New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

Hi.  

dmd-extensions_with_pin2color_and_serum_plugin-4.zip work ?

When I download the file dmd-extensions_with_pin2color_and_serum_plugin.zip, I can't unzip it, because it will only download a 1 byte file.

3 hours ago, joselito said:

Hi.  

dmd-extensions_with_pin2color_and_serum_plugin-4.zip work ?

When I download the file dmd-extensions_with_pin2color_and_serum_plugin.zip, I can't unzip it, because it will only download a 1 byte file.

Yes It would appear the file download in the 1st post as something wrong with it

Does the WindowPunch feature work with Lucky DLL's ?  I ask because I updated my b2s server from 2.0 to 2.02 and the DMD WindowPunch feature stopped working. Does the WindowPunch feature only work with Freezy's DMD or is this completely unrelated?  thanks!

Edited by Mr_Arcade

On 4/5/2023 at 12:38 AM, lucky1 said:

You have to use the build from Zedrummer with ZeDMD

Yep, I fixed it when I installed the new Freezy over the top of everything, presumably blowing out your forked DLLs, because PACs don't work anymore on the backglass.

So I have two choices, I either get to have VNI/PAL and SERUM work on my ZeDMD and backglass, and then PAC is broken, because of how you forked things and strongarmed people, or I can have PAC work with your fork on my backglass screen with everything else, and forget about ZeDMD working correctly.

Lemme tell you, if I'm being forced to pick a horse, that isn't a hard choice.

5 hours ago, Mr_Arcade said:

Does the WindowPunch feature work with Lucky DLL's ?  I ask because I updated my b2s server from 2.0 to 2.02 and the DMD WindowPunch feature stopped working. Does the WindowPunch feature only work with Freezy's DMD or is this completely unrelated?  thanks!

WindowPunch worked fine when I had the Lucky DLLs in place, and continues to work without them.

I have installed 32bit and 64bit.
I displayed alphanumeric characters with extended DMD.
On 64-bit it displays fine, but on 32-bit it crashes after startup, doesn't display at the size I set, and numbers don't have colors.
The tables I tried are Phantom Of The Opera (poto_a32) and King Kong (kiko_a10).
Phantom Of The Opera is automatically written with the name (poto) after there is a problem.
It also crashes just by having alphanumeric = true in a clean DmdDevice.ini.
DMD is displayed without any problem, and it also has color in pac files etc.
Is there something wrong with my installation?

Edited by emuoyaji

59 minutes ago, emuoyaji said:

I have installed 32bit and 64bit.
I displayed alphanumeric characters with extended DMD.
On 64-bit it displays fine, but on 32-bit it crashes after startup, doesn't display at the size I set, and numbers don't have colors.
The tables I tried are Phantom Of The Opera (poto_a32) and King Kong (kiko_a10).
Phantom Of The Opera is automatically written with the name (poto) after there is a problem.
It also crashes just by having alphanumeric = true in a clean DmdDevice.ini.
DMD is displayed without any problem, and it also has color in pac files etc.
Is there something wrong with my installation?

hmmm. They work for me ok.  I turn alphas on and off per game in my dmddevice.ini. Here is my POTO section

[poto]
alphanumeric enabled = true
virtualdmd enabled = false
alphanumeric pos.0.left = 0
alphanumeric pos.0.top = 0
alphanumeric pos.0.height = 94
alphanumeric pos.1.left = 1313
alphanumeric pos.1.top = 0
alphanumeric pos.1.height = 93

And here's Time Machine with a style;

[tmac_a24]
alphanumeric pos.1.left = 283
alphanumeric pos.1.height = 94
alphanumeric pos.2.left = 0
alphanumeric pos.2.top = 94
alphanumeric pos.2.height = 94
alphanumeric pos.3.left = 283
alphanumeric pos.3.top = 94
alphanumeric pos.3.height = 94
alphanumeric style = blue

1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

hmmm. They work for me ok.  I turn alphas on and off per game in my dmddevice.ini. Here is my POTO section

[poto]
alphanumeric pos.1.left = 1313
alphanumeric pos.1.height = 93

And here's Time Machine with a style;

[tmac_a24]
alphanumeric pos.1.left = 283
alphanumeric pos.1.height = 94
alphanumeric pos.2.left = 0
alphanumeric pos.2.top = 94
alphanumeric pos.2.height = 94
alphanumeric pos.3.left = 283
alphanumeric pos.3.top = 94
alphanumeric pos.3.height = 94

Rewriting to [poto] instead of [poto_a32] worked. thank you.
When I checked, the name of the script was also [poto].
But pinmame doesn't seem to have a romset named [poto] and I don't have a romset named [poto]. I think it used to work fine with [poto_a32].
i am confused.

