New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

I have gone through 13 pages of this topic and i still have not figured out how to upgrade {install} this update

I have a 4 screen cab with lcd slim dmd, all tables 245, work great, just looking to get the dmd fsq working for STNG table to work!

Any help on installing this update would help.

I have downloaded both 

dmdext-v1.10.2-x64

dmdext-v1.10.2-x86

3/04/2023

11 minutes ago, barryodog said:

I have gone through 13 pages of this topic and i still have not figured out how to upgrade {install} this update

I have a 4 screen cab with lcd slim dmd, all tables 245, work great, just looking to get the dmd fsq working for STNG table to work!

I have downloaded both 

dmdext-v1.10.2-x64

dmdext-v1.10.2-x86

3/04/2023

neither of those will work. Only lucky1's combo will work. From the first page of this thread;

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20700&key=f1055173ac6347a105f5cf939831cfda

Unblock, unzip all EXCEPT dmddevice.ini to your vpinmame folder and let it overwrite all. 

17 minutes ago, barryodog said:

I have downloaded both 

dmdext-v1.10.2-x64

dmdext-v1.10.2-x86

3/04/2023

SEE- For NEW Pac Files   + PAL / VNI, Pal/fsq and  cRZ Files 
https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3370-attack-from-mars-colorization/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-42753

1 minute ago, Cliffy said:

neither of those will work. Only lucky1's combo will work. From the first page of this thread;

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20700&key=f1055173ac6347a105f5cf939831cfda 24.44 MB · 243 downloads

Unblock, unzip all EXCEPT dmddevice.ini to your vpinmame folder and let it overwrite all. 

Thanks just got done cloning, Will give a try👍

1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20700&key=f1055173ac6347a105f5cf939831cfda 24.44 MB · 243 downloads

Thanks worked like a charm😍

• Content Provider

Updated with the latest code changes from Zedrummer which fixes the Serum scaling issue.

Also fixed the issue with dmddevice.ini beeing overwritten.

File attached in the first post of this thread

• Content Provider

Confirmed also that the alias bug issue is fixed with the serum.dll.  NOTE  If you make an alias for a table you need to rename the cRZ colorization file to the same name as your alias folder.  Unlike other colorization formats you do have to rename the cRZ file if you are using a rom alias folder as that is expected per @zedrummer to keep multi-platform compatibility with the new colorization format.

To explain further

for example:

your alias is ss_15pup,ss_15

your altcolor folder would be ss_15pup

the altcolor file should be named  ss_15pup.cRZ

That is ONLY FOR THE new .cRZ format colorization files.

40 minutes ago, BurtMacklin said:

Confirmed also that the alias bug issue is fixed with the serum.dll.  NOTE  If you make an alias for a table you need to rename the cRZ colorization file to the same name as your alias folder.  Unlike other colorization formats you do have to rename the cRZ file if you are using a rom alias folder as that is expected per @zedrummer to keep multi-platform compatibility with the new colorization format.

To explain further

for example:

your alias is ss_15pup,ss_15

your altcolor folder would be ss_15pup

the altcolor file should be named  ss_15pup.cRZ

That is ONLY FOR THE new .cRZ format colorization files.

excellent info burtmacklin thanks!

• Content Provider

I want to thank you and Zedrummer for the combined effort to get a new plugin in place that works in perfect harmony with the pal/vni, pac and serum files. As extra insurance I will keep a copy of the dmddevice.ini since I got a real long list of setups in it, but soo far no problems with any of the games I tested and no overwritten files either