[New VP10 Alert] Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky 2017) VPW

On 12/26/2023 at 3:37 PM, Terrada said:

DOF is working fine here. Tested in VPX 10.7.3 x86 final & 10.8.0 x64 Rev. 1706

I believe it is working for most people.  I can't seem to figure out why it's not working for me though.  My directoutputs are updated, as I get DOF for darkest dungeon and die hard, etc.  It's just not working with this table - wrecking my head!

-- Edit --

Just fixed it using this video from Major Frenchy

Edited by Abhcoide

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

@DomiKamu Support thread is over here, behind the "Get Support" button, not the star button 😉

It looks like you don't have your PuP screens set up correctly and/or did not run the included .bat for setting the pack for Desktop.

26 minutes ago, Wylte said:

@DomiKamu Support thread is over here, behind the "Get Support" button, not the star button 😉

It looks like you don't have your PuP screens set up correctly and/or did not run the included .bat for setting the pack for Desktop.

Show him the first page in support Wylte.

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/8688-new-vp10-alert-total-nuclear-annihilation-spooky-2017-vpw/?do=findComment&comment=71630

On 5/10/2023 at 11:28 AM, sammyvee said:

I'm running VP in desktop mode.  Since Pinup Player is now required, I'm assuming this table won't run in desktop mode?

It's not indicated in the table description. However, I'm using PinUP Player & Popper, but it doesn't work as expected (the part of backglass isn't displayed - the blue DMD is visible, most displayed messages are truncated, it's just horrible. Desktop mode (single screen, 1920x1080).

its certainly doable. you just need to read some stuff.

make sure vpx is in windowed fullscreen mode only
(or make sure to have input set to xinput in vpx prefs config keys, dof)
make sure you're using non GL version of vpx
make sure plugin is active (1) in b2stablesttings.xml 
make sure pinup enabled = true in dmddevice.ini
make sure you have pupdesktoppunch.exe and pupinit.bat in the game's pupvideos folder

Make sure you have your screens positioned how you like with PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat

This will create/update your pinupplayer.ini. I *HIGHLY* recommend you keep a pinupplayer.ini in the games pup folder so it doesn't affect other games pup positions.

With TNA you have a choice of Ultra/Flexdmd or pupdmd. I suggest the pupdmd and hauntfreaks b2s for scoring and so edit the table script and turn off ultradmd;

180 Const UseUltraDMD = 0

TNA-2.0-HauntB2S-pup.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi There, TNA it's so far my favorite table (I'm considering to buy... the real machine!).

However I've noticed some troubles:

- Issue? : possible issue about multiball, sometimes/often (from reactor #2), by the action of ball SAVE feature, the multiball may have 4 balls (instead of 3). Is it a normal behavior? not sure, TNA provides 3-ball multiball (even the real machine embeds 4 balls), no more, except if I'm wrong. EDIT/ADDED: also, while playing 4-player co-op, on first ball, player #1, without any reason, I've two (then three) balls on playfield at the same time, but not in multiball mode!

- Cosmetic: tilt warning displays must be 2 WARNINGS LEFT (so, it's okay), 1 WARNING LEFT (no plural, such the real machine displays), and 0 WARNINGS LEFT (it's okay). Easy to fix in script, however. Also, Tilt warning related variable resets to default 2 must be placed before Pup display instruction!

- Cosmetic: it's an extra dot after the credit number, so it's not realistic IMHO (perhaps a typo).

- Feature: Ability to bypass the end of ball bonus countdown also at the end of the lastest ball.

- Cosmetic: after you've entered your initials, they're no indication on immediate HIGH SCORE pup (for seconds) only the background image, but no text.

image.png.d004f2feaa67baa94c4b8af6ab55ef06.png

- Cosmetic: LAST GAME FINAL RESULTS is badly distributed vertically (here, it was after a 4-players co-op game).

image.png.6a3ccc59957f9dadbfd1a449e482c038.png

- The script layout is just horrible/ugly, it's a shame for "V-Pin Workshop" quality standards!

- Requested features: It will be cool to implement the real "setup" of the machine, on LCD screen (perhaps by using MagnaSave or both flippers - for example)... ;) also the realistic initials entry. But in French language, l'espoir fait vivre. 🤣

Greetings from south of France... 😉 Dominique.

Edited by DomiKamu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 3:57 PM, yardley said:

Same here, DOF isn't working with this table. 

Same problem with DOF - tried above Frenchy video on deleting ini problem but my issue is won't work in 10.7.4 32 or 64 bit - but 10.8 beta does work (would have figured for 34/64 bit issue not 10.7 or 10.8). I reinstalled my system (worked before very old versions of everything) and did the November version and all my other tables DOF works fine, did a new update and copied to right folder for DOF config - still only table that DOF doesn't work on 10.7.4. In 10.8 see some render issues - anyone else figure out the DOF issue they had?