[New VP10 Alert] Game of Thrones LE (Stern 2015) VPW

22 hours ago, saecrow said:

Great work - super fun table, still trying to figure all the rules out! 🤣 I've played about 6-7 games and for the first time  just got an error which caused the table to crash. Is this something that I need to adjust on my end? Thanks!

Runtime error

Line 3954

Object required" 'actor'

Capture.thumb.PNG.bf89c9929cdcd2c037297768c20d4854.PNG

That error would happen if the line above it failed - i.e. it failed to load an image from disk. There are a few scenes that are done using a series of images, instead of an animated GIF, because FlexDMD doesn't support animated GIFs with transparency.  That said, the images _should_ all be there, so this was more likely a spurious error. 

On 1/13/2023 at 3:51 AM, jbaynham said:

This isn't ball to ball, this is game to game until VP is reset. So, 7m x multiplier every ball in every game thereafter.

LOL, yeah, that's a bug. Insert "CastlesCollected = 0" as line 8539, below "SwordsCollected = 0". I'll add it into the next bug release, but that may be awhile, as it is otherwise pretty stable now.

On 1/16/2023 at 4:51 PM, skillman said:

That error would happen if the line above it failed - i.e. it failed to load an image from disk. There are a few scenes that are done using a series of images, instead of an animated GIF, because FlexDMD doesn't support animated GIFs with transparency.  That said, the images _should_ all be there, so this was more likely a spurious error. 

Ok, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jammotron1 said:

Great Table, is there a VPX.6 Version for this coming anytime soon?

1 - Visual Pinball X (Standalone EXE) 10.7.3 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33262
2 - Visual PinMAME (Standalone DLL) 3.5 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11571
Here are New Rom's for 3.5 - https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3928-new-vp10-alert-super-mario-bros-gottlieb-1992/?do=findComment&comment=42960
3- B2S Backglass Server 1.4.1 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

On 12/29/2022 at 10:49 PM, outhere said:

Hi, I saw this post about the problem with de DMD not displayed..

It's the same for me , the DMD not displayed (I play on one monitor on my PC)

-> I have VPX 10.7.3

-> Flex DMD 1.8

-> B2S server 1.4.1

-> Visual PinMAME 3.5

-> The New pack of rom for 3.5

-> the file "gameofthrones.FlexDMD" is in the same file "Table"

-> The GOT table work perfectly, except this DMD display problem.....

(all other tables I have work perfectly with their own DMD)

If you have an idea to solve my problem it will great ;)

EDIT ->>>> found the problem (thanks @jbaynham) : In "DmdDevice.ini" at [virtualdmd]  by default it was "enabled = false", i have changed to [virtualdmd]
enabled = true , and I work now ! the DMD is displayed 🙂

If it can help

Edited by Tedcomun

• 1 month later...

Question on the ball in the game, seems very over saturated, bright etc. with hard edges.   Other tables have a ball where you can see the detail, identify the spin on the ball etc..  Can this be changed in the game?  I checked the Options menu etc.. and tried some different LUT choices.   I don't know enough about swapping out ball images or anything like that.  Any insight is much appreciated, LOVE the table!  Thanks

Screenshot 2023-03-01 154010.png

13 minutes ago, woodsy15 said:

Question on the ball in the game, seems very over saturated, bright etc. with hard edges.   Other tables have a ball where you can see the detail, identify the spin on the ball etc..  Can this be changed in the game?  I checked the Options menu etc.. and tried some different LUT choices.   I don't know enough about swapping out ball images or anything like that.  Any insight is much appreciated, LOVE the table!  Thanks

Screenshot 2023-03-01 154010.png

Followup - seems I had the Night>Day cycle slider way up!  With that turned down and playing around with the different LUT choices its looking pretty good now.  Thanks

On 12/27/2022 at 5:26 PM, jbaynham said:

In case anyone else has this issue post installation of 10.7.2, it was DmdDevice.ini in the VPinMame folder being overwritten, specifically setting enabled=false under the [virtualdmd] section.

Thank you!

hello, i have one question.

using this table with puppack i need to start it twice because at the firs start the pup-pack stays back the backglass

could you help me?

solved. cutted the backglass and inserted a new pup-overlay

Edited by bernillo

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, bernillo said:

hello, i have one question.

using this table with puppack i need to start it twice because at the firs start the pup-pack stays back the backglass

could you help me?

Probably better posted in the support thread for the pup pack, since the table wasn't built with it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I can not play this table. I have this error:

Starting script

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 13886

My line is:

Case 9
                scene.SetBounds 0,0-y,128,32+(2*y)  ' Create a large canvas for the image to scroll through
                With scene.GetImage("attract"&i&"img")
                    .SetAlignedPosition 0,y+32,FlexDMD_Align_TopLeft

It seems to look for attract#.img animation, but cannot find any attract image in .Flexdmd folder. I've downloaded last version 1.02

Is there a incomplete download files on zip? or should I look into another problem?

"Not enough Stackmemory", this just came up when I chose "collect 1 sword" in the mystery screen

image.thumb.png.cbb7bcc0fad02d0d4aa0bfc7f982d7a8.png

Edit: While Im in here, might I ask why this release isnt based on a normal publicly available rom like previous DMD tables and instead runs off a custom FlexDMD folder? Was it to make the settings menu possible or some other reason?

Edited by PoppSickle

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, PoppSickle said:

Edit: While Im in here, might I ask why this release isnt based on a normal publicly available rom like previous DMD tables and instead runs off a custom FlexDMD folder? Was it to make the settings menu possible or some other reason?

The Stern SPIKE system isn't emulated, so tables of that era (and newer) must be coded from scratch within VPX

Again, this time while in Battle for the Wall Multiball :( Guess I cant play this table, I used a fresh install this time. I dont know what to do. Im guessing this happens consistently when I reach the Replay Value, I got it set to extra Ball

image.thumb.png.4f19545193af12e8a6e87eafdb926545.png

Edited by PoppSickle

On 3/26/2023 at 5:59 PM, PoppSickle said:

Again, this time while in Battle for the Wall Multiball :( Guess I cant play this table, I used a fresh install this time. I dont know what to do. Im guessing this happens consistently when I reach the Replay Value, I got it set to extra Ball

image.thumb.png.4f19545193af12e8a6e87eafdb926545.png

Are you up to date
1 - Visual Pinball X (Standalone EXE) 10.7.3 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33262
2 - Visual PinMAME (Standalone DLL) 3.5 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11571
Here are New Rom's for 3.5 - https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3928-new-vp10-alert-super-mario-bros-gottlieb-1992/?do=findComment&comment=42960
3- B2S Backglass Server 2.0 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553date

9 hours ago, Wylte said:

@PoppSickle  do you have VPX updated to at least 10.7.2 and FlexDMD at least 1.8?  I believe the SetLightColor function was one that was added in that version.

9 hours ago, outhere said:

Yes all the programms were on these versions already. I coudnt find the B2S version number anywhere so I just installed the newest even tho Im a desktop user and dont really use backglasses.
Will test again, soon.

yes.png