1 hour ago, emuoyaji said:

Rewriting to [poto] instead of [poto_a32] worked. thank you.
When I checked, the name of the script was also [poto].
But pinmame doesn't seem to have a romset named [poto] and I don't have a romset named [poto]. I think it used to work fine with [poto_a32].
i am confused.

In the bigus 1.5 table the cgamename is poto_a32 but yes its strange that pinmame calls up poto_a32 (hit F1 to see this) yet its the poto in dmddevice.ini that is used. There is no alias in vpmalias.txt so it must be internal to pinmame. To test this I created a poto_a32 section in my dmddevice.ini with identical layout as poto but gave it a style at the bottom;

Ran the game and the style wasn't applied. I added the line to the poto section and indeed the displays showed blue per the style. So despite pinmame showing via F1 "poto_a32" it's in fact calling "poto"

edit: resolved.  Needed to copy ALL the DLL files over.

Hey thanks so much for your work on this.  Getting PAC to work on my FullDMD LCD is the main reason I found it but overall I just think it's time we be less afraid of new things including 64bit.

So I renamed my old DLL files and copied the 2 new ones over to VPINMAME, didn't touch anything else.  Now I see no DMD at all.  What did I mess up?  I assume both the config and INI files you should skip in the "install over Freezy" process so you don't lose settings, but obviously I a missing a step here in the process of replacing Freezy.  Help a moron out>?

Edited by bbddpp

• Content Provider
6 minutes ago, slydog43 said:

Is there going to be a new version since Freezy updated his dmddevice to 2.1 yesterday?

Sure ! The new version adds FX3 and Pinball Arcade colorization, which both do not use dmddevice.dll.

They both use dmdext.exe . I will add pac support to it soon.

Hi Lucky,

I have your files running in 64bit realm and all formats are working. Just want to mak sure I understand the new one. You will make a new set of files that will allow for the use of colorization for FX3 and will allow our .pac to still work were Freezy doesn't correct?

I want to wait for yours :) 

• Content Provider

Update 03.05.2023

- update to latest freezy codebase which adds coloring support for dmdext (e.g. pinballarcade and FX3) added by GyroJoe

- add support for Sega 192x64 pinballarcade tables like Frankenstein

- supports pac/vni/fsq/crz coloring for dmdext and dmddevice.dll

- fix 16 shade table rendering in dmdext when colorize option is set and no colorization found.

- minor bug fixes

File attached in the first post of this thread

msf.thumb.png.fa14e4c920a2a6714d4c6605f3173f70.png

4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Update 03.05.2023

- update to latest freezy codebase which adds coloring support for dmdext (e.g. pinballarcade and FX3) added by GyroJoe

- add support for Sega 192x64 pinballarcade tables like Frankenstein

- supports pac/vni/fsq/crz coloring for dmdext and dmddevice.dll

- fix 16 shade table rendering in dmdext when colorize option is set and no colorization found.

- minor bug fixes

File attached in the first post of this thread

msf.thumb.png.fa14e4c920a2a6714d4c6605f3173f70.png

thanks for all the hard work i did your new update as for today  but cant get Serum to work . (OK FIXED ) i removed the Serum.dll and Serum64.dll from the vpinmame folder and now its working.  now im having issues with PAC files and VNI/PAL.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 21-15-43.png

Edited by mellkul

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, mellkul said:

thanks for all the hard work i did your new update as for today  but cant get Serum to work . (OK FIXED ) i removed the Serum.dll and Serum64.dll from the vpinmame folder and now its working.  now im having issues with PAC files and VNI/PAL.

Turn of HD scaling for now. I will check.

12 hours ago, mellkul said:

I had the same output artifacting on my pindmd3… looked like the refresh rate was overdriven. 

13 hours ago, mellkul said:

Same here with PAL on my Virtual DMD.