New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

• Content Provider
2 minutes ago, reggert32 said:

Hi,

I am on desktop only, so what is better to use Freezy or Lucky ?

best regards

You have both freezy and lucky with the version in the first post.

dmddevice.dll is freezy and pin2color.dll is my code.

Hace 6 horas, lucky1 dijo:

¿Flexdmd admite esta resolución? Para RGB24 la fuente tiene que asegurarse de que la resolución es correcta.

Sin embargo, freezy admite el escalado de contenido RGB24, pero debe cambiar a enabled = true en lugar de nativo para eso. Tal vez la instalación de un dmddevice.dll en el mismo directorio como flexdmd con enabled = true resuelve su problema. De esa manera no está utilizando la instalación y los parámetros de pinmame.

Todas las mesas funcionan bien para mí, deadpool, pokemon v4, diablo, con la configuración nativa. Solo esas 3 tablas distorsionan el pin2dmdHD

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, legolas24 said:

Todas las mesas funcionan bien para mí, deadpool, pokemon v4, diablo, con la configuración nativa. Solo esas 3 tablas distorsionan el pin2dmdHD

Like I said, try copying the DLLs and ini file to your flexdmd folder and set enable to true.

That way it uses the freezy code only for flexdmd.

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, legolas24 said:

Is there a special scene when this happens or does it happen immediately ?

11 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Like I said, try copying the DLLs and ini file to your flexdmd folder and set enable to true.

That way it uses the freezy code only for flexdmd.

First

I have done the following tests

1.- Create folder with flexdmd

2.-In Folder dmddevice and ini freezy

3.- Pin2dmd enabled = true and virtualdmd = true

photo_2022-09-07_09-16-45.thumb.jpg.ad26df8b16fadce558dfa081cf1b5615.jpg

Pin2dmd ignore

Second

Change dll freezy for the last lucky integration

pin2dmd enabled = true 

photo_2022-09-07_09-16-57.thumb.jpg.963f35d5d7de2e74b82de85764ac3e6d.jpg

Pin2dmd work but with the mentioned tables

photo_2022-09-07_09-16-53.thumb.jpg.5ed111db2b99df1eb6873342ca5707ad.jpg

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Acabo de revisar la tabla desde aquí

Con pin2dmd enable establecido en true, funcionó sin problemas en un

pin2dmd HD.

Pin2dmd doesn't even work for me in true. I have put firmware 4.41 which seems to be not stable, could it have something to do with it?

flexdmd.thumb.jpg.d62388b48bf4607555adb782f94fac5d.jpgflexdmd2.thumb.jpg.e374556739ff45a7b0fb4eae05f0d9d8.jpgflexdmd3.thumb.jpg.31381b96c10eac637c8b9da0c53d2b40.jpgflexdmd4.thumb.jpg.cf6c234e7d6ec52d0d10e94ce0fb82ec.jpg

Edited by legolas24

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Are you sure you have installed the files from the first post ?

My installation shows 1.10.3.0 as version in flexdmd.

I have tried 1.10.3.0, the 1.10.3.4, the ones in the first post… if I put pin2dmd enabled = true in the ini, the pin2dmdhd does not respond.  Only if I put it in native

• Content Provider
58 minutes ago, legolas24 said:

I have tried 1.10.3.0, the 1.10.3.4, the ones in the first post… if I put pin2dmd enabled = true in the ini, the pin2dmdhd does not respond.  Only if I put it in native

Which USB driver do you have installed ?  I use WinUSB.

9 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Which USB driver do you have installed ?  I use WinUSB.

I use WinUSB v10

When telling me I have also tried with the v6 version that comes in the 4.39 master but it continues to do the same. I'll keep trying things and if not for 3 tables it's not the end of the world either. If I find the solution, I'll post it here.

• Content Provider
On 8/9/2022 at 4:47 PM, Joppnl said:

1)  for tables with IRL a very big screen like Baywatch, Batman Forever etc  I put a virtual display on my topper monitor and turn the pin2dmd off with the command "pin2dmd enabled = false"  in the dmddevice.ini file.

I added the option to the latest version to set pin2dmd enabled = true/false on a per game basis even if pin2dmd is set to native in the global settings. If set to true it uses the freezy internal renderer for pin2dmd. If set to false the display is turned off for that table.

On 9/8/2022 at 8:32 AM, legolas24 said:

I use WinUSB v10

When telling me I have also tried with the v6 version that comes in the 4.39 master but it continues to do the same. I'll keep trying things and if not for 3 tables it's not the end of the world either. If I find the solution, I'll post it here.

I think I fixed the problem with flexdmd and the pin2dmd HD if set to native in the dmddevice.ini.

Please test.

Updated binaries as always in the first post.

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I added the option to the latest version to set pin2dmd enabled = true/false on a per game basis even if pin2dmd is set to native in the global settings. If set to true it uses the freezy internal renderer for pin2dmd. If set to false the display is turned off for that table.

I think I fixed the problem with flexdmd and the pin2dmd HD if set to native in the dmddevice.ini.

Please test.

