[New VP10 Alert] Game of Thrones LE (Stern 2015) VPW

Mini-bug: if I choose to spend my gold to "lit a house" it happened that a house got lit that I already had won, so no advantage...

Maybe its possible in an aupdate to choose "beginner layout" (lower the outposts)?

(I already cheated by moving the rubberposts zCol_Rubber_Peg001 and 024 some ticks down 😉

btw: cant stop playing - thanks for publishing at holidays, otherwise I would have lost my job for sure 😉

just happened on a new ball in a new game:

Starting script

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 11933
Index außerhalb des gültigen Bereichs: 'j'

scene.AddActor FlexDMD.NewLabel("hotk3",font,HotkAbility(j))

looked like maybe a counter did not reset on a new game?

Edited by makmak

VPX crashes (freezes without giving error) quite often after winning the fourth house 😞

Happy New Year to all of you and bags full of thanks to all of VPW-Team and genius buddies coworking to create such beautiful tables of 2022!!

Edited by makmak

congrats. really amazing work.

i'm having some problem for the blackglass that i like to share when finished.

i can't assign lights, i have the stern pdf and the lights id, but i have only static image.

i can see in the script that in "cgamenane......b2s is used for dof" but i can't understand if problem is there.

my backglass will have an extension for animated topper and it looks nice, but i need help to have lights working

any help?

The table's DMD is displaying.  However, it is monchrome (Orange).  I have FlexDMD installed and when I go into the FlexDMDUI it shows as everything is good/registered.  Any ideas what might be causing this?  My FlexDMD log is showing the following:

[18] 2023/01/05 02:14:14.857 ERROR | Failed to load dmdscreen.dll in C:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME\dmdscreen.dll 
[18] 2023/01/05 02:14:15.003 ERROR | Failed to load dmdscreen.dll in C:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME\dmdscreen.dll 
[20] 2023/01/05 02:14:15.003  WARN | Abnormally long elapsed time between frames of 0.1296164s (rendering lasted 129.6162ms, sleeping was 0ms), limiting to 66ms 
[18] 2023/01/05 02:14:15.135 ERROR | Failed to load dmdscreen.dll in C:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME\dmdscreen.dll 
[20] 2023/01/05 02:14:15.135  WARN | Abnormally long elapsed time between frames of 0.1177485s (rendering lasted 117.7482ms, sleeping was 0ms), limiting to 66ms .  

3 hours ago, CaptainYell0wJacket99 said:

The table's DMD is displaying.  However, it is monchrome (Orange).  I have FlexDMD installed and when I go into the FlexDMDUI it shows as everything is good/registered.  Any ideas what might be causing this?  My FlexDMD log is showing the following:

[18] 2023/01/05 02:14:14.857 ERROR | Failed to load dmdscreen.dll in C:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME\dmdscreen.dll 
[18] 2023/01/05 02:14:15.003 ERROR | Failed to load dmdscreen.dll in C:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME\dmdscreen.dll 
[20] 2023/01/05 02:14:15.003  WARN | Abnormally long elapsed time between frames of 0.1296164s (rendering lasted 129.6162ms, sleeping was 0ms), limiting to 66ms 
[18] 2023/01/05 02:14:15.135 ERROR | Failed to load dmdscreen.dll in C:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME\dmdscreen.dll 
[20] 2023/01/05 02:14:15.135  WARN | Abnormally long elapsed time between frames of 0.1177485s (rendering lasted 117.7482ms, sleeping was 0ms), limiting to 66ms .  

The error I've seen in someone else's logfile and I don't think really pertains... however, as it's a recreation in script of a physical table that shipped with a monochrome DMD, that's what VPW recreated. If you look in the DMD folder that was included, you'll find that the assets are monochrome, just black and white.

I am still having issues with the GOT DMD showing in monochrome (orange).  Where do I put the gameofthrones.FlexDMD folder?  Should it go in the Visual Pinball\Tables folder?  I see a similar folder called Leprechaun.UltraDMD in the Tables folder and when I run that table, the DMD is in color.  Not sure why GOT isn't looking like the images I've seen online?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, CaptainYell0wJacket99 said:

I am still having issues with the GOT DMD showing in monochrome (orange).  Where do I put the gameofthrones.FlexDMD folder?  Should it go in the Visual Pinball\Tables folder?  I see a similar folder called Leprechaun.UltraDMD in the Tables folder and when I run that table, the DMD is in color.  Not sure why GOT isn't looking like the images I've seen online?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yep, that's where it goes.  There are some color options, but all simple, not like a full colorization project.  What images are you referencing?

