New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Does anyone have the moon walking dead pup pack working correctly with the latest version posted in the first post in this thread?  I noticed that pup uses pupcapture and the default backglass video that shows the thriller logo and the intro are supposed to trigger off of trigger D7 which is the “game over” dmd. The Game Over logo on the dmd is one of the first things you see.   Funny thing is if you wait for the dmd to cycle through high scores etc and it comes back around to game over the videos trigger like they should at the beginning.   So it seems like a timing issue. 

I compared it to the official freezy release by swapping its dmddevice.dll and the video triggers fine as it should when the table starts.  

*note if I change the trigger for default backglass  to trigger off of Ball 1 pupcapture image after you start the table I can make it work and set intros to start with D0, however not sure what other triggers after that might be affected without digging in and testing each trigger.  

3 hours ago, BurtMacklin said:

Does anyone have the moon walking dead pup pack working correctly with the latest version posted in the first post in this thread?  I noticed that pup uses pupcapture and the default backglass video that shows the thriller logo and the intro are supposed to trigger off of trigger D7 which is the “game over” dmd. The Game Over logo on the dmd is one of the first things you see.   Funny thing is if you wait for the dmd to cycle through high scores etc and it comes back around to game over the videos trigger like they should at the beginning.   So it seems like a timing issue. 

I compared it to the official freezy release by swapping its dmddevice.dll and the video triggers fine as it should when the table starts.  

*note if I change the trigger for default backglass  to trigger off of Ball 1 pupcapture image after you start the table I can make it work and set intros to start with D0, however not sure what other triggers after that might be affected without digging in and testing each trigger.  

working for me but yeah I remember I had to do some tweaking of the puppack triggers. I even cleaned up the thriller static video so its centered and better contrast. I couldn't tolerate the gray black background and not being centered :)

mwd-pups.jpg

1 minute ago, Cliffy said:

working for me but yeah I remember I had to do some tweaking of the puppack triggers. I even cleaned up the thriller static video so its centered and better contrast. I couldn't tolerate the gray black background and not being centered :)

Any chance you could share those files? @BurtMacklin and I would appreciate it.

• Content Provider
1 minute ago, Cliffy said:

I understand you can make it work but have to change the pup pack, that's not the issue.  It should work how it was made as I can make it work just fine with the Official Freezy release dmddevice.dll.  Definitely a bug

3 minutes ago, BurtMacklin said:

I understand you can make it work but have to change the pup pack, that's not the issue.  It should work how it was made as I can make it work just fine with the Official Freezy release dmddevice.dll.  Definitely a bug

Agreed. A fix would be most helpful...so I can moonwalk out the door and play the table proper!

4 hours ago, BurtMacklin said:

You know what? You're right. The newest version pin2color and dmddevice dlls seem to miss the pup triggers. All I'm getting is the intro, skill shot and ball drain triggers :( 

• Content Provider
46 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

You know what? You're right. The newest version pin2color and dmddevice dlls seem to miss the pup triggers. All I'm getting is the intro, skill shot and ball drain triggers :( 

Exactly the pupcapture on this setup isn’t working correctly and triggers seem delayed or just don’t happen 

1 minute ago, BurtMacklin said:

Exactly the pupcapture on this setup isn’t working correctly and triggers seem delayed or just don’t happen 

Yes and its beyond my capability. Maybe @lucky1 can have a look at whats happening- or not happening actually. I'm running the twd_156hc color patched rom and the latest version of vpinmame-sc and this in my vpmalias.txt twd_156_moon,twd_156hc. Its not a great colorization but better than orange. I have to wonder if it affects the capture but I doubt it

• Content Provider
14 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Yes and its beyond my capability. Maybe @lucky1 can have a look at whats happening- or not happening actually. I'm running the twd_156hc color patched rom and the latest version of vpinmame-sc and this in my vpmalias.txt twd_156_moon,twd_156hc. Its not a great colorization but better than orange. I have to wonder if it affects the capture but I doubt it

Nah I thought the same thing, I tried your setup along with using using the stock rom twd_156 and didn't make a difference.  

