New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

If you google "orange RGB" you get 255,165,0 as value and that looks ok for me.

Also if I compare the picture of the pinmame display window to the pin2dmd it looks o.k.

Great !

I'll look for it this week-end.

I'll keep you informed.

On 2/25/2023 at 9:19 PM, Protomech said:

Yes, those are the instructions I followed

I finally fixed the issue so I'm going to post my solution for others because the instructions weren't implicit enough.  Because my cab isn't connected to the web, I've been downloading the zip to my laptop, unzipping, and copying the files over via USB.  I compared files sizes against someone else who had theirs working and noticed that the DmdDevice.dll had a different file size.  I copied the zip to the USB drive and unzipped it using 7-zip on the cabinet which got me the same file size and now .pac works once I copied it over.  My laptop is set up to unzip using winrar by default.  If anyone else is having issues, I would recommend making sure that you're using 7-zip to unzip the package.

• Content Provider

Update 02. March 2023

- added a version with support for serum coloring plugin by Zedrummer 

- supports color rotation on all output devices . Original serum only supports virtual and zedmd

- fixes the pup triggering bug with Tron serum colorization

- supports keyframe triggering for upcoming dmddevicePUP.dll with pin2dmd colorizations. 

- support for 64bit DLL versions like dmdevicePUP64.dll, serum64.dll and libusbK64.dll

- please set pin2dmd enabled = true for serum tables

Zip file in the first post

Source code is available as a pull request in the official freezy branch

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/pull/347

3 minutes ago, outhere said:

What does that have to do with this topic

Lucky's DLL now supports Serum files, just putting this out there for anybody who tries running Serum colorizations with Lucky's DLL and it crashes on them.

2 minutes ago, KRAKEN said:

Lucky's DLL now supports Serum files, just putting this out there for anybody who tries running Serum colorizations with Lucky's DLL and it crashes on them.

I'm sorry I missed that - thank you for letting me know

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, KRAKEN said:

FYI, scaletohd=true crashes/locks up tables running Serum colorizations.

It is showing the exact same behaviour as the DLL from zedrummer in that point .

Guess it is not supported by serum. Just make a table specific setting with scaling set to false.

Thanks Lucky1, you are awesome!  I wanted to test out the new Serum stuff but was a little scared of messing things up in my Pincab.  So glad I waited (and boy was that quick update).  You rule!!!!!

Yes, everything is working great with new DLLs.  Love the coloring done on Tron, truely awesome.  Make my real Tron Legacy a little less fun playing, damn you :)

7 hours ago, lucky1 said:

It is showing the exact same behaviour as the DLL from zedrummer in that point .

Guess it is not supported by serum. Just make a table specific setting with scaling set to false.

Yes, Zedrummer is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.  I was just informing others of the potential issue if they have scaletohd=true in their .ini file.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, zedrummer said:

About the ZeDMD, does your dll support it? If so, do you keep the paletted 6bit mode to transfer the data to the device as requested, or you convert to RGB24 before sending?

I only took over your Serum specific code changes to my repo, therefore the Serum implementation supports ZeDMD in the same way like your Freezy DLL. 

My repo which is also the base for the pull request is here https://github.com/lucky01/dmd-extensions/commits/coloring_plugin

Lucky, thanks for the awesome assist once again!!!

When it is suggested to make a table specific setting, I am assuming it means in the ini file, make an entry for that table setting that to false (I do this on Attack from Mars as I dont like the scaling effect for that table DMD). 

Also, I am unclear where to put the new format file?  Do they go in Altcolor file as well?

• Content Provider
6 minutes ago, marccy1138 said:

Also, I am unclear where to put the new format file?  Do they go in Altcolor file as well?

I made it such a way it is the easiest to use, so yes don't change your habits and put the crz file in the right subdirectory of altcolor, as for VNI or PAC

• Content Provider
34 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

I think I just found another bug in your serum.cs. I just commited the change to my repo. 

Yes this one already has been fixed (if not the color rotations wouldn't have worked), sorry, it's been a while and I totally forgot to send the corrected code.

I just need to fix the scaletohd problem, I found the problem, this is due to an error in taking into account the scaling in the Convert() function.