New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

On 7/12/2022 at 8:00 PM, Cliffy said:

Everything I've tested has worked perfectly @lucky1 Even the sega 192x64 colorized dmd games work great with pup packs! Flex/Ultradmd, no problems. .pac, vin/pal all work seamlessly. Thanks so much!

I'm getting the same result (worked perfectly) with everything I've tried so far

Thank you
For more help See - For NEW Pac Files
https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3370-attack-from-mars-colorization/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-42753

• Content Provider
45 minutes ago, freezy said:

Thanks for this, @lucky1. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but will try to do so this weekend. Would you mind creating a pull request with your changes in my repo? Cheers!

Funkyman is currently checking my code and looking for possible improvements. When he is done we can create a pull request.

2 hours ago, Ericg384 said:

when I change these files pac files work but i loses my dmd  underlays and my backglasss what am i missing ?

Are you on a cab or desktop? Are you referring to pup packs or the b2s backglass?

One thing I've noticed, since I run desktop, is external dmd (F1) must be checked for a bs2 glass to stay on top (when "bring BG form to top" is checked).  If not using the Freezy/Lucky1 dmddevice/pin2color.dll package like for non-dmd games then I have to use Xenonph's b2sDT.exe and script add-ins to force a b2s backglass on top. 

When it comes to dmd games the only way to get the BG on top is with the external dmd and I havent seen any difference whether the colorized dmd was in .pac or .pal/.vni format. They all just work (for me :)

Cab and everything is running fine till I replace the drill files then it takes out my backglass pup pack or b2s and my dmd screens  just turns both monitors black but the pac file works on my dmd screen but it takes out my dmd underlay

3 minutes ago, Ericg384 said:

Cab and everything is running fine till I replace the drill files then it takes out my backglass pup pack or b2s and my dmd screens  just turns both monitors black but the pac file works on my dmd screen but it takes out my dmd underlay

Did you keep your original DmdDevice.ini file

• Content Provider
On 7/15/2022 at 6:22 PM, Cliffy said:

One thing I've noticed, since I run desktop, is external dmd (F1) must be checked for a bs2 glass to stay on top (when "bring BG form to top" is checked). 

Did you try this ?

• Content Provider
16 minutes ago, BurtMacklin said:

FX3 pup packs when using the new dmddevice.dll files and the setup mentioned in this article don't seem to work.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupdmd_fx3

However with the older dll files that come with freezy install work fine.

Any Logfile ? I see no reason why it should not work.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Any Logfile ? I see no reason why it should not work.

DmdDevice WIITH Freezy DLL.logDmdDevice WITH LUCKY1 DLL.log

Here ae the dmddevice.log files.  One with the DLL from the freezy installer and the other one is from the DLL on this thread. 

This is what I see in the log when using the dmddevice.dll from this thread.  it looks like a DMD resize is occuring

[8] 2022/07/18 12:21:19.774  INFO | Creating FBOs for 128x32 
 [1] 2022/07/18 12:21:19.904  INFO | VPM RGB24 Source received new dimensions: 128x32 => 256x64. 
 [1] 2022/07/18 12:21:19.904  INFO | Resizing virtual DMD to 256x64 
 [8] 2022/07/18 12:21:19.904  INFO | Creating FBOs for 256x64 
 [1] 2022/07/18 12:22:40.394  INFO | [vpm] Close(0) 
 [1] 2022/07/18 12:22:40.394  INFO | Closing up. 

• Content Provider
31 minutes ago, BurtMacklin said:

DmdDevice WIITH Freezy DLL.log 2.58 kB · 1 download DmdDevice WITH LUCKY1 DLL.log 2.86 kB · 1 download

Here ae the dmddevice.log files.  One with the DLL from the freezy installer and the other one is from the DLL on this thread. 

This is what I see in the log when using the dmddevice.dll from this thread.  it looks like a DMD resize is occuring

[8] 2022/07/18 12:21:19.774  INFO | Creating FBOs for 128x32 
 [1] 2022/07/18 12:21:19.904  INFO | VPM RGB24 Source received new dimensions: 128x32 => 256x64. 
 [1] 2022/07/18 12:21:19.904  INFO | Resizing virtual DMD to 256x64 
 [8] 2022/07/18 12:21:19.904  INFO | Creating FBOs for 256x64 
 [1] 2022/07/18 12:22:40.394  INFO | [vpm] Close(0) 
 [1] 2022/07/18 12:22:40.394  INFO | Closing up. 

I added a missing scaler for RGB24 content.

Did you set "scaletohd = true " ?

Try setting to false.

• Content Provider
5 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

I added a missing scaler for RGB24 content.

Did you set "scaletohd = true " ?

Try setting to false.

Setting scaletohd from true to false seems to fix that issue.   With the other DLL it works fine with the scaletohd=true.  Is there a way to have scaletohd set to true with your DLL and it still work?  

• Content Provider
2 minutes ago, BurtMacklin said:

Setting scaletohd from true to false seems to fix that issue.   With the other DLL it works fine with the scaletohd=true.  Is there a way to have scaletohd set to true with your DLL and it still work?  

Try adding the following to your dmddevice.ini

[PINUP\Aliens]

scaletohd = false

• Content Provider
5 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Try adding the following to your dmddevice.ini

[PINUP\Aliens]

scaletohd = false

that works even with scaletohd= true at the top.   So basically will need to manually add these for each FX3 video pup pack?