New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

I feel like I am missing a step or doing something wrong. 

I grabbed the latest zip, dropped it in the VPinMAME folder (all but the INI) and the serum CRZ stop working.  Restore the older files from March and it works again.

Running VPX 10.7.4.  Tried both x86 and x64.

Even grabbed the official freezy 2.1 and it wasn't not working.

Edited by iwantpinall

31 minutes ago, iwantpinall said:

I feel like I am missing a step or doing something wrong. 

I grabbed the latest zip, dropped it in the VPinMAME folder (all but the INI) and the serum CRZ stop working.  Restore the older files from March and it works again.

Running VPX 10.7.4.  Tried both x86 and x64.

Even grabbed the official freezy 2.1 and it wasn't not working.

You have to unzip the dmddevice.dll, dmddevice64.dll, dmdext.exe, pin2color.dll and pin2color64.dll into your vpinmame folder. rename your serum.dll and serum64.dll to serum.dll.hold and same for the 64bit.

7 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

You have to unzip the dmddevice.dll, dmddevice64.dll, dmdext.exe, pin2color.dll and pin2color64.dll into your vpinmame folder. rename your serum.dll and serum64.dll to serum.dll.hold and same for the 64bit.

I unzipped the new DLL/exe

I did not rename the serum files.

----------

EDIT --- Thanks  @Cliffy - renaming the serum DLLs did the trick.  Not sure when I'll actually see about getting FX3 working with altcolors, but I guess I'm ready.

Edited by iwantpinall

is it possible that this most recent release could break pupcapture based pup packs? I can use .pac files for coloring and it works but the pup packs dont work anymore. I remove the .pac and everything works again. of course the tron serum file works fine with its puppack, but the only table I have that is working with both a pup pack and a .pac is hook, and I believe it uses b2s  instead of pupcapture so it still works 

5 minutes ago, KiwiBri said:

hmm.. I just updated with the May 5th files, and now I see the .pal colorization files are not working...
The files from March worked well for all types,.

What could I be missing?

I just tested Apollo 13 using pal/vni and color is good and pup pack triggers fine.  What game is not working for you?

• Content Provider
23 minutes ago, KiwiBri said:

hmm.. I just updated with the May 5th files, and now I see the .pal colorization files are not working...
The files from March worked well for all types,.

What could I be missing?

Did you update dmddevice.dll dmddevice64.dll, pin2color.dll and pin2color64.dll ?

29 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Did you update dmddevice.dll dmddevice64.dll, pin2color.dll and pin2color64.dll ?

yes for the dmddevice.dll  demddevice64.dll and pin2color.dll.  

I will double check the pin2color64.dll.     I usually ignore the  64 version as I run x86 version of VPX. 

I will doublecheck pin2color64.dll

I also have to remove/rename the serum.dll correct?

7 minutes ago, KiwiBri said:

Metallica / ACDC.. 

Those are not pal/vni but rather SAM color patched roms with only a palette file in the altcolor folder. And you are correct. They are only showing 4 colors now. Uh oh! @lucky1 can you please have a look at what happened to sam color patched roms?

1 minute ago, Cliffy said:

Those are not pal/vni but rather SAM color patched roms with only a palette file in the altcolor folder. And you are correct. They are only showing 4 colors now. Uh oh! @lucky1 can you please have a look at what happened to sam color patched roms?

Right, you are correct, its the SAM patched roms showing 4 colors . I just tried Apollo 13 and it worked good (.pal/.vni) 
.pac and serum are working

btw - I extracted the 64 versions of the DLLs just incase as well, and I have renamed serum.dll to serum.dll.old 

12 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Just uploaded a new version

excellent. tested a couple sam patched roms (acdc, SMVE),  128x16 data east .pac, apollo 13 pal/vni, Tron .cRZ, batman forever 192x64 pal/vni. all work great and pups trigger. I did NOT test with "scale to HD" yet. Thanks for the fast fix Lucky

Not sure if it is just me,  but just testing latest version with the Tron serum colored file, but looks like some frames are used from the rom and not from the colored file.

See 

This is on my PinDMDv3
When capturing this, it is not so flashing, but you see that it is using the org frames and skip some colored frames (didn't had this with previous versions)

Tron.gif.df1161b84720806bd736afeab4336f16.gif

Edited by MikeDASpike

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, MikeDASpike said:

Not sure if it is just me,  but just testing latest version with the Tron serum colored file, but looks like some frames are used from the rom and not from the colored file.

Check out my latest update

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Check out my latest update

Do you ever sleep ??? 😁
Yes, that worked for me. Thanks for the quick fix

Edit : Tested a sam colored rom (AC/DC acd_170hc) and that doesn't give colors now.
Replacing with previous dmddevice.DLL shows colors

Edit 2: Also Pal/VNI and PAC  files won't show colors anymore with latest version

Edited by MikeDASpike

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, MikeDASpike said:

Do you ever sleep ??? 😁
Yes, that worked for me. Thanks for the quick fix

Edit : Tested a sam colored rom (AC/DC acd_170hc) and that doesn't give colors now.
Replacing with previous dmddevice.DLL shows colors

Edit 2: Also Pal/VNI and PAC  files won't show colors anymore with latest version

Did you update bot dmddevice.dll AND pin2color.dll 32 and 64bit ? I just checked it and it worked @Cliffy Could you confirm ?

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Did you update bot dmddevice.dll AND pin2color.dll 32 and 64bit ? I just checked it and it worked @Cliffy Could you confirm ?

Ok tested afm (pac) Tron (cRZ) acdc luci (sam patched) addams family (pal/vni) Flintstones (fsq realpin on vpin lcd)

All work perfectly, no dropped frames, all pups trigger.  Of course I'm running lcd not real dmd.

I ran vpx 10.7.4 x86 and 64 bit, vpinmame-sc 3.6 x86 and 64. all played as they should. 

41 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Ok tested afm (pac) Tron (cRZ) acdc luci (sam patched) addams family (pal/vni) Flintstones (fsq realpin on vpin lcd)

All work perfectly, no dropped frames, all pups trigger.  Of course I'm running lcd not real dmd.

I ran vpx 10.7.4 x86 and 64 bit, vpinmame-sc 3.6 x86 and 64. all played as they should. 

Hmmm ... need to recheck, but had al 4 dll's replaced (2x 32 and 2x 64bit). 

Checked with 10.7.4 32 bit and 10.8.0 rev 1010 64 bit.

Must be me doing something wrong

9 minutes ago, MikeDASpike said:

Hmmm ... need to recheck, but had al 4 dll's replaced (2x 32 and 2x 64bit). 

Checked with 10.7.4 32 bit and 10.8.0 rev 1010 64 bit.

Must be me doing something wrong

I know you're a pro but PERHAPS you accidently unzipped and overwrote your dmddevice.ini? Make sure colorize=true is up at the top

also, rename or delete and serum dlls in the vpinmame folder