New Stuff Coming Soon!

zebulon

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Plunger installed in pincab.  Installed the driver that was posted here earlier.

Install feedback:

I removed the vinyl film that was tucked into the plunger where it seats against the plunger bracket, It was hard to get the spring retainer clip past it and also could not get it onto the plunger base, until it was removed.

Plunger feature is working, but the plunger is sometimes getting stuck when you pull it back after about 1" of travel.  When I first installed it, it would happen about 1 in 5 times.  Now, maybe 1 in 30-40 tries.

You might want to post the instructions in pdf format for easier access.  I don't have word installed on my pincab.

I will try the analog nudge today with the updated firmware, this is new to me, so can you post or link the test table to calibrate the nudge.

• Content Provider

No luck programming the Arduino.  Tried on 2 pcs

I select the HEX file,"Beta_Release_Revised_Nudge.cpp.hex", Select "Arduino Leonardo".  Leave the clock at 16MHz.  Click on COM18 (which is the PinCab controller).   The log output shows "Forcing reset at 1200bps open/close on COM18... no new port found" and then eventually "Uploading not successful (Error code: -1)"

Any tips?

• Content Provider

Hi Neohusky, I just saw your post.  Not at home, but this is probably a table issue - open the table and select the plunger object (one way to do this is:  Open table, click on Edit->Select Element, scroll and select Plunger and click OK.  In the Options on the right, check the box that says "Enable mechanical plunger".

Update on my older posts- 

- Plunger fixed: no longer sticking

- Firmware updated with new instructions on Zebs website

And another new toy coming out.....

post-27-0-34229700-1411506492_thumb.jpg

PacLED64 Booster board

48 optocoupled outputs onboard

- 4 ports capable of 1A each 

- 38 ports capable of 3A each

- 6 ports capable of 6A each (diode protected)

onboard diode protection for 10 contactors

onboard speed control for shaker motor

onboard booster for 32v knocker

onboard regulation to fixed 24v

16 pin header for flasher led/strobe output (mates with new resistor board)

16 pin header for expansion through a barebones booster

PacLED module plugs directly into the board.

• Content Provider

that's a huge companion to the configtool and all possibilities, like more and more pmw colors that will not flicker anymore with pacled, 10 contactors, possibility to split the flashers to +10  leds, awesome :)

And another new toy coming out.....

attachicon.gifpacled64.jpg

PacLED64 Booster board

48 optocoupled outputs onboard

- 4 ports capable of 1A each 

- 38 ports capable of 3A each

- 6 ports capable of 6A each (diode protected)

onboard diode protection for 10 contactors

onboard speed control for shaker motor

onboard booster for 32v knocker

onboard regulation to fixed 24v

16 pin header for flasher led/strobe output (mates with new resistor board)

16 pin header for expansion through a barebones booster

PacLED module plugs directly into the board.

Aww, you beat me to the announce lol. I have one of these on the bench too.

Zebulon - I've been using the unit for about a week now and have nothing bad to report yet.  The plunger works reliably and consistantly.  I do notice that tracking isn't 100% with the plunger, what I mean by that is if you pull the plunger out quickly, the video plunger lags behind a bit.  I don't think it's an issue, as it's the same everytime.

I'm posting this here because I can't access your website from my office (blocked by the proxy)

Thanks Peabo.

Yeah, synchronizing with vp is near impossible as there are so many different scripts and iterations of those scripts in use by the different table authors. Unfortunately, to tailor it specifically to vp would mean losing the cross compatibility with other pinball simulators like FP, PBFX, etc.

In the control panel for the gamepad device (plunger) you can see that the z axis and zrot axis move in a smooth and linear response to the physical movement of the plunger. Sadly, once the script in vp grabs on to it it gets thrown out the window. GTXJoe and I spent some time analyzing what is going on in the newest plunger script and the best that we can come up with is that in allowing for a rebound on the screen of the plunger after a ball release, the algorithm that is used creates a wonky offset to the actual values used to choose the frames to display (everything is being calculated based to a value of .166666666666 rather than 0 so rather than absolute values you have integer values that float all over the place).

On older versions of vp, the plunger movement is more in sync with the physical plunger movement but the rebound at the end of travel doesn't exist.

On the hardware side of the equation, being that the plunger is an encoder, it needs an initial movement for self calibration once the script is in use. I'm not sure what is going on there yet as I haven't had any time to delve back into it, but when the script starts and the ball is 1st sent to the shooter lane, the ball will bounce on the 1st draw back of the plunger, but doesn't on subsequent pulls.  Once again, this is based on the newest plunger script and doesn't happen in the previous versions.

I'm hoping to get a chance to look into this further in the near future and perhaps I'll even be able to tap Rascal and others that understand this stuff far more than I do for some of the magical info and chants that they use to better understand the how and why of the code....:)

Archived