Laser War! This table was originally done by Herwey (with help from others noted in the script), and he gave me the permission to add all the latest physics, sounds, etc. to this fun table. Thank you very much, Herwey! It's a fun yet challenging table. Testers have indicated that the balls falling to the drain is tough, but acts identical to a real table. So, you might need to work on your nudging technique to save the ball from draining.
I did quite a few updates in version 2.0 mentioned below (and detailed in the vpx script), essentially getting up to the latest VPW physics and sounds, 3D inserts, and other corrections, and making it a hybrid table (desktop, cabinet, and VR). Also thank you to all the testers on the VPW team for testing, feedback, and suggestions for improvement: Tomate (fixed ramp and wall primitives), Sixtoe (upper right wall placement), leojreimroc (VR backglass enhancements), and then AstroNasty, PinStratsDan, Smaug, and Rajo Joey for testing and feedback!
If you are playing in VR... you MUST select VR_Room = 1 in the script!! Desktop and Cabinet mode should be automatic.
There are several options to select in the script, including ball brightness, sidewalls and blades, color mods, GI and Flasher options, VR Room, VR clock, VR posters, VR topper. GI mods and ramp color can be changed by clicking the right and left magna save buttons if you have that option on in the script as well.
IF YOU experience performance issues... there are options you can try to change that. First of all, you can uncheck "Reflect Elements on Playfield in the table options window. Also, you can turn dynamic shadows off for additional performance if needed. Also, you can turn off In-Game AO, Post-proc AA, and 4xAA on the table options.
Version 2.0 Updates include:
- Implemented the table to a hybrid (desktop, cab, and VR), and has options for ball brightness.
- Added VR to include an animated backglass (image from Wildman), and several VR options (room, poster, clock, topper). (Thanks to Sixtoe's VR templates). Also animated all the flippers, plunger, etc. And thanks to leojreimroc for backglass enhancements.
- The table and flipper physics have been updated to the latest VPW standards, as well as dynamic shadows, standup targets, ramprolling sounds, sling corrections, and several other tweaks.
- Fleep sounds added, as well as relay sounds.
- Added Flupper domes.
- Adjusted the flippers to be actual size, and tweaked the flipper physics.
- Added 3D insert primitives and tuned the lighting significantly for those. Lots of work on the playfield cutouts, and associated text layer.
- Changed lamp control to VPW Lampz.
- Corrected some errors in the table.
- Adjusted the lighting levels, and GI overhead.
- Tomate fixed an issue with the ramp and wall primitive... as it wasn't built correctly in blender.
- Enhanced performance as much as I could by removing all getballs calls and no longer destroy and recreate balls. I implemented only the gBOT global call.
- Updated the trough code to manage all balls on the table.
- Created new background for desktop mode, with animated lighting.
- And so many other updates, all documented in the script.
Once again thank you to Herwey, the VPW team, especially Tomate, AstroNasty, Sixtoe, PinStratsDan, Smaug, leojreimroc, and Rajo Joey for testing, feedback, and some updates!