New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Redwings13 said:

If I use freezys .dll files all my color dmds .pal/vni, .pac, .cRZ work except for bugs, diner and bad cats, those 3 lag so much I can’t use them.

If I use Luckys .dll bugs, diner and bad cats work perfectly fine, but some .cRZ’s become black and white and others are still good colors. It’s just puzzling why some .cRZ work and others don’t while using Lucky’s.  All other formats .pac, .pal/.vni work. Using Lucky’s

I’m Using a pindmdv3

Have you tried putting the latest serum.dll next to my dmddevice.dll ?

The latest version can be found here https://github.com/zesinger/libserum/releases

1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

It? Which are black and white for you?

Tron, Avatar, Stargate, Doctor Who, Champion Pub, Guns n Roses, Elvis, Cue Ball Wizard are all black and white using Lucky’s .dll

They are all color using Freezy’s

7 minutes ago, Redwings13 said:

Tron, Avatar, Stargate, Doctor Who, Champion Pub, Guns n Roses, Elvis, Cue Ball Wizard are all black and white using Lucky’s .dll

They are all color using Freezy’s

I see you're using a real dmd? All those have full color for me on lcd vpin with luckys

13 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

I see you're using a real dmd? All those have full color for me on lcd vpin with luckys

They all have full color for me using Freezy’s too, but Bugs, Diner and Bad Cats all have severe lag using Freezy’s. 
 I’d just like for all my color dmd’s to work on one .dll file. 
And yes, a real dmd pindmdv3

AC/DC, Scared Stiff .cRZ dmd files work using Lucky’s .dll

Edited by Redwings13

20 hours ago, Redwings13 said:

They all have full color for me using Freezy’s too, but Bugs, Diner and Bad Cats all have severe lag using Freezy’s. 
 I’d just like for all my color dmd’s to work on one .dll file. 
And yes, a real dmd pindmdv3

AC/DC, Scared Stiff .cRZ dmd files work using Lucky’s .dll

hmmm. I have a "real" Pin2DMD.  I am using Luckys .DLL as from the first post of this thread. I will test these tables  tonight  and let you know if I get lag. Are you meaning Lag on the DMD or in the gameplay?

57 minutes ago, KiwiBri said:

hmmm. I have a "real" Pin2DMD.  I am using Luckys .DLL as from the first post of this thread. I will test these tables  tonight  and let you know if I get lag. Are you meaning Lag on the DMD or in the gameplay?

Please try bugs, diner and bad cats. It’s the scoring and animation on the dmd (pindmdv3) that lags. It doesn’t keep up with the scoring on the backglass.

please let me know. As of right now I’m using freezy’s .dll

6 hours ago, Redwings13 said:

Please try bugs, diner and bad cats. It’s the scoring and animation on the dmd (pindmdv3) that lags. It doesn’t keep up with the scoring on the backglass.

please let me know. As of right now I’m using freezy’s .dll

oh ! My Mistake!! I am using Lucky1's  .DLL and NOT Freezys!  I typed the wrong one earlier. I am not using the serum.dll . With Lucky1's I get no lag on Dinner. I have not installed the ColorDMD for Bad Cats. My Serum files (AC/DC , TRON) work fine. 

8 minutes ago, KiwiBri said:

oh ! My Mistake!! I am using Lucky1's  .DLL and NOT Freezys!  I typed the wrong one earlier. I am not using the serum.dll . With Lucky1's I get no lag on Dinner. I have not installed the ColorDMD for Bad Cats. My Serum files (AC/DC , TRON) work fine. 

I’ve tried everything I could think of trying to get everything running, just not having any luck

On 2/7/2024 at 1:26 PM, lucky1 said:

Have you tried putting the latest serum.dll next to my dmddevice.dll ?

The latest version can be found here https://github.com/zesinger/libserum/releases

I finally after 5 months have all my dmd color format’s running perfect including Bugs, Diner and Bad Cats. All the .pac, .pal/.vni and .cRZs are good.

