New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

1 hour ago, outhere said:

I'm using the latest files from the 1st post and it works
 @Cliffy  if you use freezy 10.2 does it work?

yes I tried that too and renamed the pin2color dll to keep it out of the mix. Nothing makes these triggers work. I've never seen a pack I couldn't make work but this one, wow.  I never wanted this one anyway, just tryin' to help and now I'm headed down the rabbit hole :)  Can you send me your screens, triggers, playlist?

43 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

yes I tried that too and renamed the pin2color dll to keep it out of the mix. Nothing makes these triggers work. I've never seen a pack I couldn't make work but this one, wow.  I never wanted this one anyway, just tryin' to help and now I'm headed down the rabbit hole :)  Can you send me your screens, triggers, playlist?

Thanks you all for helping out. 

@lucky1

I have this product

PinDMD™ v3 FULL COLOR Dot Matrix Display [PinDMD-3] - $299.95 : VirtuaPin, The Virtual Pinball Cabinet

from virtuapin.net

I have not had success finding a way to upload the latest firmware I have downloaded both ST Softwares but doesn't seem to connect and I don't see an SD card to upload. How do I upload firmware for this product?

Also most of the tables work great but occassionaly get scrambling problems I am hoping uploading firmware will resolve this. 

Also specifically JP Salas Deadpool 4.0 Table DMD comes on but then scrambles horribly. Please help

19 hours ago, Cliffy said:

i also just tested it. i see only the b&w pb logo repeating. playing the table i don't see any videos being triggered.

1 hour ago, charlespinball said:

@lucky1

I have this product

PinDMD™ v3 FULL COLOR Dot Matrix Display [PinDMD-3] - $299.95 : VirtuaPin, The Virtual Pinball Cabinet

from virtuapin.net

I have not had success finding a way to upload the latest firmware I have downloaded both ST Softwares but doesn't seem to connect and I don't see an SD card to upload. How do I upload firmware for this product?

Also most of the tables work great but occassionaly get scrambling problems I am hoping uploading firmware will resolve this. 

Also specifically JP Salas Deadpool 4.0 Table DMD comes on but then scrambles horribly. Please help

See here https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/wiki/PinDMD3:-How-to-flash-a-new-firmware

41 minutes ago, BallStuck said:

i also just tested it. i see only the b&w pb logo repeating. playing the table i don't see any videos being triggered.

i think i've narrowed it down. the recent update dmddevice.dll dated 11/18/22 breaks the pb pup for me. i went back to dmddevice.dll dated 8/18/22 and it works again.

edit: i also just tested moon walking dead with dmddevice.dll dated 8/18/22 and it's working too. however, i think i previously had to edit that pup pack somehow to make it work. i forget what i did to it.

Edited by BallStuck

1 hour ago, BallStuck said:

i think i've narrowed it down. the recent update dmddevice.dll dated 11/18/22 breaks the pb pup for me. i went back to dmddevice.dll dated 8/18/22 and it works again.

edit: i also just tested moon walking dead with dmddevice.dll dated 8/18/22 and it's working too. however, i think i previously had to edit that pup pack somehow to make it work. i forget what i did to it.

well i'll be damned. you're right @BallStuck. the lucky/freezy combo dated 8/18 makes playboy pups work. the ONE dll I didnt try I guess. However it breaks my MWD pup :( Of course that one is flaky even with luckys newest dll. 

16 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Thank you @Cliffy and @outhere for confirming that the problem is not on my side.

well my friend at least as far as playboy goes it indeed was your newer dll.  @BallStuck discovered the August 18th dll makes it work. Of course this is a pre .pac dll so folks should be aware thats the choice they'll have to make for now

47 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

well my friend at least as far as playboy goes it indeed was your newer dll.  @BallStuck discovered the August 18th dll makes it work. Of course this is a pre .pac dll so folks should be aware thats the choice they'll have to make for now

i'm pretty sure the 8/18/22 dmddevice.dll still has .pac support

41 minutes ago, BallStuck said:

.pac works well with 8/18/22. 
I think lucky tried to add an extra blank frame to the beginning or to read an extra blank frame to make another PUPpacks work. But I think others aren’t compatible. 
don’t know how to do fix that. 

57 minutes ago, BallStuck said:

welllllll.... I tried demo man right after playboy and no color dmd so I think that either luckys dll didnt support pac then or I may have been using freezys standalone dll. Nearly impossible to tell by properties

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, Cliffy said:

You said that it is also not working with the current 1.10.2 freezy from github https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases ? Is that still true ?

7 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You said that it is also not working with the current 1.10.2 freezy from github https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases ? Is that still true ?

correct. playboy only works with this one attached but doesn't work with your pacs which leads me to believe it is a standalone freezy dll. I searched all the lucky/freezy combos I have stored and cannot find one of yours with the same date of 8/18/2022.

DmdDevice.dll-playboy

• Content Provider

I uploaded a new version in the frist post which removes the PUP patch again.

This version also fixes several issues with tables which use alphanumeric displays like Gottlieb with 2x20 displays. I also merged the latest codebase of official freezy.

Version is already tested and reported to work fine. Please test.

• Content Provider

I may have found the difference between my code and official freezy.

At August 1. we discussed a problem about pup trigger lagging and I made 

a code change that solved the lag.

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/pull/347/commits/c15f3dc2d9b3e43266dfd5a984f5ae68c72543de

That code change may now be causing the problem if PUP expects the same frame being sent

multiple times or in other words PUP is not able to trigger reliable if that frame is only sent once.

That means we have the choice between lagging triggers or triggers being missed randomly.

This is something only @nailbuster can solve. I opened a pull request with my changes to freezy that

they make it into the official release and also asked nailbuster there about these code changes.

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

This version also fixes several issues with tables which use alphanumeric displays like Gottlieb with 2x20 displays. I also merged the latest codebase of official freezy.

so far testing perfectly lucky1. stern playboy pup works, MWD pup works *better*, .pac files work again, SAM patched colorized dmd's work, 192x64 games work, bounty hunter, bone busters, so far so good!

6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

pb pup and moon walking dead pup both work for me with this new version. thanks

hi i updated the new patch but some of the gotlisb games scores have 08888808 ect is it a patch thing or a pinmame thing ill list some of the game buck rogers increadble hulk astroid annie genie the score is there but the it just stayes on the 08888808 and doesnt count when i go back to show dmd in window workes fine only these type of tables im haveing no issue with all others are working fine thanks for your help love all the work that is going on there keep up your fantastic work

Edited by rodneyfitz

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, wryker said:

Reposting since it is an issue from this version. The PUP for FIRE! isnt working properly and it's the dmddevice.dll. So should I d/l the latest freezy one since the one in this latest build is messing up that pup?

I can confirm that the latest files in the first post of this thread do not work correctly with the FIRE! pup pack.  External DMD is on.  Freezy's DMD works correctly with this pup pack.  The Lucky1 dll does not.  The pup triggers won't work correctly the overlay and some of the videos to start the pup don't trigger.

Pup pack in question is here: