New Stuff Coming Soon!

zebulon

It slides onto the bushing that is cast into the shooter bracket (it's a fairly tight fit to begin with) and there will be a hose clamp that you tighten to clamp it in place. Whether the backing plate is there or not doesn't matter but I plan on providing one with every kit that includes the shooter mech as a matter of course.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very soon Vulbas, very soon.... :D

This is probably the last update before my plane to Belize departs...er,..... before I start shipping,...... yeah that's it,...... before I start shipping.... :D

Actually, this is the last update before I start shipping.

Gentlemen (and the odd Ladies that pass by here), we have a functional plunger!

I managed to find a plastic that will work for the housing without breaking the bank....

post-27-0-17684700-1407279661_thumb.jpgpost-27-0-34665500-1407279672_thumb.jpgpost-27-0-35457300-1407279680_thumb.jpg

so the final assembly (minus the glue and adding the stylish electrical tape)....

post-27-0-09776800-1407279740_thumb.jpgpost-27-0-51225300-1407279747_thumb.jpg

I'll source out a jazzier clamp for the backend and I have some chrome finish vinyl that is coming to wrap the whole unit in before shipping.

The entire unit just pushes on to the plunger and the clamp more than holds the assembly in place.

I've changed out the connector cable for the unit to a usb B (printer) cable so that we have complete shielding to eliminate any interference issues that people may have experienced otherwise and it just makes for a cleaner installation in my opinion.

Why would you need an adapter? The plunger plugs into the printer.... :huh::D

The plunger plugs into the controller box that houses the nudge and breaks out the cables for the cabinet buttons. I've put the corresponding connector on the controller so that it's just a single cable to connect the plunger to the box. I wanted to use shielded cable for it and it just made sense to use usb cabling. No need for any adapters or extra stuff.

LOL...it's all good. It makes sense to me because I can see all of the parts here. It'll be the same for you when you get it.

I had to order in a revision to the pcbs to accomodate the new connector so I'm back to waiting on that final part but I plan on running off the housings and slides in the next couple of days and getting the plunger assemblies completed by Tuesday.  After that I'll tackle the milling of the controller housings and the assembly of the sensor assemblies while I wait for the new pcbs to arrive.  Once the pcbs arrive I can do the final assembly and begin shipping them out.

Between these and the regular backlog of orders I'll be pretty busy over the next couple of weeks so please bear with me.

Thanks for the patience and support everyone!

Yeah, who new?

......of course everyone likes a silver bullet.... :rolleyes:

Just noticed the number of hits the thread has gotten, it's gratifying to see that there's an interest in it after so many hours/days/weeks/months of time and the money that I've invested into it. 

I agonized over the whole idea of even getting into this project for so many different reasons before even starting down this path in a serious way.

Nah, I have a buddy down under that seems to know what buttons to push to kick me into gear on things like this.  He deserves the lion's share of the credit on this.

Kinda spooky seing as we've never met in person... :lol:

Nah, I have a buddy down under that seems to know what buttons to push to kick me into gear on things like this.  He deserves the lion's share of the credit on this.

Kinda spooky seing as we've never met in person... :lol:

God help the local pub if we ever do....  :P

Oh wait....you did mean me didn't you ??  :D

Well great to read. This after i haven't done anything new with my cab for quit a while.

There are lot's of new tables and new software but this is really a nice hardware upgrade.

Hope to see it going in production soon because my nanotech is lying somewhere in the basement and had to say to people playing the cab that they must use the butto under the plunger.

That will change then and finally a nudge solution i will going to save money for it and will keep reading this topic.

The circuit boards arrived this week and currently I have the control boxes completed and the parts milled for the mechanical assembies. If Canada Post would get their act together and get the balance of my deliveries to me (some of the orders were shipped out over a month ago) I'd be where I wanted to be 2 weeks ago and be shipping out already.

Sorry for the delay but I'm at the mercy of the postal system at the moment. As sson as the last of the parts arrive I'll be finishing the assembly and shipping out the plungers.

Haven't disappeared on you guys, still waiting for a couple of packages to be released by customs (they've had them since the 7th of August).

After a completely disheartening discussion by phone with USPS, CanadaPost and Canadian Border Protection Services (because Canada Customs would be too easy to remember) I've come to the conclusion that the next terrorist attack must be being expected to take place by tying us to chairs with 6" wide rolls of chrome coloured vinyl from the US and beating us to death with usb B printer cables from China.

Jeezus.......

• 2 weeks later...

Finally received the vinyl I ordered.

Amazingly it showed up today in a mailing tube covered with black carbon dust, a stamp that said "undeliverable mail" and the end torn open and sealed with a plastic bag from CanadaPost that said "Dear Customer, unfortunately we received  your parcel in damaged/open condition....blah, blah, blah".....funy how it sat in customs on the online tracking system for 3 weeks and finally started moving again 2 days after I called all over the place.

Anyhoo.....the important thing is that it is here and I'll be wrapping the plungers and getting them out over the next few days.....:)

Thanks again for being so patient through all of this.

Archived