New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

10 hours ago, outhere said:

Do you have it working with Freezy 10.2

yes, 1.10.2

Two times out of three, the colors in the animations are there, but the color of the score is white.

However, some colors in the animations are incorrect. Pink is light green. The purple color of the score in the Addams Family is always sky blue. A friend of mine sent me his pinmame folder with the working colored dmd, and on both PCs I have at home, it gives the same problems. Sometimes in the virtual dmd, the colors are "almost right", meaning I also see the right color score, but in the animations, there are always colors that aren't right.

https://youtu.be/fkBZWRJpt-M

Edited by giotta

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, echodun said:

Should I be surprised since the dmddevice.dll from here would be replaced by Freezy's in the process? 

Isn´t it normal that if you install a program over another you always loos the old program ?

5 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Isn´t it normal that if you install a program over another you always loos the old program ?

Yes, but for some reason I thought they worked concurrently.  Is yours the only one that can handle .pac files?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 4:31 PM, lucky1 said:

Hi all,

since my solution using dmd-extension as a plugin for my dmddevice.dll was done in a rush, to quickly address some problems, time has shown that this approach has some drawbacks like pup-packs based on scaled-down screenshots of large sega dmds not working. 
Freezy recommended to implement a coloring API into his dmd extensions code which my coloring code connects to. So I spent the last weeks to implement this coloring API into the dmd-extensions code.  I moved the coloring code from my dmddevice.dll into a pin2color.dll plugin library which connects to this API. Just like with my first solution the frames are colored and forwarded  to  the devices supported by the latest official dmd-extensions release.
Of course this solution also supports all the latest colorizations methods and file formats and removes the problems which still existed in the dmd-extensions coloring code. The coloring API changes are made to the codebase of the last official release and until freezy pulls these changes into the official repository, in respect to the GPL license, the code changes necessary are made public here.
https://github.com/lucky01/dmd-extensions

For your convenience I attached all the files needed. 

Depending on wether you have VPinMame.dll or VPinMame64.dll installed you need to install the contents of the x86 or x64 folder. For installation just copy the contents of the zip file to your vpinmame installation folder. You may be asked to overwrite a previous installation of dmddevice.dll. If you previously used freezy DmdDevice.dll and want to keep your settings just keep  your DmdDevice.ini.

If you want to use PinballFX3 tables with PinUP Packs and have set scaletohd = true in the global settings

You need to add scaletohd = false for every table to make the PinUp Pack work.

Here is a list of the current tables

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/7504-new-version-dmd-extensions-with-pin2dmd-coloring-plugin-and-pac-file-support/?do=findComment&comment=64271

Update 31. July

- fix issue with simple palette file and DataEast 128x16 tables 

Update 01. August

- add colorization support to alphanumeric tables

- add alphanumeric dump function to alphadump folder

- fix pup output for 128x16 if colorization is active

- fix pup retriggering issue

Update 02. August

- fix pup issue with 128x16 tables and scaletohd = true

Update 16. August

- fix SuperMario (smb3) colorization

Update 18. August

- add color support to AVI file output

Update 9. September

- fix issue with flexdmd tables and pin2dmd HD (256x64) set to native

- add game specific options if pin2dmd global setting is native

Update 9.October

- fix colorization not working if pin2dmd enable set to true

Update 12.October

- fix issue with flexdmd using non realistic dmd resolutions

set flexdmd width/height to 128x32,192x64 or 256x64 in table script to make real pin2dmd work in native mode

Update 18.November

- add workaround for PUP issue not triggering first frames

Update 24.November

- remove previous workaround for PUP as it did introduce new problems. 

- merge latest freezy changes into codebase

- fix some layout problems with alphanumeric tables e.g. Gottlieb 2x20 display, Riverboat Gambler, Police Force etc.

Update 27.November

- reverted back the change made on 1.August to fix the pup trigger delay as it seems not to work with some pup packs. This needs to be fixed on the pup side by nailbuster. 

- added support for upcoming 64bit version of PUP

Update 07.December

- updated to latest coloring code with support for "Replace No Retrigger" coloring mode 

Update 29.December

- added support for "ColorMask Loop" coloring mode

Update 30.December

- fix issue with SWDE

Please test. I hope everything works now.

