[New VP10 Alert] Game of Thrones LE (Stern 2015) VPW

Game of Thrones LE (Stern 2015) VPW

"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die"

Welcome to VPW's "Original" recreation of one of Stern's most complex machines.

This project started with Skillman wanting to learn VPX and playing around reverse engineering the Stern SPIKE ROMs. Thanks to the detailed Youtube series by ChuckWurt the complete ruleset was documented, allowing it to be implemented in VBScript for this release.

When the beta table was introduced to the VPW team they really took an interest in taking it to the next level, and what you see is the result of nearly a year of their work. 

This table requires VPX 10.7.2 and FlexDMD 1.8.

Controls:
 - Access the Options menu with left+right magnasave during Attract mode
 - Use Right Magnasave during gameplay as the Action button
 - From the Options menu, change cabinet mode, LUTs, and presence of a "real" lockbar button
 - Access the Stern Service Menu with the service buttons to adjust standard game settings

House VPW

=========

Project Leader : Skillman
Script/VPX : Skillman, Apophis, Oqqsan, Sixtoe, Daphishbowl
3D Rendering : Tomate, Niwak
Graphics : Skillman, Tomate, Astronasty, Oqqsan, Sixtoe
VR: Rawd, Leojreimroc, Sixtoe
Testing: VPW Team

Is there a pup pack available anywhere for this table? I thought I saw one before somewhere, but am having trouble finding one. This is a table a pup pack is perfect for. With so much available footage, it's a better option in my opinion over the original background.

Thanks VPW Team - you folks rock it everytime!... real sorry to bug ya with my problems but I've been tinkering all day with no joy. Using 10.7.2 (even tried 10.7.3) but keep getting lighting issues - chunky unlit playfield sections. Tried the options menu (LUT, light levels, cab mode, etc), script options (ball shadows on/off), and vpx's interactive edit (light emissions over 7 mil?) - but still im at a loss. I got a fairly good gpu and literally everything else related to vpin works perfectly. I'd really like to rock this amazing table - please help!

Thanks, Jay

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, SpaceJunk420 said:

Thanks VPW Team - you folks rock it everytime!... real sorry to bug ya with my problems but I've been tinkering all day with no joy. Using 10.7.2 (even tried 10.7.3) but keep getting lighting issues - chunky unlit playfield sections. Tried the options menu (LUT, light levels, cab mode, etc), script options (ball shadows on/off), and vpx's interactive edit (light emissions over 7 mil?) - but still im at a loss. I got a fairly good gpu and literally everything else related to vpin works perfectly. I'd really like to rock this amazing table - please help!

Thanks, Jay

Couple possibilities: graphics card needs a driver update; OR if AMD, enable "Alternative Depth Buffer";  OR... you lost textures at some point, either by a corrupted download or by VPX memory overloading and throwing them out.  For that you'll have to re-download the file.

7 hours ago, Wylte said:

Couple possibilities: graphics card needs a driver update; OR if AMD, enable "Alternative Depth Buffer";  OR... you lost textures at some point, either by a corrupted download or by VPX memory overloading and throwing them out.  For that you'll have to re-download the file.

Thank you Wylte! Ya so, nvidia card was upto date so I re-downloaded the table, replaced it, and Merry F'in Xmas for me! Never in a million tinkerings or tweaks would have I thought to replace the vpx file - cuz it opened and played right?... The simplest soution is usually the correct one (feel like a total noob missing that), so you sir are an absolute certified genius! Thanks again bud, and happy holidays!

I updated VPX to 10.7.2 to have a go with this, and since then I am having DMD issues. I have checked my FlexDMD installation is at 1.8, which it is, and running the UI exe it says everything is registered correctly, but on the FlexDMD Designer tab, pressing F5 (or the button) does not open the FlexDMD window. In GOT, I don't see the DMD either. Looking at FlexDMD.log, I see this

[1] 2022/12/25 20:48:53.962  INFO | FlexDMD version 1.8.0.0 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:53.991  INFO | Game name set to gameofthrones 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:53.991  INFO | Table File defined to Game of Thrones LE (Stern 2015) VPW v1.0.1.vpx 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:53.991  INFO | SetProjectFolder .\gameofthrones.FlexDMD\ 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:54.000  INFO | Show DMD 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:54.000  INFO | Loaded dmddevice.dll from C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\dmddevice.dll to create a virtual DMD 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:55.154 ERROR | Failed to load dmdscreen.dll in C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\dmdscreen.dll 

I have looked at all the FlexDMD downloads, and I can't find dmdscreen.dll anywhere, or elsewhere on my system. Is this a red herring, or am I missing a file, and where would I find it?

