New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

• Content Provider
6 minutes ago, BurtMacklin said:

So basically will need to manually add these for each FX3 video pup pack?

Yes !  Unfortunatelly you loose the HD scaling feature for RGB24 frames with 128x32 content, which was the reason why I added the missing RGB24 scaler. Maybe there will be a way to bypass the scaling for pinup while still getting the scaled image output to the screen in a future release. For now that is the way to make it work.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Yes !  Unfortunatelly you loose the HD scaling feature for RGB24 frames with 128x32 content, which was the reason why I added the missing RGB24 scaler. Maybe there will be a way to bypass the scaling for pinup while still getting the scaled image output to the screen in a future release. For now that is the way to make it work.

Ok I added the following to my dmddevice.ini for anyone else that wants the info, I think I got all of the FX3 video pup packs, if I missed one let me know

[PINUP\Aliens]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\Alien_vs_Predator]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\BETHESDA_Doom]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\UNIVERSAL_Jurassic_World]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\WMS_No_Good_Gofers]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\MARVEL_Deadpool]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\Archer]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\WMS_Getaway]
scaletohd = false

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, outhere said:

@lucky1
If I use the files from here - https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/7504-new-version-dmd-extensions-with-pin2dmd-coloring-plugin-and-pac-file-support/
The pin2DMD and LCD DMD work

-

If I use the latest files from here
The LCD DMD does not work - https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/integration/pinmame

In my Github Repo there is a dmddevice.dll which only works with a real pin2dmd and a pin2color.dll which , until the code changes made it into the official Freezy repo, can only be used together with the Freezy dmddevice.dll from the first post here. To not start another GPL licensing discussion I do not distribute them together on my github. This is all written in the README.MD. If you tried to combine these two, you misunderstood or did not read the README.MD provided with the files.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, BurtMacklin said:

Ok I added the following to my dmddevice.ini for anyone else that wants the info, I think I got all of the FX3 video pup packs, if I missed one let me know

[PINUP\Aliens]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\Alien_vs_Predator]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\BETHESDA_Doom]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\UNIVERSAL_Jurassic_World]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\WMS_No_Good_Gofers]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\MARVEL_Deadpool]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\Archer]
scaletohd = false

[PINUP\WMS_Getaway]
scaletohd = false

Thanks for that ! Back to status everything is working fine 😀

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, okerra said:

Hello lucky, I wanted to ask you a question regarding this device and what would be the recommended dlls configuration for it since with all the recent changes I'm a bit lost, thanks for the good support you give

Since your question is not specific to this topic, but more general for your hardware, please open a new thread instead of hitchhiking this thread.

It will make it easier for other people with similar problems to find the solution.

I put it here thinking it was the right place as I didn't know how to proceed with this version of DLLs, if I should only put the dmdevice.dll from GitHub or you're from vpuniverse, sorry if it wasn't the right place, query deleted

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, okerra said:

I put it here thinking it was the right place as I didn't know how to proceed with this version of DLLs, if I should only put the dmdevice.dll from GitHub or you're from vpuniverse, sorry if it wasn't the right place, query deleted

Both should work with your device and the latest firmware on it. If you want to have freezy specific features like PUP etc you need to use the DLL from this thread, if you just want color with vpinmame you can take my DLL. So your choice is like before Freezy or PIN2DMD dmddevice.dll

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 8:06 AM, lucky1 said:

Both should work with your device and the latest firmware on it. If you want to have freezy specific features like PUP etc you need to use the DLL from this thread, if you just want color with vpinmame you can take my DLL. So your choice is like before Freezy or PIN2DMD dmddevice.dll

Hi Lucky, I have an issue. When I open Pinmame and click on test, the .pac file works and it shows me the colored DMD, however when I open the table on VPX it only shows the four color DMD. What do you think I may be doing wrong?

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, rrobles0720 said:

Hi Lucky, I have an issue. When I open Pinmame and click on test, the .pac file works and it shows me the colored DMD, however when I open the table on VPX it only shows the four color DMD. What do you think I may be doing wrong?

I think the table uses a different ROM version. Check the VPX Scipt.

Hey guys, one issue I ran into was with Start Trek 25th Anniversary.  With the new dmddevice.dll from this thread, the vertical position of the dmd seems to be different so it is getting cut off.  When I switch to the old dll, it works fine.  I attached a screenshot using the virtualdmd to demonstrate the difference.

trek_201.png

13 hours ago, doogie2301 said:

Hey guys, one issue I ran into was with Start Trek 25th Anniversary.  With the new dmddevice.dll from this thread, the vertical position of the dmd seems to be different so it is getting cut off.  When I switch to the old dll, it works fine.  I attached a screenshot using the virtualdmd to demonstrate the difference.

trek_201.png

3 Screen + Real Pin2DMD setup
Yes it is doing the same thing for me on my LCD and real pin2DMD
if I use lucky1's DmdDevice.dll file it works fine on my pin2DMD
if I use freezy 10.2 LCD and real pin2DMD works fine

• Content Provider

I could reproduce the problem and will fix it in the next version.
As a workaround just delete the pal file from your altcolor/trek_201 folder and set the colors in the pinmame options to 

100% 0,128,255 (light blue)

66% 255,128,0 (orange)

33% 255,255,128 (yellow)

0% 0,0,0 (black)

42 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

I could reproduce the problem and will fix it in the next version.
As a workaround just delete the pal file from your altcolor/trek_201 folder and set the colors in the pinmame options to 

100% 0,128,255 (light blue)

66% 255,128,0 (yellow)

33% 255,255,128 (orange)

0% 0,0,0 (black)

Thanks lucky1. Swap yellow and orange though. the rgb for 66% is actually orange and the 33% is yellow :) 

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

Thanks lucky1. Swap yellow and orange though. the rgb for 66% is actually orange and the 33% is yellow :) 

Thanks ! Corrected in my post above.

very nice work , having one problem with the TMNT pup  when adding the new lucky files and  pac  files  the DMDtext video callouts are not triggering, but when i switch back to frezzy 10.2 and pal   files it works again 

Edited by mellkul

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, mellkul said:

very nice work , having one problem with the TMNT pup  when adding the new lucky files and  pac  files  the DMDtext video callouts are not triggering, but when i switch back to frezzy 10.2 and pal   files it works again 

Please check the version I just uploaded

38 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Please check the version I just uploaded

hey lucky1  tried the new  version same issue going on dont know if anyone ells is having the same issue, forgot to mention this is for virtual dmd dont know if that matter just thought id mention it. 

Edited by mellkul

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, mellkul said:

hey lucky1  tried the new  version same issue going on dont know if anyone ells is having the same issue, forgot to mention this is for virtual dmd dont know if that matter just thought id mention it. 

Do you have HD scaling active ?

Please try the version I just uploaded.

23 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Do you have HD scaling active ?

Please try the version I just uploaded.

- i went into devicedmd.ini and changed this  from true to false and seem to work, but the callouts are gone as quick as they come on 

; always scale standard vpm frames to 256x64
; note: see readme.md for details
scaletohd = false

going to try what you just uploaded now