6 hours ago, CaptainYell0wJacket99 said:

So, I'm betting if you look into those Game of Thrones tables with the color in the DMD, they've installed an after-market commercial mod known as ColorDMD, which replaces the original monochrome DMD, and also colorizes the DMD stream it receives. It's a common enough mod for DMD pinball machines it's going to look like a factory option to those new to pinball, but it's not the way those DMD games came from the factory. And this is what VPW chose to replicate.

Here's a physical example of the machine, with the factory DMD on and displaying content.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=6309&picno=70184

Now, since a large number of the files are actually directly accessible, I can imagine it would be possible to actually colorize the files themselves, but that's a project for someone with the dedication to do it.

1 hour ago, LynnInDenver said:

So, I'm betting if you look into those Game of Thrones tables with the color in the DMD, they've installed an after-market commercial mod known as ColorDMD, which replaces the original monochrome DMD, and also colorizes the DMD stream it receives. It's a common enough mod for DMD pinball machines it's going to look like a factory option to those new to pinball, but it's not the way those DMD games came from the factory. And this is what VPW chose to replicate.

Here's a physical example of the machine, with the factory DMD on and displaying content.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=6309&picno=70184

Now, since a large number of the files are actually directly accessible, I can imagine it would be possible to actually colorize the files themselves, but that's a project for someone with the dedication to do it.

This is exactly correct. The image assets you see in the FlexDMD directory were extracted directly from the Stern ROM image. There were originally over 15,000 of them. Most were grouped together into animated GIFs, and some were manipulated to make their backgrounds transparent, but other than that, they're exactly as they were in the ROM - monochrome (16 shades of grey to be precise). Colourizing them would definitely be possible, but a huge task.

On 12/23/2022 at 4:46 PM, VPinWorkshop said:

Game of Thrones LE (Stern 2015) VPW

"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die"

Welcome to VPW's "Original" recreation of one of Stern's most complex machines.

This project started with Skillman wanting to learn VPX and playing around reverse engineering the Stern SPIKE ROMs. Thanks to the detailed Youtube series by ChuckWurt the complete ruleset was documented, allowing it to be implemented in VBScript for this release.

When the beta table was introduced to the VPW team they really took an interest in taking it to the next level, and what you see is the result of nearly a year of their work. 

This table requires VPX 10.7.2 and FlexDMD 1.8.

Controls:
 - Access the Options menu with left+right magnasave during Attract mode
 - Use Right Magnasave during gameplay as the Action button
 - From the Options menu, change cabinet mode, LUTs, and presence of a "real" lockbar button
 - Access the Stern Service Menu with the service buttons to adjust standard game settings

House VPW

=========

Project Leader : Skillman
Script/VPX : Skillman, Apophis, Oqqsan, Sixtoe, Daphishbowl
3D Rendering : Tomate, Niwak
Graphics : Skillman, Tomate, Astronasty, Oqqsan, Sixtoe
VR: Rawd, Leojreimroc, Sixtoe
Testing: VPW Team

I put both files in tables folder and got this error

20230107_105306.jpg

Not checked this in 1.0.2 yet, but not seeing it on the fix list (and perhaps it is supposed to be this way in the game logic), but once I get a castle that gets carried over in the bonus in subsequent games every ball until I reset VPX. Grateful for the extra points so no rush fixing it (if it is a bug) 😁

2 hours ago, Wylte said:

Update your VPX to the latest; LoadEM is a default inclusion in the Scripts folder.

Thankyou fpr the reply I got it running I had the new vpx but didn't overwrite 7.0 so it wasn't running 

On 1/7/2023 at 9:00 AM, jbaynham said:

Not checked this in 1.0.2 yet, but not seeing it on the fix list (and perhaps it is supposed to be this way in the game logic), but once I get a castle that gets carried over in the bonus in subsequent games every ball until I reset VPX. Grateful for the extra points so no rush fixing it (if it is a bug) 😁

Not a bug :). Except for basic bonus, most bonus categories are carried over ball to ball (swords, houses, castles, total gold (NOT current gold))

11 hours ago, skillman said:

Not a bug :). Except for basic bonus, most bonus categories are carried over ball to ball (swords, houses, castles, total gold (NOT current gold))

This isn't ball to ball, this is game to game until VP is reset. So, 7m x multiplier every ball in every game thereafter.

Edited by jbaynham
Clarification

Great work - super fun table, still trying to figure all the rules out! 🤣 I've played about 6-7 games and for the first time  just got an error which caused the table to crash. Is this something that I need to adjust on my end? Thanks!

Runtime error

Line 3954

Object required" 'actor'

Capture.thumb.PNG.bf89c9929cdcd2c037297768c20d4854.PNG