TIA

Thank you for all your work. It's amazing.

I run in fss portrait mode. Is there a setting I'm missing to have the playfield and backglass show up...kind of like what is in the vr room, but rather just on my full single screen?

How can I get rid of the Attack and Flasher on left side of playfield?

Thank you.

Edited by bionictoothpick

On 12/25/2022 at 9:07 PM, jbaynham said:

I updated VPX to 10.7.2 to have a go with this, and since then I am having DMD issues. I have checked my FlexDMD installation is at 1.8, which it is, and running the UI exe it says everything is registered correctly, but on the FlexDMD Designer tab, pressing F5 (or the button) does not open the FlexDMD window. In GOT, I don't see the DMD either. Looking at FlexDMD.log, I see this

[1] 2022/12/25 20:48:53.962  INFO | FlexDMD version 1.8.0.0 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:53.991  INFO | Game name set to gameofthrones 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:53.991  INFO | Table File defined to Game of Thrones LE (Stern 2015) VPW v1.0.1.vpx 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:53.991  INFO | SetProjectFolder .\gameofthrones.FlexDMD\ 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:54.000  INFO | Show DMD 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:54.000  INFO | Loaded dmddevice.dll from C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\dmddevice.dll to create a virtual DMD 
 [1] 2022/12/25 20:48:55.154 ERROR | Failed to load dmdscreen.dll in C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\dmdscreen.dll 

I have looked at all the FlexDMD downloads, and I can't find dmdscreen.dll anywhere, or elsewhere on my system. Is this a red herring, or am I missing a file, and where would I find it?

TIA

In case anyone else has this issue post installation of 10.7.2, it was DmdDevice.ini in the VPinMame folder being overwritten, specifically setting enabled=false under the [virtualdmd] section.

20 hours ago, jbaynham said:

In case anyone else has this issue post installation of 10.7.2, it was DmdDevice.ini in the VPinMame folder being overwritten, specifically setting enabled=false under the [virtualdmd] section.

Super thanks for this lead. I had to do that and reinstall Freezy's 1.10.2 dlls.  All my Flex DMD stopped working. That fixed all of them.

I'd love to be able to play this one..

Desktop

FlexDMD

:::

Starting script

Compile error
-------------
Line: 165
Variable is undefined: 'RenderingMode'

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 313
Variable is undefined: 'LoadEM'

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 427
Variable is undefined: 'b2son'

Thoses are about same as another one I tried this morning...

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, massico88 said:

Desktop

FlexDMD

:::

Starting script

Compile error
-------------
Line: 165
Variable is undefined: 'RenderingMode'

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 313
Variable is undefined: 'LoadEM'

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 427
Variable is undefined: 'b2son'

Thoses are about same as another one I tried this morning...

You need to update VPX to at least 10.7.2 for this

5 hours ago, massico88 said:

Desktop

FlexDMD

1 - Visual Pinball X (Standalone EXE) 10.7.3 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33262
2 - Visual PinMAME (Standalone DLL) 3.5 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11571
New Rom's for 3.5 - https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3928-new-vp10-alert-super-mario-bros-gottlieb-1992/#comment-42959
3- B2S Backglass Server 1.4.1 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553
You may also need if you have Problems

On 12/24/2022 at 6:10 AM, Zuxiff said:

Is there a pup pack available anywhere for this table? I thought I saw one before somewhere, but am having trouble finding one. This is a table a pup pack is perfect for. With so much available footage, it's a better option in my opinion over the original background.

Thats for this one

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/7632-game-of-thrones/

Not a table related question but when launching the non-ROM tables like this via PinballX it's a bit hit and miss on which screen ends up in focus so you might end up with the VP Editor on top of the playfield (works fine if you launch direct from VP obviously)
I had the same issue with CactusCanyonContinued and I know I fixed that once upon a time, but I've completely forgotten how. (Maybe I did a sendkeys ALT+TAB on launch or something?)

Anyone have any advice?

Edited by grunger106