• Content Provider

Solar Fire (Williams 1981) w VR Room

Originally done by mfuegemann, and then version 102a released by:Goldchicco & 32assassin.  Thank you to Goldchicco for giving me permission to update this table! Also thank you to Apophis, Wylte, Smaug, and PinstratsDan for testing and feedback!

This is a lower production 80s Williams table, but LOTs of fun to play.  There is a lot to do on this table with all the targets to hit to enable other functions.  You'll find similarities to Black Knight, Grand Lizard, and other tables of that era.  This table significantly utilizes magnasaves to keep your ball from going into the outlanes.  (see the rulesheet I typed up in the table info section for how to enable that and more).  

Updates in Version 2.0 done by UnclePaulie.  Added VR, Desktop, and cab hybrid modes.  Updated physics, drop targets, flippers, dynamic shadows, and lots of other updates to the VPW standards.  Also added 3D inserts, updated lighting, the latest VPW physics, sounds, sling corrections and GI brightness and fading routines. Some other various fixes done, including a lot of work on the solar gun operation. I also updated the desktop backglass as well as the VR backglass and other VR options. There are also some performance improvements, and  I added a playfield mesh for upper and lower playfields, so there's a realistic bevel in the saucers.

There are several options in the script.  Including VR, ball brightness, and LUT lighting options.  Since this table heavily relies on the usage of the magnasave buttons, the LUT changes are done by holding cntl (or left mangasave) and then while holding, scroll through the options with the right magnasave.

This is a hybrid table, and it will automatically choose between desktop and cabinet, however, if you are playing in VR, you MUST change VR_Room to 1 in the script.   Additional options in the script include two VR environments, a VR clock, and settings for dynamic shadows if you experience a performance hit,

Thanks to everyone that helped!

• 1 month later...