Now my main problem is that when I exit the tables, they exit sooooo slow, The pup videos won’t exit at all, they just keep playing the videos on my backglass. About 40 seconds for tables to close or longer using Lucky’s .dlls

If I use Freezy’s .dlls the tables and pup videos exit immediately like they should. But then the Bugs, Diner and Bad Cats dmds have severe lagging issues.

Please help if you can. 

22 minutes ago, Redwings13 said:

I finally after 5 months have all my dmd color format’s running perfect including Bugs, Diner and Bad Cats. All the .pac, .pal/.vni and .cRZs are good.

Now my main problem is that when I exit the tables, they exit sooooo slow, The pup videos won’t exit at all, they just keep playing the videos on my backglass. About 40 seconds for tables to close or longer using Lucky’s .dlls

If I use Freezy’s .dlls the tables and pup videos exit immediately like they should. But then the Bugs, Diner and Bad Cats dmds have severe lagging issues.

Please help if you can. 

pal/fsq too? as for closing are you using popper? I have no problems with tables or pups closing normally on these games but I either run direct from vpx (dx ONLY versions) or Launchbox.

8 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

pal/fsq too? as for closing are you using popper? I have no problems with tables or pups closing normally on these games but I either run direct from vpx (dx ONLY versions) or Launchbox.

I’m using pinballx, but they(all tables and all pup tables) still exit even from the tables folder very slow.

only using Luckys 

Edited by Redwings13

5 hours ago, Cliffy said:

open VPinballX.exe directly 

Hi Cliffy, I was pretty sure you meant that, but when I turned my cabinet on this morning the color dmds were messed up. I don’t see how that could mess up the settings from yesterday and restarting it today could mess it up. Now I’m at a loss to getting it right again. I’ll probably just put my original vpinmame back in it.

I finally have Bugs, Diner and Bad Cats .cRZ’s running good with no lag only using 10.8 32bit. I’m forced to use an older VPW Bad Cats version that runs with 10.8 32bit  because if I use the VPW Bad Cats 10.8 64bit there is too much lag. All my other color formats .pac, .pal/.vni and the other .cRZ’s run good.

I would very much like to use the latest VPW Bad Cats version.

Any help would be so much appreciated.

Edited by Redwings13

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dicentim said:

Hi guys ! Anyone is able to get the last Playboy Serum altcolor working ? It's the only altcolor I have issues with.

did you put Libserum >= 1.6.1  as written and freezy V 2.2.1  ?

Edited by cherok

1 hour ago, cherok said:

did you put Libserum >= 1.6.1  as written and freezy V 2.2.1  ?

I put libserum 1.6.2 (last version) and dmdext 2.2.1.

But no colorization at all except the classic 4 colors. 

Please note it's ok using the dmdext, editing dmddevice.ini (vni key, pin2color files paths), adding pin2color dlls. But I don't use the Lucky01 files anymore and other colorisations such as Batman Forever (Fsq), Baywatch (Vni) are simply awful. 

So I'd like to continue using the files in open post. 

Thanks for your help. 

Edited by Dicentim

3 hours ago, Dicentim said:

I put libserum 1.6.2 (last version) and dmdext 2.2.1.

But no colorization at all except the classic 4 colors. 

Please note it's ok using the dmdext, editing dmddevice.ini (vni key, pin2color files paths), adding pin2color dlls. But I don't use the Lucky01 files anymore and other colorisations such as Batman Forever (Fsq), Baywatch (Vni) are simply awful. 

So I'd like to continue using the files in open post. 

Thanks for your help. 

Make sure NO .pal files exist in the altcolor folders where .cRZ exist

7 hours ago, Cliffy said:

Make sure NO .pal files exist in the altcolor folders where .cRZ exist

Thanks Cliffy ! My apologies I deleted the pal files from the copy folder and not the VpinMame\altcolor one.
All is ok sorry for my mistake.