P.S.

If you have a real pin2dmd you may use 
enabled = native

instead of

enabled = true 
in the pin2dmd section of the dmddevice.ini

This gives you better performance.

dmd-extensions_with_pin2color_plugin.zip 24.42 MB · 347 downloads

I used the files from the above dmd extensions download link, saved my old files, copied the new ones over to my VpinMame folder and pac files worked. However, my pup packs stopped working properly. Either not loading or triggers not working so I copied my old files back over and my pup packs are working correctly again but pac files no longer work. Any suggestions on how to use the new dmd extensions and keep my pup packs working properly?

Can I create a new folder in VpinMame, name it Lucky1 and use the files here while keeping my old ones?

Edited by 80sRkadeguy70

1 hour ago, 80sRkadeguy70 said:

I used the files from the above dmd extensions download link, saved my old files, copied the new ones over to my VpinMame folder and pac files worked. However, my pup packs stopped working properly. Either not loading or triggers not working so I copied my old files back over and my pup packs are working correctly again but pac files no longer work. Any suggestions on how to use the new dmd extensions and keep my pup packs working properly?

Can I create a new folder in VpinMame, name it Lucky1 and use the files here while keeping my old ones?

this link? https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19207&key=e320c5a6e040fec0e7c37874626866d3

all my pups work and pacs

2 hours ago, 80sRkadeguy70 said:

See >> For NEW Pac Files - https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3370-attack-from-mars-colorization/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-42753

3 hours ago, 80sRkadeguy70 said:

I got it fixed. I had to enable pup packs in the dmddevice.ini

I was going to suggest that but when you said your pup packs worked last week I figured you already had that enabled. So it seems your .ini got overwritten at some pint. I lost a years worth of customized dmddevice.ini and learned my lesson- back it up in another folder! :)

3 hours ago, Cliffy said:

I was going to suggest that but when you said your pup packs worked last week I figured you already had that enabled. So it seems your .ini got overwritten at some pint. I lost a years worth of customized dmddevice.ini and learned my lesson- back it up in another folder! :)

I backed up my old files zipped them up before overwriting using the new files.  I copied the settings from my old dmddevice.ini to the new one and everything is working fine now.

Have been away from my machine for several months, and just getting back into the swing of things so if I am missing something obvious, my apologies.  I installed the files form the first post and everything works perfectly using my existing dmddevcice.ini

However, if I use enabled = native for the dmddevice.ini pin2dmd setting my DMD doest work in Pinup Popper.  When I launch VPX tables it works fine, just doesn't display anything in the Pinup Popper menus.  Not a big deal because I just switch it back to "true" from "native" and everything works, but I was just curious if I am missing something.

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, movieguy said:

Have been away from my machine for several months, and just getting back into the swing of things so if I am missing something obvious, my apologies.  I installed the files form the first post and everything works perfectly using my existing dmddevcice.ini

However, if I use enabled = native for the dmddevice.ini pin2dmd setting my DMD doest work in Pinup Popper.  When I launch VPX tables it works fine, just doesn't display anything in the Pinup Popper menus.  Not a big deal because I just switch it back to "true" from "native" and everything works, but I was just curious if I am missing something.

Could you attach your dmddevice.ini and the logfile ?

7 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Could you attach your dmddevice.ini and the logfile ?

Sure.  Please see attached.  The log is only from launching Popper and not getting the DMD displayed.  As an aside, the DMD also doesnt display for me when using the flexdmd test tab for UtraDMD emulation when showing multicolor.  Works great when using monochrome, but not multicolor (only in the UltraDMD tab for the FlexDMD UI app.  Not really a big deal to me, but maybe its related?  Thanks for taking a look.

DmdDevice.ini DmdDevice.log

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, movieguy said:

Works great when using monochrome, but not multicolor (only in the UltraDMD tab for the FlexDMD UI app.

Adding 

[Designer]
pin2dmd enabled = true

to the dmddevice.ini should fix that issue

Since I don´t use pupplayer/popper I´m not able to test this in my setup.

It seems that it does not report a game name !? Maybe try

[]
pin2dmd enabled = true

in the dmddevice.ini

If that does not work you unfortunatelly have to set global to true and enable native on a per game basis.