[New VP10 Alert] Big Bang Bar (Capcom 1996) VPW

This worked great until I updated to  VPX 10.8 BETA 5 and VPinMAME 3.6.  Now the insert coin function does not register (basically coin sound activated, but no coins are received) - this goes for all insert coin buttons.   Any clue what happened here?  I reinstalled the .nv file provided and still no luck. 

Any thoughts? Cheers!

1 hour ago, jasonleebrown said:

This worked great until I updated to  VPX 10.8 BETA 5 and VPinMAME 3.6.  Now the insert coin function does not register (basically coin sound activated, but no coins are received) - this goes for all insert coin buttons.   Any clue what happened here?  I reinstalled the .nv file provided and still no luck. 

Any thoughts? Cheers!

Also, Switched "pace framing " off, and it worked again.

Thanks a bunch for the great tip (times two)!!

Edited by jasonleebrown

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve tried to run this table on two different high end cabinets but I seem to have a lighting issue.  When the table initially loads it looks great (dark) but then when the lights turn on and start blinking the whole table washes out white and none of the artwork is visible.  Plays fine but I can really only see the ball and the flippers.  It’s like the bulbs are blooming way too much and this is straight from the download with no changes.  Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2023 at 11:57 AM, Wylte said:

@Jaxpin are you using 64bit 10.8?  The white is missing textures; you'll have to download a new copy of the table to get them back.

Any idea on a similar issue but in VR? 
I'm using 10.8 Beta8 GL version and BBB plays fine in VPX, but in VR the majority of the room is white and there is no back box or sides to the cabinet. It's really only the playfield and dmd. I'm not having any issues with other VR tables that I've tried so far. The playfield colors are all fine so it's not really the same as the previous poster mentioned but I thought it may be something similar. I did try to delete the table and then put it back in but that didn't work. 
Any ideas?
Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have problem with table, the playfield correctly appears at start but when i insert coins and start the game , only B2S working.

The playfield stays inactive and dark. like no coins inserted.

Perhaps it s the NVRAM file.... missing in the 2.0 version  Zip File.

Thanks for your help ;)

Note: Vpinmame and VPX 64 are in last version and all other tables work nicely.

17 hours ago, kust said:

Hi,

I have problem with table, the playfield correctly appears at start but when i insert coins and start the game , only B2S working.

Thanks for your help ;)

This is the NVRAM file provided in version 1.0 of the table. Please try it and let us know if that fixes your issue. Thanks.
bbb109.nv

21 hours ago, kust said:

Hi,

Thanks for your help ;)

I am seeing this as well.

The odd thing is, I did get it to work a couple times - not sure why it stopped.

I tried the nvram file above - it did not fix the issue.

I FIXED IT by re-running VpinMame setup (v3.6.0-929) for both 32 & 64 bit. 

-JK

Edited by jwkramer61
added FIX

6 minutes ago, cheese3075 said:

I can not access the script on the 2.1 table, it's just grayed out.  I'm running the newest version of both vpinmame and Visual Pinball. Using VP x64 or x32.  

In the VPX editor, click on the Table dropdown menu and select Unlock.

On 4/24/2024 at 6:55 AM, jwkramer61 said:

I am seeing this as well.

The odd thing is, I did get it to work a couple times - not sure why it stopped.

I tried the nvram file above - it did not fix the issue.

I FIXED IT by re-running VpinMame setup (v3.6.0-929) for both 32 & 64 bit. 

-JK

I am having this same issue, but reinstalling the latest version of VpinMAME did not change a thing for me. All other tables work great.

2 minutes ago, Phatjax said:

I am having this same issue, but reinstalling the latest version of VpinMAME did not change a thing for me. All other tables work great.

Are you running this table with the required VPX 10.8 RC3 64bit?

Version 2.0 Required Software:

VPX 10.8.0 RC3 or later: https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases/tag/v10.8.0-1947-3b3f101
VPinMame 3.6.0-929 or later: https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/releases/tag/v3.6.0-929-8c5f83e