New Stuff Coming Soon!

zebulon

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured you knew but also wanted those who read this thread understand it's not a one number fits all. I am sure you know this already dazz but for Physmod I think the nudge settings have to be just a fraction of what they are for standard vp9.9.0. Not sure but something like 1/10?

Ha! You know what's funny...

I can actually use plunger for first time it works Everytime. Zeb as you know I think things should work as they are designed to and let me tell ya what I had for a plunger before was soooo frustrating you grab it and stupid thing was dead! So I got so used to using the button I try using a button on my real pins instead of the real plunger! So funny! Thanks again zeb for doing this as at least for me the plunger was the biggest issue in my build and yours is super smooth thanks again!

Loafer sucks

Zeb you have out done yourself this time. It was a breeze to install in the cab. I did need the drivers for my Win7. After that it work like a charm and kept its cal after power down

I still have to tweak my nudge settings though. I'll report back after having some 'me' time.

So you just unboxed something code named CDOD and you now need some me time????

Just remember when you're done that it is supposed to go in the cab.... :rolleyes:

Great to hear that it works out of the box for you.

Once everyone has had some time to play, if you could post your nudge settings over in the thread at zebsboards.com it would be great.

I'll be looking at the general trend in order to figure out which way to adjust the sensitivity if necessary.

Once I'm confident that it is trouble free it will be available.  I really don't want to have to revisit the ones out there after they are sold.

Had some time to work on the code for a bit tonight and came up with an additional feature....

As a palm smash it's pretty slow, there's a delay in there to keep it from bouncing. I'll try to refine the timing some more over the next few days but as of now I'm on the way to removing the need for a launch button.... :)

• Content Provider

No, it wouldn't work with your frankenplunger. You need more of a standard plunger for it.

Thanks Dazz. Had a feeling, but I had to ask.

The plunger is an original woodrail one, but the springs and switches are out of my parts bin.

I'd put it on the floor myself Neo but whatever you choose should be fine.

I took a look at the nudging and found that there indeed is a flaw in the auto calibration routine. The accelerometers that I'm using must have a self test routine built in because when I looked at the serial output of the raw data I found that the snapshot reading I was using to base the centering on was actually 130 counts off of the real time reading of the sensor at rest.

Needless to say, I tore down the code that I was using, burned it and buried it. I spent last night and today rewriting the nudging subroutines from scratch and now have something that gives me a centering reading that is dead on with the real time readings so the auto centering is spot on now.  As well, I've rewritten the nudging subroutines to include a 5 count dead zone to buffer a bit against shaker motor vibration and such and hold the position dead on center at 127 x 127 unless the dead zone is exceeded.

Using the accelerometer test table and the plunger test table I've found the unit operates well with the gain set to 100% and the dead zone set to 3-5% in the vp settings page.

I'll be putting up the required software files and instructions in the thread on my site and I will be emailing the code sketches to everyone for the upgrade.

Archived