This table was originally done by Herwey, and he gave me the permission to add all the latest physics, sounds, etc. to this fun table. Thank you very much, Herwey! On his version 1.1 he had help from several others including Schreibi, 32assassin, OldSkoolGamer, Cosmic80, Bord, Rosve, Batch, Vogliadicane, Flupper, Ninuzzu, Dark, DJRobX, and Thalamus.
I did quite a few updates in version 2.0 mentioned below (and detailed in the vpx script), essentially getting up to the latest VPW physics, lights, and sounds, and other corrections. This was the first table I put the 3D inserts in (Thanks to apophis for his tutorial, feedback, and advice!). Also thank you to all the testers on the VPW team for testing, feedback, and suggestions for improvement: nFozzy, apophis, Aubrel, Wylte, Rik, Rajo Joey, iaaki, BountyBob, rothbauerw, tomate, PinStratsDan, and Lumi!
Note: If you are playing in VR... you MUST select VR_Room = 1 in the script!!
There are several options to select in the script, including ball brightness, color mods, GI and Flasher options, VR Room, VR clock, VR posters, VR topper.
Sub mods and flippers can be changed by clicking the right and left magna save buttons. (You can turn that option off in the script as well)
IF YOU experience performance issues... there are options to change that. First of all, you can uncheck "Reflect Elements on Playfield in the table options window. Also, you can turn dynamic shadows off for additional performance if needed.
Version 2.0 Updates include:
- Implemented the table to a hybrid (desktop, cab, and VR), and has options for ball brightness.
- Added VR to include an animated backglass (image from Wildman), and several VR options (room, poster, clock, topper). (Thanks to Sixtoe's VR templates). Also animated all the flippers, plunger, etc.
- The table and flipper physics have been updated to the latest VPW standards, as well as dynamic shadows, drop targets, standup targets, ramprolling sounds, and several other tweaks.
- Fleep sounds added, as well as relay sounds.
- Added Flupper domes.
- Adjusted the flippers to be actual size, and tweaked the flipper physics.
- Added 3D insert primitives and tuned the lighting significantly for those. Lots of work on the playfield cutouts, and associated text layer.
- Changed lamp control to VPW Lampz.
- Corrected some errors in the table, including spinner movement, rebounder action, some ramp lift code, timing on saucer entry, and a few other things.
- Adjusted the lighting levels, and GI overhead.
- Tomate added new Bally Flipper primitives, wall textures, and fixed an issue with the ramp lift primitive... as it wasn't built correctly in blender.
- Enhanced performance as much as I could by removing all getballs calls and no longer destroy and recreate balls. I implemented only the gBOT global call.
- Updated the trough code to manage all balls on the table.
- Updated some images to implement see through holes in the apron and sub.
- Created new background for desktop mode, with animated lighting.
- Added updated center drain post dome from Bord's space shuttle (done by Rothbauerw).
- And so many other updates, all documented in the script.
Once again thank you to Herwey, nFozzy, apophis, Aubrel, Wylte, Rik, Rajo Joey, iaaki, BountyBob, rothbauerw, tomate, PinStratsDan, and Lumi for testing, and feedback!!