New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, TeteDampoule said:

if i get back to files included in firmware V4.39 (PIN2DMD/integration/pinmame/pin2color.zip & dmddevice.zip), then  .pal/.vni .pac works fine but i dont get the pup pack fix :(

The dmddevice.dll on my github is ONLY for pin2dmd use and not for use with pin2color.dll.

This is due to license limitiations of freezy dmddevice.dll not allowing to distribute pin2color.dll

together with freezy dmddevice.dll on my repo.

Use only the files from the first post which contain a compile of freezy 1.10.2 compatible with my pin2color.dll.

Any other combination is not supported so far.

Dmddevice.dll from freezy github is NOT YET compatible with my  pin2color.dll as the changes needed did not make it into his build so far. This may change in the future. 

Also check wether you have vpinmame.dll and/or vpinmame64.dll and copy either or both 32bit and 64bit version of pin2color/dmddevice from the zip file in the first post. 

My bad, everything works perfectly fine for me when using when using files included in PIN2DMD firmware V4.39.

I simply had to modify [pinup] enable = true in DmdExt.ini instead of DmdDevice.ini to activate pup pack.

i still dont understand why the files provided in first page are not working with my pin2dmd setup.

Anyway thanks for your work and for supporting us !

Hey @lucky1

first of all: thank you very much for your effort 🤩

One problem with your last version / download @ the 1st page:

pac files and vni files are monochrome orange with pin2dmd (firmware v4.41) using pin2dmd enabled = true. Virtual DMDs instead are working perfect with pac and vni color files.

With the previous download it worked with pin2dmd as it should.

Did i miss something?

Greetings, Kai

Edited by kds70

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, kds70 said:

pac files and vni files are monochrome orange with ... pin2dmd enabled = true. Virtual DMDs instead are working perfect with pac and vni color files.

That was the missing hint. Should be fixed now in the latest zip in the first post.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, TeteDampoule said:

My bad, everything works perfectly fine for me when using when using files included in PIN2DMD firmware V4.39.

I simply had to modify [pinup] enable = true in DmdExt.ini instead of DmdDevice.ini to activate pup pack.

i still dont understand why the files provided in first page are not working with my pin2dmd setup.

Anyway thanks for your work and for supporting us !

Please try again with the updated version in the first post

I got my installation to work as well.

In my case, the problem was caused by my existing dmddevice.ini file. Once I copied the one from the archive, both .pac and .vni started to work OK with the dmddevice.dll from the archive in the first post. I had to change some settings related to the positioning of the DMD though.

Not sure what exactly did I have in my previous .ini file causing the problem, which was working perfectly with Freezy's DLL and .vni files. The strange thing was that with the old .ini and the new DLL, no colorization worked regardless of being .pac or .vni.

Since the instructions say "If you previously used freezy DmdDevice.dll and want to keep your settings just keep your DmdDevice.ini.", that's what I did because I wanted to keep changes to the minimum. Looks like this is not always working.

K so today I installed hellraiser and it was not working, then I saw make sure you have latest Frezzy, I thought I did but turns out not installed that and now hellraiser works, but now my PAC coloured roms do not... I know the game just came out today maybe its me or maybe it will be everyone, but.

Any thoughts or suggestions please, and thank you.

1 hour ago, RacerRecords said:

K so today I installed hellraiser and it was not working, then I saw make sure you have latest Frezzy, I thought I did but turns out not installed that and now hellraiser works, but now my PAC coloured roms do not... I know the game just came out today maybe its me or maybe it will be everyone, but.

Any thoughts or suggestions please, and thank you.

For me hellraiser works with the files from the First post

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, outhere said:

For me hellraiser works with the files from the First post

I'm actually having the same issue with the new Hellraiser table and the Files from the first post here.  Table hangs then VPX just crashes.  The logs don't seems to show anything though, so not sure what is going on.  I can make it work if I set LCD DMD in the table script to false, but the "official Freezy dmd files" work fine with that option on and table loads and plays fine, but of course .pac files no longer work in that scenario.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, BurtMacklin said:

I'm actually having the same issue with the new Hellraiser table and the Files from the first post here.  Table hangs then VPX just crashes.  The logs don't seems to show anything though, so not sure what is going on.  I can make it work if I set LCD DMD in the table script to false, but the "official Freezy dmd files" work fine with that option on and table loads and plays fine, but of course .pac files no longer work in that scenario.

Same Problem as BladeRunner

In the table script please change from 512x128 to 256x64

There is no real DMD with a resolution of 512x128

If LCDScreen = True Then
                        FlexDMD.Width = 256
                        FlexDMD.Height = 64
                        End If

• Content Provider

update of zip in the first post 

- fix issue with flexdmd using non realistic dmd resolutions

set flexdmd width/height to 128x32,192x64 or 256x64 in table script to make real pin2dmd work in native mode

Thanks for the fix.

Hellraiser looks great now.

Hope this eventually makes it to

Freezy's git at some point.

I actually prefer it and .pac files could be named according to mame romsets.

No more two files with the same name for every table.. or wasting two downloads for one file.

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

update of zip in the first post 

- fix issue with flexdmd using non realistic dmd resolutions

set flexdmd width/height to 128x32,192x64 or 256x64 in table script to make real pin2dmd work in native mode

That resolved the issue and for my LCD DMD I didn't have to change the resolutions in the table script and it looks great.  Thanks for the quick fix @lucky1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding how to make this work.  I was happy with the .vni and .pal files, but everything I see now is .pac and I just can't get them to work.  Does this replace Freezy or work with it?  If I have Freezy installed and using x86 VPinMAME, which files from the first post am I supposed to use?  I hear talk of dmddevice.ini and also dmdext.ini.  Do I need to copy my dmddevice.ini to this other file dmdext.ini?  Do I need the dmddevice.dll that comes with the package from the first post, or do I keep the Freezy?

13 minutes ago, MrGrynch said:

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding how to make this work.  I was happy with the .vni and .pal files, but everything I see now is .pac and I just can't get them to work.  Does this replace Freezy or work with it?  If I have Freezy installed and using x86 VPinMAME, which files from the first post am I supposed to use?  I hear talk of dmddevice.ini and also dmdext.ini.  Do I need to copy my dmddevice.ini to this other file dmdext.ini?  Do I need the dmddevice.dll that comes with the package from the first post, or do I keep the Freezy?

This one;

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17764&key=b2b398a5c815c625cdc52cfbee322f4e

You dont need dmdext.ini. Just dmddevice.ini. Make a backup of the one you have now before unblocking, unzipping and overwriting with this new one. 

11 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

This one;

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17764&key=b2b398a5c815c625cdc52cfbee322f4e 24.4 MB · 241 downloads

You dont need dmdext.ini. Just dmddevice.ini. Make a backup of the one you have now before unblocking, unzipping and overwriting with this new one. 

Wow!  I don't know how I went wrong before, but I just tried the files you linked and now its working fine.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, MrGrynch said:

My apologies.  I just realized that you are THE "Cliffy".  Thanks to you also for all the work you do to bring color to our DMDs!

I just make metal, not color dmds but yeah thanks i try to help if there's anything I've learned and can share :)