New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

58 minutes ago, marccy1138 said:

When it is suggested to make a table specific setting, I am assuming it means in the ini file, make an entry for that table setting that to false (I do this on Attack from Mars as I dont like the scaling effect for that table DMD). 

Maybe I did it wrong, but I tried to disable the "scaletohd" as a per-table option in [ss_15] and it didn't work.  I had to disable in the global settings

• Content Provider

I noticed you also cant seem to use a serum color  file if you are using an vpmalias for a table. For example I have a Bigus mod of Scared Stiff and I use that with the b2s and my other version I use with a pup pack. So to keep them separate I create an vpmalias of SS_15bigus,SS_15 and in the table cgamename it is SS_15bigus.

In the past,  pal/vi and pac both worked fine when an alias was in use, but with the cRZ format it doesn't seem to work to place the cRZ in the altcolor folder with the same name as the alias cgamename in the table script.  

Is this expected or anyone else try this out yet?

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, BurtMacklin said:

I noticed you also cant seem to use a serum color  file if you are using an vpmalias for a table. For example I have a Bigus mod of Scared Stiff and I use that with the b2s and my other version I use with a pup pack. So to keep them separate I create an vpmalias of SS_15bigus,SS_15 and in the table cgamename it is SS_15bigus.

In the past,  pal/vi and pac both worked fine when an alias was in use, but with the cRZ format it doesn't seem to work to place the cRZ in the altcolor folder with the same name as the alias cgamename in the table script.  

Is this expected or anyone else try this out yet?

Have you tried adding puphide = 1 to the script rather than an alias file

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, pritch33 said:

Have you tried adding puphide = 1 to the script rather than an alias file

Yeah but not always a pup the reason for an alias and I’m sure that would work isn’t this case but I’m general other altcolor methods worked fine with an Alias in use.  Just reporting it as a possible bug

So, has anyone had an issue with lucky new dll, etc? The first time I copied it there all my DMD positions off. I had a backup so restored it however, I tried it again and the same thing happened.

you just copy the Dmd.dll, serum.dll and DMDext.exe to the voinmame folder, correct?

I tried but didn’t get the color to work. Must be something I’m missing.

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, marccy1138 said:

you just copy the Dmd.dll, serum.dll and DMDext.exe to the voinmame folder, correct?

Are you sure you have the right zip file ? There is no dmdext.exe in my zip.

Here is the direct link to the download attached to the first post

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20700&key=f1055173ac6347a105f5cf939831cfda

With Lucky’s new DLL my VNI/PAL isn’t working. Headed to dinner with friends before I could troubleshoot. If someone could confirm it’s suppose to work with VNI/PAL, PAC and SERUM I would appreciate it. That would allow me to think about what I did wrong while the dinner crowd drones on and I’m in my own mental world. 

47 minutes ago, bushav said:

With Lucky’s new DLL my VNI/PAL isn’t working. Headed to dinner with friends before I could troubleshoot. If someone could confirm it’s suppose to work with VNI/PAL, PAC and SERUM I would appreciate it. That would allow me to think about what I did wrong while the dinner crowd drones on and I’m in my own mental world. 

all formats working for me here with the newest lucky1 combo. CRz, .pac, pal/vni and fsq, even color patched sam all working great. 

Make sure you downloaded the correct file

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20700&key=f1055173ac6347a105f5cf939831cfda

6 hours ago, Cliffy said:

all formats working for me here with the newest lucky1 combo. CRz, .pac, pal/vni and fsq, even color patched sam all working great. 

Make sure you downloaded the correct file

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20700&key=f1055173ac6347a105f5cf939831cfda 24.44 MB · 201 downloads

Cliffy thanks,

I didn't have the 32 bit version installed.  Got it working.

Looks great.

OK, I figured it out. Since I was using lucky's DMDext.ini, all my coordinates were there. I copied them over to DMDdevice.ini and then I could used the new format properly.

I just dont know when I set a new table where the coordinates will go (DMDext or DMDdevice.ini). Will we get an updated DMDext.ini file? 

15 minutes ago, marccy1138 said:

OK, I figured it out. Since I was using lucky's DMDext.ini, all my coordinates were there. I copied them over to DMDdevice.ini and then I could used the new format properly.

I just dont know when I set a new table where the coordinates will go (DMDext or DMDdevice.ini). Will we get an updated DMDext.ini file? 

As I understand it correctly, the DMDext.ini file was used with the version of Lucky's DLL that came out just when the PAC files were introduced. With the later versions, the DMDDEVICE.ini is used again. 

Thanks @lucky1 for bringing this version that works with everything. 

By the way, to check what file is updated, just save the position of one of the DMD's and check the date on the files. The file that got changed has the date and time of when you made the change. But if you did it correctly, it should be the DMDDEVICE.ini

Edited by ronaldvg

• Content Provider
9 minutes ago, marccy1138 said:

Will we get an updated DMDext.ini file? 

DMDext.ini solution is replaced by this plugin solution and therefore uses the dmddevice.ini

43 minutes ago, marccy1138 said:

I've never used dmdext.ini, only dmddevice.ini and I back that sucker up in a separate folder every time I add a new table or change dmd positioning. I had to recreate one from scratch ONCE and I learned my lesson. will never do that again :)