Updated binaries as always in the first post.

great job as always @lucky1 Now star wars bounty, ut99 work fine and not only that, individual settings work.

remwass pokemon it doesn't work but I think it's because of the table itself since blade runner which is based on it doesn't either but with the individual settings I can turn off pin2dmd and activate virtual dmd, thank you as always for your help

2 hours ago, legolas24 said:

great job as always @lucky1 Now star wars bounty, ut99 work fine and not only that, individual settings work.

remwass pokemon it doesn't work but I think it's because of the table itself since blade runner which is based on it doesn't either but with the individual settings I can turn off pin2dmd and activate virtual dmd, thank you as always for your help

Do you mean pokemon  and blade runner don't work at all or Not right

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, legolas24 said:

photo_2022-09-07_09-16-53.jpg.d34a7f593a5bc691ba6ea51f65fa1496.thumb.jpg.a08b63ea9204c49f89358dafa0faf1f8.jpg

This is what they look like, dl virtual dmd if it shows them ok

I would say it is the table

Have you tried setting

FlexDMD.Width = 256
FlexDMD.Height = 64

in the table script ?

or maybe add

[Pokemon_Pinball]

pin2dmd enabled = true

to your dmddevice.ini

4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Have you tried setting

FlexDMD.Width = 256
FlexDMD.Height = 64

in the table script ?

or maybe add

[Pokemon_Pinball]

pin2dmd enabled = true

to your dmddevice.ini

If I do this it works right for me  pin2dmd enabled = true

• Content Provider

The problem is that the DMD animations from BladeRunner and Pokemon have a very strange resolution of  768x216 which if scaled down by 6 is 128x36 which does not have the aspect ration of a standard DMD of 128x32 or 256x64. Freezy ignores this and scales down the picture ignoring the aspect ratio.

31 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

The problem is that the DMD animations from BladeRunner and Pokemon have a very strange resolution of  768x216 which if scaled down by 6 is 128x36 which does not have the aspect ration of a standard DMD of 128x32 or 256x64. Freezy ignores this and scales down the picture ignoring the aspect ratio.

You are a crack, solved with the 256 x 64 in script. Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...

hi @lucky1, I've observed the following when using your dlls (from the first post) on my pin2dmd HW (firmware 2.39) with both the newer pac and older vni/pal files..

• dmddevice.ini [dmd2pin] enabled=native.. display renders correctly with all colors.  Although it does include a false positive error in the log which is a little misleading that you might want to consider fixing in a future release.
     [1] 2022/09/24 10:09:28.136 ERROR | Value "native" for "enabled" under [pin2dmd] must be either "true" or "false". 
  • dmddevice.ini [dmd2pin] enabled=true.. display only renders with 4 colors.  From what I read in your first post, I was expecting this to render with all colors, albeit a little less performant.

I'm happy to continue 'native' (and ignroing the error log), since I don't have any table specific settings.  But thought perahps there might be a bug here?  Or perhaps something not quite right with my setup.

DmdDevice-lucky-enabled.log DmdDevice-lucky-native.log DmdDevice.ini

• Content Provider

20 hours ago, stoj said:

on my pin2dmd HW (firmware 2.39)

You should really update your firmware. Yours is from 2017 !! I only test my development with the latest version.

20 hours ago, stoj said:

dmddevice.ini [dmd2pin] enabled=native.. display renders correctly with all colors.  Although it does include a false positive error in the log which is a little misleading that you might want to consider fixing in a future release.

[1] 2022/09/24 10:09:28.136 ERROR | Value "native" for "enabled" under [pin2d

That is o.k. since "native" is not a feature from freezy but from pin2color.dll

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I cannot get this working 🙁

I have no problem with running colorized (virtual) DMDs based on .pal and .vni - they all are working fine. I'm using 32-bit. Freezy is the latest 1.10.2 version.

So if I understand it correctly, I should be able to replace the dmddevice.dll with the one from the ZIP file's x86 folder and copy libusbK.dll and pin2color.dll into the VPinMAME folder, then this should work with the .pac file in the corresponding altcolor folder.

Except it doesn't... in fact, as soon as I replace the dmddevice.dll with the one from the archive in the first post, not even .pal and .vni are working anymore, let alone .pac

I also tried to leave freezy's .dll in place instead of the one from the archive, but still doesn't work with .pac (although it does with .pal/.vni).

What am I doing wrong?

• Content Provider

first of all libusbk is not needed for virtual DMD. It is only needed for pin2dmd with libusb-win32 drivers installed instead of winusb. All the files you need are in the first post. Try copying the dmddevice.dll + pin2color.dll + dmddevice.ini from the first post to your folder where the vpinmame.dll is. 

same problem as @htamas except i use real DMD firmware V4.39

pac files used to work before i upgraded to dmdext 1.10.2. i did this update because it fix some pup pack video trigger

now with dmdext 1.10.2 32bit: full color on .pal/.vni and 4 color on .pac

when i replace with files of the first page:  4 color on .pal/.vni and 4 color on .pac

now if i set [pin2dmd] enabled=native my dmd is not working at all

if i get back to files included in firmware V4.39 (PIN2DMD/integration/pinmame/pin2color.zip & dmddevice.zip), then  .pal/.vni .pac works fine but i dont get the pup pack fix :(