything, it is about to fall down and teleports... first time something like this happen to my in a vpx table.

I've also experienced something that felt like teleporting yesterday during a Trooper Multiball, I'll post a video of it later, need to search in the shadow play recording.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Deathbringer said:

Here's the video, I must say in the recording it looks like some odd kind of stutter. When I was playing, it looked to me like if the balls were dissolving or being sucked into black holes and then suddenly popping up again somewhere else.

Yep, stutter.  The "black holes" left behind are the shadows, which aren't handled in default VPX and get updated to their balls' positions on the last rendered frame.  You can see just how bad the stutter got by how far the balls moved between each frame that actually made it to your display 🙃

OK, so if I understand it correctly, the ball shadow is always one frame behind? So this was some serious stutter, not just 1 or 2 frames missing. Had another one today, but not as big as the one from yesterday. I did not have any table that did not average on 119-120fps, any idea what could have caused this? I see the wave of lights lighting up starting the moment the stutter occurred. I got an i5-12600K and a RTX 3070 Ti, so a pretty powerful system.

On another note, I had a ball getting stuck when collecting the Pharao's tomb treasure (starting at ~04:15 in the video below). Nudging did not help, as the ball search kicked in the ball got unstuck, disappeared and  kept on generating an endless loop of ball rolling sound. I think it did 2 more ball searches after that and then kicked a new ball into the plunger.

I've uploaded the whole 5 minutes recorded from shadow play, in case it might help to see what was going on before the ball got stuck.

Hello all. First, awesome job and congratulations to VPW Team. What a statement in terms of pinball emulation.

I have an odd problem; the only sound I have on the game is the music.

I tried edit the TABLE VOLUME LEVELS and upped the cVolBGVideo and cVolDef but I hear absolutely nothing.

I run VP 10.7.2, latest PinUpPlayer.

Any other table (classic tables with B2G or PUPPack) do work fine.

Has anyone got an idea about what to try next?

Thanks all!

==> Problem solved by going in VPX > Preferences > Audio Options and had to tick "Play Sound Effects"

Edited by kudjat
problem solved

Awesome table!! 
The only issue I'm having is when multiball starts the balls just stack up and won't auto plunge.  Is there a setting or modification for this?  I'm sure it's something simple.

Also I can't seem to change the LUT with the magna save buttons... just drains a ball.  Thanks!!

I've got a really newbie question. I've got the game playing great. I'm new to Pinup stuff. I followed the directions to install the pup pack. In my games manager, I still don't have any media showing for the front end. Is there a media pack separate or am I just a bozo? I don't have even a wheelbar image.

8 hours ago, marccy1138 said:

You have to get the media. You can also just record the media from your table. Won’t give you a topper, but there are many out there for Iron Maiden. 

Thanks.. I didn't know if there was a specific set for it. I haven't figured out recording media yet.

When you are in the front end, load a table then hit letter “O”. This brings up the operator menu. You will have choices to record screens. Just arrow down and hit return. Listen to the prompts. Hit o again to stop the recording whenever you want. Backglass I do like 15 seconds or so, a bit longer in playfield. 15

seconds for dmd

Hello! 

New to this table, i was having a good game, and after a trooper multiball, i had another multiball launched (i didn't hear the name correctly, and i had all missions complete so maybe it was linked to 2 minutes to midnight) , and in the middle of it, an VBscript error popped up with "you shouldn"t be here".

i was quite mad 😄, but i thought i should report it here. Sorry if this lacks details.

Anyway, great table! i'm having a lot of fun

Awesome table! The amount of work involved in scripting this must have been immense.

I have one question and one bug

1. Music volume - is it adjustable? It's fine as is, but the quiet bits of FOD are a bit too quiet - I assume on the ROM this is an adjustment, I can't see it on the adjustments in the FlexDMD menu - so either I'm looking in the wrong place or it's not an option
(Fair play - coding the menus too :) )

2. I had a fast shot come off the upper left flipper, fire down, hit the bottom left flipper and then hop up over the apron and disappear down the front of the table near the shooter lane - may be a one in a million shot, but I did it and the ball was obviously non-recoverable and the game lost it.

First off, amazing table!  I noticed that if I play a long game (latest one was ~15 minutes) I eventually see the game freeze.  When I alt tab I see a window labeled "VBScript" that just says "Error You shouldnt get here! Make a note"

Other than this the game runs great on my machine.  Any idea why this might be happening?  Pup music continues playing in the background but all action on the table completely stops, frozen in place. 

table does not load, multiple runtime errors from stock download.  pinup is up to date.

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 6478
Type mismatch: 'deCount'

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 5690
Type mismatch: 'StatScore'

Compile error
-------------
Line: 192
Variable is undefined: 'RenderingMode'

Edited by gravitygroove

I am having a small problem but first and foremost, THIS TABLE IS AWESOME!

On to my issue:   I have all the songs in and the game playing well.  But the sound: I have played with the sounds setting in VP and via the coin door controls to mess with the volume and I can't find a good balance between the music playing, the voice speech by Eddie and the girl and the ball/slingshot/table sounds.     If I get a good mix of music to table /ball sounds, i can't hear eddie's callouts.  In fact I can only hear eddie's callouts if i turn the music way down via coin door controls and then crank the PC volume which makes the table/ball sounds way too loud.  Not to mention this messes up my audio balance for all my other tables.  

Thoughts on how to get a good volume for all three?    Truthfully, I never even knew there were callouts in this game.  I always play it on location and and I can't hear anything but the music.  

Thanks for any thoughts and again wonderful job on this table!

1 hour ago, kickthefog said:

I am having a small problem but first and foremost, THIS TABLE IS AWESOME!

On to my issue:   I have all the songs in and the game playing well.  But the sound: I have played with the sounds setting in VP and via the coin door controls to mess with the volume and I can't find a good balance between the music playing, the voice speech by Eddie and the girl and the ball/slingshot/table sounds.     If I get a good mix of music to table /ball sounds, i can't hear eddie's callouts.  In fact I can only hear eddie's callouts if i turn the music way down via coin door controls and then crank the PC volume which makes the table/ball sounds way too loud.  Not to mention this messes up my audio balance for all my other tables.  

Thoughts on how to get a good volume for all three?    Truthfully, I never even knew there were callouts in this game.  I always play it on location and and I can't hear anything but the music.  

Thanks for any thoughts and again wonderful job on this table!

It sound to me that a proper solution for you problem would be that you run the music through - lets say Audacity. You can normalize the music at a preferred sound level. Higher or lower.