• Content Provider

Super Orbit (Gottlieb 1983)

Gottlieb's Super Orbit! Lots of fun to play, with a varitarget, orbits, and lots of bonus opportunities.  Redbone spent considerable time to get the playfield and plastic images just right, as resources for this table were very limited.  As usual lots of hours were put in on this one, and lots of tweaking on the varitarget and physics to emulate a real machine.

I implemented the latest VPW standards, physics, GI and shadow baking, Lampz and 3D inserts, dynamic shadows, updated backglass for desktop, roth standup and varitarget targets, standalone compatibility, sling corrections, optional DIP adjustments, updated flipper physics, VR and fully hybrid modes, Flupper style bumpers and lighting, gBOT system and trough. Redbone provided the playfield and updated the plastics and apron, and other images.  Hauntfreaks provided the higher resolution VR backglass and Silversurfer updated the cab artwork. I also added options for balls, ball brightness, LUTs, Dip settings, siderails, and plenty of other VR stuff.  DarthVito provided a few additional wallpaper VR Room walls.

You can find the ROM at pinballnirvana.com... sorbit.zip.  

Also, I've included the nvram file to initially set the Dips, as the ROM creates settings that should be adjusted.  You can either grab the nvram file and put it in your nvram directory, or follow this process to do an initial setup for yourself.  (When you open the table, hit F6 (that'll load the default DIPS and display them). You can then select various ROM options, and I recommend these shown below.  Once entered, you can exit out, and in the script, you can set the SetDIPSwitches to zero. That will set the ROM settings and turn off the option.  If you later want to change that, you can turn it back on and change the dips.)

- 3 ball
- Playfield special of "extra ball"
- Game mode of "replay"
- Novelty of "normal"
- Check the Match, Credits

Thanks again to Redbone for the playfield and plastic images, Rothbauerw for the varitarget code, Hauntfreaks for the updated VR Backglass, DarthVito for additional VR walls, and Silversurfer for the cab art images! Also thanks to everyone else from the VPW team that provided feedback!