New Stuff Coming Soon!

zebulon

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parts should start arriving this week so that I can do the final assembly. While I've been waiting, I've been working out some bugs and making some improvements to the code.

A quick peek at the revision notes....

Pinball input control software written and developed by Maxx (Ben Smith) and Zeb (Steve Ridgley)
  Encoder and smoothing routines written by ElNino (Andrew Huxtable)

http://www.zebsboards.com

******************************************************************************************************************************************* 
  *   Tested on very little with high possibility that it may work under Visual Pinball, PinMame and Future Pinball    *
  *   Written and developed under the infulence; specifically beer.                                                                           *
  *   Recompling is unnecessary for making it work.. compiles everytime....doesn't mean it works.                          *
  ********************************************************************************************************************************************

Rev _ Beta Release

Revisions to beta release software include:

- Removal of Hat switch display in control panel
- Implementation of new auto calibration subroutine (WinXP and Win7 compatability)
- Implementation of split axis scaling between x/y (0-255) and z/rz (0-127) axes
- Implementation of inverse output on rz scale
- Implementation of 4 joybutton inputs
- Tweaks to existing sub routines for increased performance
- Washing the laundry, putting the dishes out and folding the cat

• Content Provider

Cool.  Looking forward to working on the hardware part of my cab for a change. Still have some finishing touches to do and this will motivate me.  I didn't know this will do laundry too.

So is the controller at the limit of its inputs?  I could always use a few more inputs :)  I currently use 11 inputs so I am covered by this solution but I was considering adding the door and service buttons.

Cool.  Looking forward to working on the hardware part of my cab for a change. Still have some finishing touches to do and this will motivate me.  I didn't know this will do laundry too.

So is the controller at the limit of its inputs?  I could always use a few more inputs :)  I currently use 11 inputs so I am covered by this solution but I was considering adding the door and service buttons.

At this point the controller is maxxed out on pins. I'm considering expanding the number to give more button inputs that can be assigned by the end user in the game software config but for now I want to get these out and tested to make sure that we're on the right track.

Zeb you forgot taking out the empties, buying more beer and stocking up on the goats blood chicken feathers...

Yeah, that coding voodoo really did me in this week, probably could have built a nuclear reactor quicker and more easily than figure that nonsense out.  Kudos to those that can do that stuff with ease, for me it's like thinking in reverse and walking forwards at the same time.  Right now I'm still scrubbing off the chalk circles and scraping the candle wax from the floor.

Please don't make me do that again....:D

• Content Provider

At this point the controller is maxxed out on pins. I'm considering expanding the number to give more button inputs that can be assigned by the end user in the game software config but for now I want to get these out and tested to make sure that we're on the right track.

Yeah, that coding voodoo really did me in this week, probably could have built a nuclear reactor quicker and more easily than figure that nonsense out.  Kudos to those that can do that stuff with ease, for me it's like thinking in reverse and walking forwards at the same time.  Right now I'm still scrubbing off the chalk circles and scraping the candle wax from the floor.

Please don't make me do that again.... :D

What about using hotkeys, set up one button as a function key that will modify the input of another key?

While I have nothing nearly as exciting as randr has to post... :)

Spending my time revising the plunger housing while I wait for the ordered parts to arrive to get all of your plungers out to you.

Did some of the aforementioned recoding....

post-27-0-61534700-1406753901_thumb.pngpost-27-0-22887800-1406753904_thumb.pngpost-27-0-88663600-1406753910_thumb.png

....and totally revised the housing. I present to you the new housing code named CDoD (Chromium Dildo of Doom)......

post-27-0-63613200-1406753989_thumb.jpg

Still have to refine the sensor block design but the delivery version of the plunger will be a more finished version of the prototype.

As the housing is now a 1" tube there is all kinds of room around the flipper switch. You can't tell from the pic but the sensor block is actually 1/2" away from the side of the cab, not mounted to it. 

Refined it even further today. It's now down to an outside dimension of 7/8" and using the layout for the initial design, the sensor housing can be slung underneath (ignore the ghetto mock up appearance... :D).

post-27-0-79114000-1406825316_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-03842900-1406825320_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-01161400-1406825324_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-12890300-1406825336_thumb.png

post-27-0-39800200-1406825347_thumb.png

post-27-0-51120400-1406825351_thumb.png

Hi Zeb,

Happy to see you return to business ... :D

I'm interested too by one piece of your CDoD (and NO !!! it's not for my pretty wife !!! :lol: )

I wait after first returns of beta tests and i'll place an order it'll be OK !!!

Thx for your hard and always excellent works !!!

Archived