New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

Hi @lucky1

I'm using your hybrid solution on my cabinet with a PinDMDv3 and it is working like a charm, but ... (there's always a but :D )
I also use DMDdevice.dll from freezy to record the output to AVI format.
I use these to use your Pin2DMD editor again and cut the frames, so I can make DMD videos in my front end, but also to create animation for my GOdmd clock.

I noticed that when I record the videos, the colors are just the default 4 colors,  and hoped it was now the 64 colors, but even the 16 colors are swapped to 4 colors

Attached are 2 small video's files created with the latest version of your dmdextension.
is this something you can fix as well ?

maybe I'm the only one who uses this feature, but hope it is an easy one for you to fix

These are the entries in the dmddevice.ini :

[video]

; if enabled, writes frames to an .avi file
enabled = True

; path to folder or .avi file. if folder, gamename.avi is used.
path = C:\pinball\PinballX\GeforceCapture\DMD

Edited by MikeDASpike

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, MikeDASpike said:

Hi @lucky1

I'm using your hybrid solution on my cabinet with a PinDMDv3 and it is working like a charm, but ... (there's always a but :D )
I also use DMDdevice.dll from freezy to record the output to AVI format.
I use these to use your Pin2DMD editor again and cut the frames, so I can make DMD videos in my front end, but also to create animation for my GOdmd clock.

I noticed that when I record the videos, the colors are just the default 4 colors,  and hoped it was now the 64 colors, but even the 16 colors are swapped to 4 colors

Attached are 2 small video's files created with the latest version of your dmdextension.
is this something you can fix as well ?

maybe I'm the only one who uses this feature, but hope it is an easy one for you to fix

These are the entries in the dmddevice.ini :

[video]

; if enabled, writes frames to an .avi file
enabled = True

; path to folder or .avi file. if folder, gamename.avi is used.
path = C:\pinball\PinballX\GeforceCapture\DMD

rctycn.avi 11.95 MB · 1 download smb3.avi 5.35 MB · 0 downloads

Please check the latest version

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Would be great if you could share your GoDMD Projects.

Sure. It's far from finished and needed old version of your Pin2DMD editor as the new versions (last 1 1/2 year) screw up the colors when exporting it.
What will be the best place to post the complete foo.ani  file ?

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, MikeDASpike said:

Sure. It's far from finished and needed old version of your Pin2DMD editor as the new versions (last 1 1/2 year) screw up the colors when exporting it.

The pin2dmd editor has advanced to keep up with the changes in the pin2dmd firmware, while the go-dmd firmware from Steve is not further developed and still uses the old editor version.

8 hours ago, MikeDASpike said:

What will be the best place to post the complete foo.ani  file ?

Maybe you can upload it to a file sharing service like google drive or mega.nz and post the link here

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/dmd-uhr-animationen.159389/page-14

Hi lucky!

OK, I am stumped. As I currently understand it, if I use your pin2dmd.dll file with Freezy's dll, my pindmd3 device should be able to use pac files. Although I can get color with vni and pal, when I try to use pac, I get the default colorized pinmame 4 color palette instead.

I have freezy's latest dmddevice.dll and your pin2dmd.dll in the vpinmame folder. I am not sure what step I am missing. Am I just misunderstanding the current state of things? Are pac files pin2dmd exclusive?

Thanks

Chris

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, cboscari said:

Hi lucky!

OK, I am stumped. As I currently understand it, if I use your pin2dmd.dll file with Freezy's dll, my pindmd3 device should be able to use pac files. Although I can get color with vni and pal, when I try to use pac, I get the default colorized pinmame 4 color palette instead.

I have freezy's latest dmddevice.dll and your pin2dmd.dll in the vpinmame folder. I am not sure what step I am missing. Am I just misunderstanding the current state of things? Are pac files pin2dmd exclusive?

Thanks

Chris

Use the dmddevice.dll and pin2color.dll from the zip in the first post.

The current official build of freezy does not have the latest changes needed for it to work.

Hello, while using your latest dmddevice dll with my pin2dmd. I usually for the sega 192x 64 output the dmd to a virtual dmd on my bg with custom coordinates for within the dmddevice.ini. but I have been unable to get this to work i outputs the dmd to the pin2dmd which we all know does not work well on a 128x32.

. So I have to revert to using just plain freezys dll. But in doing so I lose support for the newest color  pac files . (Roadshow,shadow)

I am on the newest fw 4.40.

Thanks Lucky1. 

• Content Provider
31 minutes ago, naeromagus said:

Hello, while using your latest dmddevice dll with my pin2dmd. I usually for the sega 192x 64 output the dmd to a virtual dmd on my bg with custom coordinates for within the dmddevice.ini. but I have been unable to get this to work i outputs the dmd to the pin2dmd which we all know does not work well on a 128x32.

. So I have to revert to using just plain freezys dll. But in doing so I lose support for the newest color  pac files . (Roadshow,shadow)

I am on the newest fw 4.40.

Thanks Lucky1. 

If you have set pin2dmd enable to true and NOT to native you should not have any problem with that configuration.

I assume that if you say dmddevice.dll you mean the dmddevice.dll / pin2color.dll combination from the first post and not the dmddevice.dll from my repo which is for pin2dmd only and not for virtual dmd.

41 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

If you have set pin2dmd enable to true and NOT to native you should not have any problem with that configuration.

I assume that if you say dmddevice.dll you mean the dmddevice.dll / pin2color.dll combination from the first post and not the dmddevice.dll from my repo which is for pin2dmd only and not for virtual dmd.

Thanks it is working now. I was using the one from the repo.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, apinbalwiz said:

Hi 

Could someone direct me to the latest version of this?  What I have is from July 22nd. and I thought there was a later version.  Downloaded what was on the first page of this discussion but it's what I have now.  Thanks!

at the bottom of Luckys 1st page post

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=16944&key=26d180e2f744d4b5e366f40f1f59eaf7

23 hours ago, lucky1 said:

The binary files (dmddevice.dll and pin2color.dll) in the download of the first post are from august 18th !

My bad...was too lazy to actually check the binary files directly...😑

I think it's fantastic what you've done here, am very appreciative of all the hard work!

I've been testing and almost everything works fine. I have pin2dmdHD as native but there are 3 tables where pin2dmdHD doesn't work, it distorts the image and leaves pin2dmdHD blocked. After putting these tables there is no other choice but to restart the pin2dmdHD because the computer stops even recognizing it. I don't know if this is known and someone has provided a solution, thanks in advance. The concrete tables are Star Wars Bounty 3.01, Blade runner 3.0 and Remdwaas pokemon pinball, all with flexdmd

Edited by legolas24

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, legolas24 said:

I have pin2dmd as native but there are 3 tables where pin2dmdHD doesn't work, it distorts the image and leaves pin2dmd blocked.

I´m not sure I understand that sentence. Which hardware do you have ? pin2dmd (128x32) or pin2dmd HD (256x64)?

• Content Provider

Does flexdmd support this resolution ? For RGB24 the source has to assure that the resolution is correct.

However freezy does support scaling of RGB24 content, but you have to switch to enabled = true instead of native for that. Maybe installing a dmddevice.dll in the same directory like flexdmd with enabled = true solves your problem. That way it is not using the installation and parameters from pinmame.