New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

16 hours ago, mellkul said:

Did notice the table that we do not speak of is not triggering 

I just tested and it triggers for me. I'm sure you copied the dmddevice.dll and pin2color.dll to the vpinspa folder, right? Funny thing - I forgot to set the dmddevice.ini in the vpinspa folder to hd yet the dmd was scaling to hd anyway. That tells me pinmame is only using the .ini in the vpinmame folder, not needed in vpinspa. I edited it in vpinspa any enabling hd scaling and tested again, same results. pups trigger and dmd looks great

15 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

I just tested and it triggers for me. I'm sure you copied the dmddevice.dll and pin2color.dll to the vpinspa folder, right? Funny thing - I forgot to set the dmddevice.ini in the vpinspa folder to hd yet the dmd was scaling to hd anyway. That tells me pinmame is only using the .ini in the vpinmame folder, not needed in vpinspa. I edited it in vpinspa any enabling hd scaling and tested again, same results. pups trigger and dmd looks great

Ok  ya I put that in vpinspa i got it working  now  thanks guys 

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, kapterb said:

Thank you, I will try to repatch and see what happens.

I repatched and still same issue... however I found out that the Luci edition does work fine but the PWR edition does not for me... so I renamed the cgame name in the PWR edition to Luci's cgame name and now it works. Odd! 

Like to share this:

when the 64c support came out I had very much problem with the pin2dmd showing like double frames when frames followed quickly.

Reported it back then but there was no solution for it at that moment.

Today I installed these new .dll's and tested the same table (it was Champions Pub, the skill shot where you can collect a 'prize' when releasing the fire-button) and......

Everything perfect!

Did test a .pac file as well on an other table and that was colorized also so I think the timing problems have been solved and this is working perfect.

Will do more testing later this week but a 👍👍👍 for now,
Thanks

• Content Provider
17 hours ago, Joppnl said:

Like to share this:

when the 64c support came out I had very much problem with the pin2dmd showing like double frames when frames followed quickly.

Reported it back then but there was no solution for it at that moment.

Today I installed these new .dll's and tested the same table (it was Champions Pub, the skill shot where you can collect a 'prize' when releasing the fire-button) and......

Everything perfect!

Did test a .pac file as well on an other table and that was colorized also so I think the timing problems have been solved and this is working perfect.

Will do more testing later this week but a 👍👍👍 for now,
Thanks

That was really frustrating in the past. No matter how much time I spent, I could never really solve problems like these with the colorization code in dmd-extensions which is the reason why I decided to use my colorization code instead and use dmd-extensions only for output. 

Hello,

as I'm testing the new dll's I found some things may-be possible to have a look at:

1)  for tables with IRL a very big screen like Baywatch, Batman Forever etc  I put a virtual display on my topper monitor and turn the pin2dmd off with the command "pin2dmd enabled = false"  in the dmddevice.ini file.

This used to work but with the new .dll the pin2dmd is still on and working. 
I can confirm that dmddevice.ini is being used by VPX as changes here are being used.

2) is this correct but when I open dmddevice.txt I do not see anymore new log's written.
Latest log is just before I switched to the new .dll

3) cactuscanyon .pac file as can be found on this site made by jpajmo V1.0 : the colorized pictures during gameplay are perfect but when it comes to the scoring numbers the numbers are like there is a little late frame: the previous score is being displayed while the new score is also being displayed. When the ball hits something which gives you points the previous value in now in the background and the new is being displayed in that.

When I open a virtual dmd the virtual dmd is perfect, the pin2dmd is having this problem.

The color files also contain the older pal,vni files: same problem as the .pac file

This reminds me of the same problem I had with ChampionPub whan 64C came out at first: I double checked it and also there it is visable but may-be because the used color for the numbers is darker (green) it's not that much visable (it was very much worse at the first 64C .dll's then it is now with ChampPub but with CC it's very much visable).

On the pin2dmd running FW 4.35 :  in the config:   [pin2dmd]  enabled = native

Edit: NetzZwerg just released his new Roadshow colrization .pac file.

I also do have his older pal/vni files.

With the new .pac file same problem as described above, with the old pal/vni (which output looks like it's the same) no problem.

Edit 2: just installed the .pac files for POTC (V1.01 - vbobrusev) and TZ and although they both also have this big numbers font for scoring they run and look perfect.

Thanks,

20220809_163628.jpg

@Joppnl  This part is working fine for me

-

as I'm testing the new dll's I found some things may-be possible to have a look at:

1)  for tables with IRL a very big screen like Baywatch, Batman Forever etc  I put a virtual display on my topper monitor and turn the pin2dmd off with the command "pin2dmd enabled = false"  in the dmddevice.ini file.

