New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

• Content Provider

Update in the first post

- reverted back the change made on 1.August to fix the pup trigger delay as it seems not to work with some pup packs. This needs to be fixed on the pup side by nailbuster. 

- added support for upcoming 64bit version of PUP

7 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Update in the first post

- reverted back the change made on 1.August to fix the pup trigger delay as it seems not to work with some pup packs. This needs to be fixed on the pup side by nailbuster. 

- added support for upcoming 64bit version of PUP

At least todays version still works with the tricky ones like playboy but fire! still has problems- like MWD it only seems to work partially.

Question: If the 64 bit dll's are named as such, ie, pin2color64.dll, why isn't libusbK.dll? I see this dll is different dates and size in x86 and x64 so if it's 64 bit only perhaps it should be named as such? Or does it matter to vpinmame? Curious is all :)

• Content Provider
18 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

At least todays version still works with the tricky ones like playboy but fire! still has problems- like MWD it only seems to work partially.

Question: If the 64 bit dll's are named as such, ie, pin2color64.dll, why isn't libusbK.dll? I see this dll is different dates and size in x86 and x64 so if it's 64 bit only perhaps it should be named as such? Or does it matter to vpinmame? Curious is all :)

I agree with you on this one, today's files work "better" with fire! pup pack, but triggers seem to miss here and there

• Content Provider

Ir should work the same way as 1.10.2 from freezy´s github.

The change I reverted back is the only place in that dataflow where I changed something for pup.

I´m in contact with nailbuster. Maybe he can update something on his side.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, Cliffy said:

libusbk.dll is only needed for backwards compatibility with old libusb32 drivers for real pin2dmd.

Default install ist winusb instead of libusb32, which does not need libusbk.dll. 

It is not directly loaded from my code but from a linked library which I don´t maintain.

I have to see how to modify that code.

• Content Provider
22 hours ago, BurtMacklin said:

I can confirm that the latest files in the first post of this thread do not work correctly with the FIRE! pup pack.  External DMD is on.  Freezy's DMD works correctly with this pup pack.  The Lucky1 dll does not.  The pup triggers won't work correctly the overlay and some of the videos to start the pup don't trigger.

I had a look at the triggers from that PUP pack and all I can say that this is not really reliable.

Maybe it is better someone takes the time to redo the triggers. It also seems that the pup is only partly done.

I'm investing my time in fixing bugs but not in fixing pup packs

106.png.d02ba6254790bbb9218183897eca67a3.png

99.png.329a6155e6035be0fc617423d55f1896.png

• Content Provider
On 8/1/2022 at 7:53 PM, Cliffy said:

I ran dgraces cartoon pup pack and yeah I notice the call outs are on the dmd and they do seem to lag a bit. It feels to me like timings in the puppack itself? Dunno.  I wish it had an option to put the callouts on the topper as the dmd is just too small in desktop mode. This pack has no options by bat file so it has to be manipulated in the editor. Like you I prefer a cartoon version of the pup as it fits the theme of the game. Sorry I'm not more helpful but I can say the movie pup works just dandy.

@Cliffy could you please verify wether the lag is also with the 1.10.2 from freezy ?

4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

@Cliffy could you please verify wether the lag is also with the 1.10.2 from freezy ?

Ok tested tested tested and honestly your newest triggers at least as well as freezy 1.10.2. Very hard to tell a difference and frankly the lag isn't too bad at all. As you say what little there is now could just be pup timings. And yes I would like to get the callouts off the dmd and onto the topper.  It appears that at one time there was a 3 screen option by the two different overlays

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, Cliffy said:

Ok tested tested tested and honestly your newest triggers at least as well as freezy 1.10.2. Very hard to tell a difference and frankly the lag isn't too bad at all. As you say what little there is now could just be pup timings. And yes I would like to get the callouts off the dmd and onto the topper.  It appears that at one time there was a 3 screen option by the two different overlays

Thanks for testing !

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Update 07.December

- updated to latest coloring code with support for "Replace No Retrigger" coloring mode used by e.g. Sys11 colorizations.

I'm not sure what to look for but so far all looks to work ok. I will say *something* just completely wiped out my dmddevice.ini. I pulled up playboy to see if your update affected that sensitive pup pack and thats when I noticed the dmd was out of place and huge and the pup didn't trigger. Closed, checked dmddevice.ini and it was nearly completely blank! Only a top few lines existed. dammit! I admit I had gotten complacent and hadn't backed it up in months- ouch :( All my newly created alphanumeric styles- gone.

Prior to PB I was testing some system 11 games, Dr Dude for one and Funhouse. They seemed fine except one thing- an external dmd was open and I had set  alphanumerics only. I hit F1 to see and yep, external was checked but by golly not by me! I should have got a clue something was going on then.

Note that I ONLY extracted your new pin2color.dll since the device dll didn't seem to have changed since the 11/27 version. I can't imagine that would have anything to do with wiping out the device ini.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, Cliffy said:

I'm not sure what to look for but so far all looks to work ok.

I did not expect anything else. So far there is no colorization using the new mode, but will come in the future.

20 hours ago, lucky1 said:

updated the zip file in the first post

- added support for "ColorMask Loop" coloring mode

The pin2color.dll crashes DE Star Wars color dmd as reported by @Retsamikit here.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/5503-star-wars-data-east-colorization/?do=findComment&comment=34801

These are .pal/.vni colorization. I reverted to the 11/27 version of pin2color and it worked fine again

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

The pin2color.dll crashes DE Star Wars color dmd as reported by @Retsamikit here.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/5503-star-wars-data-east-colorization/?do=findComment&comment=34801

These are .pal/.vni colorization. I reverted to the 11/27 version of pin2color and it worked fine again

I just uploaded a new version which should fix the issue

• Content Provider
28 minutes ago, Retsamikit said:

1.10.3.4 -> dlls copied.. no more DMDs at all. back to 1.10.3.0 - works again.

I did not change the version of the freezy DLL. Normally you just need to copy the DLLs (dmddevice / pin2color) from the zipfile in the first post to make it work.

42 minutes ago, Retsamikit said:

1.10.3.4 -> dlls copied.. no more DMDs at all. back to 1.10.3.0 - works again.

If you look at the file dates in the zip you'll see only the pin2color.dll has changed. Thats the only one I unzipped into vpinmame