[New VP10 Alert] Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky 2017) VPW

Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky 2017) VPW

Welcome To The Future! (v2.0!)

VPW are very proud to present Total Nuclear Annihilation V2.0! This project started in April '21 when EBisLit obtained a full set of new plastics for TNA for scanning, and gtxjoe started updating the script of the original v1.0 release with numerous fixes and rolling in both nfozzy physics and fleep audio, supported by Scott Danesi who provided the original DMD media, TNA light animations and sound effects. Over the next 2 years the table was worked on by a number of people in the community changing and updating nearly everything, bringing it as close in line with the real table as possible, including programming the light shows and now using the original machines video. What you see is the culmination of thousands of man hours of development, we're super happy with it, and hope you will be too! (and yes it's meant to be that hard!)

TABLE MUSIC
===========
This VPX table **does not** come with the TNA soundtrack.
For the full music experience, you will need to BUY the TNA Album and possibly convert the songs from FLAC format to mp3 format with a tool like this: https://www.freac.org/

It is available here:
https://www.scottdanesi.com/?download=scott-danesi-total-nuclear-annihilation-flac-audio

After buying them rename all mp3 files to TNA1.mp3 through TNA10.mp3 (Scarlet.mp3 is not used)
Place the tracks in the
        \Visual Pinball\Music\TNA
folder, then you must find and set bMusicOn to true in the script like this:
        Const bMusicOn = True

and then you can disable the TNA message by setting

Disable_TNA_Message = True

Please show Scott Danesi your support and thanks for creating an awesome pinball game and for making the music available for us to buy.
This release is fully compatible with the old release for anyone who purchased the soundtrack for that.

PinUp Player  *Now Required*
===========================
** Download the Pup Pack from the Download button on this page! ***
Pinup Player 1.44 or higher is required. Install files and setup guide can be found here:
http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

●     PuP-Pack folder "tna" needs to be copied to your PUPVideos folder.

●     Windows "Text and Scaling" / DPI must be set to 100 for ALL your screens!

●     your "PuP Backglass" display needs to be a proper 16:9 ratio (such as 1920x1080)

●     if you have a dedicated 3rd LCD screen that is 16:9 ratio or full size (similar to the real TNA cabinet),

●     then your Pup "FullDMD" display must be positioned on that 3rd screen and at 16:9 ratio (1920x1080, 1366x768, 1280x720,etc)

●     it's VERY important to have the PuP Backglass and PuP Music displays at proper 16:9 ratio, or the text will NOT display correctly

●     the pup displays can be configured with the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat

There are 4 PuP-Pack options (depending on your cabinet / setup):
Navigate to the;
          PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\tna
Directory and double click on the option you will be using to set up PuP properly.

Option 1 - PUPDMD on the Backglass. For those who don't have a dedicated fullsize 3rd monitor / TV for the PUPDMD text and videos.
Option 2 - PUPDMD on the Backglass with B2S. Same as above, but setup to allow the 4 player score from the directb2s to show on the bottom.
Option 3 - PUPDMD on a Fullscreen (similar to a modern Stern or TNA cabinet). Display the PUPDMD and Text on a 3rd dedicated 16:9 fullscreen.
  This option allows you to also view the entire TNA Backglass at the same time.
Option 4 - VR or Desktop. This is to display everything on one screen for both desktop and VR users.

DOF CONFIG
============
If you use DOF in your cab, be sure to download and update to the latest config files.

CREDITS
=======
GTXJOE:  VPX Table Lead
Pinballfan2018: PUPDMD
iaakki: Scorbit, Lighting, Scripting, and more
Fleep: Mechanical sound engineering, processing and scripting, drop target animations
hawkeyez88: Pup help
RetroG33K: Pup help
daphishbowl: Pup and Gif animations help
leojreimroc: VR room and backglass
apophis: Physics updates, script help
Sixtoe: VR Cab, VPX layout, Acrylics, Playfield Redraw, Apron and More.
Astronasty: Graphics help
BorgDog: Apron photos, checking gameplay against his real machine
Stat: DirectB2S backglass
EBisLIt: TNA plastic scans
Arelyel: Pup screen support
redbone: Plastic and Playfield adjustments
WildDogAracde: Mechanical sound effects recordings
Morttis: TNA MOD V1.6 update (Graphic updates)
trochjochel: PuP Media Help
Joey Beaulieu: PuP Media Help
HiRez00: PuP Media Help
NailBuster: Pinup Player, PUPDMD
Thalamus: RBG light data help
VPW and VPC beta testers
VPX Dev Team: Visual Pinball
SCOTT DANESI: Providing all the genuine DMD media and table sound effects from the amazing Total Nuclear Annihilation "real" Pinball game. And the kick ass music!

• Content Provider
25 minutes ago, roccodimarco said:

Looks great!   If I had the original table, do I need new music or is that element unchanged?  

