New Stuff Coming Soon!

zebulon

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Guys,

I wish I could take all of the credit but it's been a collaborative effort between myself, maxsinner and elnino. Using a little bit of everyone's input on this one....:)

It's been a long haul haul as well, about 4 major changes throughout its development and umpteen million revisions.

It's not coming out until I can guarantee rock solid stability.

It's based on a really super simple principle of measuring through a photoresistor the change in the ambient light transmitted through a proprietary indicator solution while introducing a catalyst into the solution to affect a change in stasis.

Wildman would be familiar with it in principle...it's called a breathalyzer... :D

The trouble is getting the radioactive isotope to stay on the tip of the plunger...I'm thinking that a lick and stick method might be best.

B)

just paste the actual youtube url ....it does it automatically 

Is this the same thing zeb is showing us? This is crazy, very cool

This was one of the original designs.... and it has gone waaaaay past that now :)

how does it tear off? You also don't need contact with it, I am going to put a thin wall between it and the magnet

For a one off for a personal machine they're great. The problem I had was in trying to make them "rough service" enough that I could ship them and not be replacing them under warranty due to breakage. Also, at $30 per piece, they wouldn't be very economical by the time it was assembled and shipped. I have absolutely nothing against using them in this application, we just decided to go in another direction.

• Content Provider

Cool thanks. I just have this hooked up to a ps3 sixaxis controller, build in nudge and I can use it as the input controller as well so it turned out pretty handy. I do have doubts about durability, I guess we'll see. I'm really interested in seeing your final product, it sounds like you've got a lot of R&D into it so it should be top notch!

As long as you fasten the ribbon with the connector down and out of the path of the magnet you'll be fine. You'll find that if you overshoot the end it will behave just like an actual plunger.

Yeah, this one has been in development for a considerable amount of time and money now.

LOL...maxx came through tonight with the descriptors for the code and they look like they'll work out just fine so it's heading to final beta tomorrow.  Already started running the housing parts off on the cnc as I'm trying to keep as much of the assemblies in house as possible.

Trying to keep my excitement under control but it's looking like this one's going to be a go!

Archived