I can confirm that dmddevice.ini is being used by VPX as changes here are being used.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, outhere said:

@Joppnl  This part is working fine for me

-

This only works if freezy controls the pin2dmd and enable is set to true in the global settings. If you set pin2dmd enable to native the pin2dmd is completely handled by the pin2color.dll and the table specific settings are ignored. 

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, Joppnl said:

3) cactuscanyon .pac file as can be found on this site made by jpajmo V1.0 : the colorized pictures during gameplay are perfect but when it comes to the scoring numbers the numbers are like there is a little late frame: the previous score is being displayed while the new score is also being displayed. When the ball hits something which gives you points the previous value in now in the background and the new is being displayed in that.

When I open a virtual dmd the virtual dmd is perfect, the pin2dmd is having this problem.

The color files also contain the older pal,vni files: same problem as the .pac file

This reminds me of the same problem I had with ChampionPub whan 64C came out at first: I double checked it and also there it is visable but may-be because the used color for the numbers is darker (green) it's not that much visable (it was very much worse at the first 64C .dll's then it is now with ChampPub but with CC it's very much visable).

On the pin2dmd running FW 4.35 :  in the config:   [pin2dmd]  enabled = native

Edit: NetzZwerg just released his new Roadshow colrization .pac file.

I also do have his older pal/vni files.

With the new .pac file same problem as described above, with the old pal/vni (which output looks like it's the same) no problem.

Edit 2: just installed the .pac files for POTC (V1.01 - vbobrusev) and TZ and although they both also have this big numbers font for scoring they run and look perfect.

That is something the colorization authors have to look after and is not related to this dll.

After a lot of testing,everything works fine for me also with the new .pac files, except one table Lord of the Rings (Stern 2003)_VPW_v1.3_10.6 crashes every time I open with 10.6.2 final,no errors nothing just desktop, works fine with latest 10.7.

I then clicked F1 uncheck “ use external dll” and table was working fine .

Any help really appreciated LOTR by VPW really plays different in 10.6 and 10.7

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, yangotas said:

After a lot of testing,everything works fine for me also with the new .pac files, except one table Lord of the Rings (Stern 2003)_VPW_v1.3_10.6 crashes every time I open with 10.6.2 final,no errors nothing just desktop, works fine with latest 10.7.

I then clicked F1 uncheck “ use external dll” and table was working fine .

Any help really appreciated LOTR by VPW really plays different in 10.6 and 10.7

I assume the pinmame version stays the same, so I guess it is some kind of timing issue within vpx 10.6.2 causing the crash. 

For anyone (like me) who struggled to get the .pac files working in VPX in Windows 10 64, be sure to install the x86 package, too. I thought I did everything right, but once I installed both packages, everything works perfectly for me. Anyone who knows more than I do (probably everyone in this discussion) is welcome to chime in to clarify if I'm leading anyone astray.

• Content Provider
13 hours ago, elsimpso said:

For anyone (like me) who struggled to get the .pac files working in VPX in Windows 10 64, be sure to install the x86 package, too. I thought I did everything right, but once I installed both packages, everything works perfectly for me. Anyone who knows more than I do (probably everyone in this discussion) is welcome to chime in to clarify if I'm leading anyone astray.

Like written in the first post 

If you have vpinmame.dll installed use the dmddevice.dll and pin2color.dll from the x86 folder.
If you have vpinmame64.dll installed use the dmddevice64.dll and pin2color64.dll from the x64 folder.

Both versions x86 and x64 can be used with the 64bit version of Windows

14 hours ago, elsimpso said:

I actually made it work , used both x86 x64 files fresh downloaded and deleted dmdext.ini , I believe .ini was the culprit, I have one question though if inside the altcolor file exists pin2dmd.vni, pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.pac the new dll will pick always the new .pac file or do I need to remove the .vni and .pal ?

Thanks again for all your efforts and making our hobby great and fun

• Content Provider
1 minute ago, yangotas said:

pin2dmd.vni, pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.pac the new dll will pick always the new .pac file or do I need to remove the .vni and .pal ?

It is recommended to have only one colorization pack in the folder. Either pac or vni/pal

everything has been working amazing since last update,  

but was playing super mario bro  and the color dmd is no longer working  i tried  HD and HD off  and still no change. thanks  just getting dark blue

Edited by mellkul

13 minutes ago, mellkul said:

but was playing super mario bro  and the color dmd is no longer working  i tried  HD and HD off  and still no change. thanks  just getting dark blue

Verified. I only get white and blue. Damn, I hadn't checked this one. its in pal/vni format

1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

Maybe @lucky1 will have a look. As far as I know its the only Gottlieb/Premier colored rom I have in my games

Ya i think for me as well , oh no I have street fighters  think it's gottlieb as well but the color dmd is working for it .

Edited by mellkul

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, mellkul said:

Should be fixed in the latest version I just uploaed