If you have the album you should be good, just check the instructions to make sure you've got them named and placed correctly 👍

• Content Provider
35 minutes ago, Terrada said:

Thanks for your hard work! Your tables are always very appreciated. Sadly, this table lost the hack of the 2nd coin button present in the v1.5, but hey it adds a lot of other improvements.

No cheater posts allowed!  😛

Howdy! Table is awesome, having a bit of trouble with the music though. Bought / paid for the music to support the creator,  followed the instructions, see attached if interested. Script appears good, music folder in the right place named appropriately (capitalized TNA) Im running 3 screen setup, playfield, full dmd, backglass. Chose option 3 for Full DMD and original b2s bat. Thats working as expected - looks great. pup is working (lowercase tna under pupvideos) I didnt screenshot it, but my displays are set properly (16*9, triple checked) pup music is set to the backglass, hidden but always playing music. Still no music. Im stumped. Can anyone throw some thoughts my way?

pup pack.png

script.png

music folder structure.png

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, mdr05 said:

Howdy! Table is awesome, having a bit of trouble with the music though. Bought / paid for the music to support the creator,  followed the instructions, see attached if interested. Script appears good, music folder in the right place named appropriately (capitalized TNA) Im running 3 screen setup, playfield, full dmd, backglass. Chose option 3 for Full DMD and original b2s bat. Thats working as expected - looks great. pup is working (lowercase tna under pupvideos) I didnt screenshot it, but my displays are set properly (16*9, triple checked) pup music is set to the backglass, hidden but always playing music. Still no music. Im stumped. Can anyone throw some thoughts my way?

Are you running the table out of ...\VisualPinball\Tables ?

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, sammyvee said:

I'm running VP in desktop mode.  Since Pinup Player is now required, I'm assuming this table won't run in desktop mode?

PinUp can be configured for desktop, and there's an included preset for it here: "Option 4 - VR or Desktop. This is to display everything on one screen for both desktop and VR users."

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, makmak said:

Im getting up to "Rendering Table" then VPX crashes without any notice. VPX 10.8, Pinup 1.4.6, DOF updated - any idea? thx!

11 minutes ago, jasonleebrown said:

Same exact situation.

Sounds to me like a bug in the VPX beta revision you've got

4 hours ago, makmak said:

Im getting up to "Rendering Table" then VPX crashes without any notice. VPX 10.8, Pinup 1.4.6, DOF updated - any idea? thx!

Same here with VR, not normal VPX.  I tried it breifly in desktop mode and worked fine.  I switched to VPX VR and it instantly crashes.  I am running the latest version.  If anyone has a fix I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks

Hey guys! 

I don't know what is meant with the Script to activate the music. Which file do I have to run or edit therefor? 

Thanks for that great table!

Update: SOLVED! I fou d it in the Editor of vpx under VIEW and then SCRIPT. 

Edited by KingOfPayne777

This table rules man!  Love the lighting options it has.  I'm usin it with the older pup pack tho, this new one isnt letting me change the screens correctly.  Stays on the same screens no matter what option I change in the newer pup.   I'm wondering if the newer pup has any differences from the older one, I can't really tell.  I'm really fine usin the older pup and this kicka** new table version.  TY VPW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Gman77

Hello, awesome table and music !

I have a little issue, my BG resolution is 1400 * 1050 (4:3), and I'm missing some text, see attached file.

How can I fix that please ?

image.thumb.png.5157ef8a6cf8e360e923fa267e3eccbd.png

EDIT: I assume there is no way to do that because 16/9 is mandatory on description, so I'll use db2s with flex dmd and I hope there will be a 5/4 and 4/3 support one day :)

Edited by Nosfay

On 5/10/2023 at 1:13 AM, mdr05 said:

pup pack.png

script.png

music folder structure.png

I think your issue may be the naming of the files. Each mp3 file should be named  TNA1 or TNA2 etc - have you added the '.mp3' bit to the file name?

21 hours ago, Wylte said:

Sounds to me like a bug in the VPX beta revision you've got

Indeed, the latest VPX did the trick...thx for help and this incredible piece of art of a virtual pinball table!

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, Nosfay said:

Hello, awesome table and music !

I have a little issue, my BG resolution is 1400 * 1050 (4:3), and I'm missing some text, see attached file.

How can I fix that please ?

image.thumb.png.5157ef8a6cf8e360e923fa267e3eccbd.png

EDIT: I assume there is no way to do that because 16/9 is mandatory on description, so I'll use db2s with flex dmd and I hope there will be a 5/4 and 4/3 support one day :)

Your overall backglass can be whatever, but the pack is set up for the pup window to be 16:9 - there's a button to set each pup window to such in the pup setup that (I believe) maintains about the same position for the window, so it won't require a ton of work.