• Content Provider

The difference I found is that the current freezy does introduce a blank frame before the pinmame frames are displayed. So the frame order is  

"blank"- "version" - "game over"

instead of 

"version" - "game over"

with my version.

This seems to lead to pup not triggering the second frame with my version. The question now is why is it triggering the third but not the second frame. Of course I could somehow also introduce a blank frame but the problem seems to be on the pup side only beeing able to trigger from the third frame on, while I would expect it to be able to trigger from the very first frame on.  Maybe @NailBuster can chime in and have a look.

Hey everyone I moved this comment from another thread at Lucky1's request! I have a problem installing the new Colorprism V4.0 Firmware on my rig. I've been trying for about a week on an off to get the 64 bit version to work but no dice. I get to the point when I'm copying the DmDdevice64.dll and the DMDdevice.dll into /VPinMame and find that if I copy them in I loose my DMD on my main screen. I cannot locate it again and it seems to be missing. I can hear audio but can't locate the DMD. Any ideas what I did wrong? Thanks for the help and amazing work on the software!

31 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Did you try the version from the first post in this thread ?

I did try the new version in that github (v1.10.2) for some reason when I replace the  DmDdevice64.dll and the DMDdevice.dll I am unable to see video. I only hear audio after copying over the files in the /vpinmame. 

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, neohacker said:

I did try the new version in that github (v1.10.2) for some reason when I replace the  DmDdevice64.dll and the DMDdevice.dll I am unable to see video. I only hear audio after copying over the files in the /vpinmame. 

Did you try resetting your settings to default by copying the dmddevice.ini from the zipfile ?

If the version in the first post AND the version 1.10.2 from github are both not working, please open a new thread with your specific problem.

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, hcj13 said:

Hi Lucky, the new version does not work with playboy puppack. I reverted from a backup and worked fine. The backglass loops a video and doesn’t trigger events. 

I don´t have PUP installed. Could someone like @Cliffy confirm there is a problem with that pup pack and my version. Is pup enabled in your dmddevice.ini ?

1 minute ago, lucky1 said:

Did you try resetting your settings to default by copying the dmddevice.ini from the zipfile ?

If the version in the first post AND the version 1.10.2 from github are both not working, please open a new thread with your specific problem.

Hey lucky1! So right now where I'm at is I was able to swap both files and still use the existing DMDs. I can use .pal and .vni type files successfully which is good! Where I'm stuck is I cannot get .pac files to run. I have them in the appropriate files for the roms but for some reason they never start up like the .pal and .vni files. I will keep tinkering and see if I can get .pac to run before opening a new thread. Thanks so much for the tips and great software!

• Content Provider
10 minutes ago, neohacker said:

Hey lucky1! So right now where I'm at is I was able to swap both files and still use the existing DMDs. I can use .pal and .vni type files successfully which is good! Where I'm stuck is I cannot get .pac files to run. I have them in the appropriate files for the roms but for some reason they never start up like the .pal and .vni files. I will keep tinkering and see if I can get .pac to run before opening a new thread. Thanks so much for the tips and great software!

.pac does not work with the 1.10.2 version from github. Use the version attached to the first post in this thread. Here is a brief installation instruction.

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3370-attack-from-mars-colorization/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-42753

15 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

I don´t have PUP installed. Could someone like @Cliffy confirm there is a problem with that pup pack and my version. Is pup enabled in your dmddevice.ini ?

I don't have playboy table or pup right now but will set 'er up after a while and see how it goes.

6 hours ago, hcj13 said:

Hi Lucky, the new version does not work with playboy puppack. I reverted from a backup and worked fine. The backglass loops a video and doesn’t trigger events. 

It's Showing sorted videos with fun stuff on the screen so I'm going to assume it's working

2 hours ago, Cliffy said:

I don't have playboy table or pup right now but will set 'er up after a while and see how it goes.

Ok I grabbed HiRez00's 2021 playboy vpx and hugh hefners puppack. It only shows the looping backglass video for me. No triggers whatsoever. I tried luckys's newest dll combo and freezys latest standalone dll and neither seems to get the pupcaptures to trigger.  Sorry I can't help but @outhere has it working so perhaps he can chime in on his setup