[New VP10 Alert] Big Bang Bar (Capcom 1996) VPW

With the new install of X64 version of B2S Server, I can't click on the button "Plugins Settings". I activate plugins, but B2S doesn't seem to recognize them.

I have the both folders Plugins and Plugins64 in my B2S install path.

Any Idea ?

Other thing : is it normal the display of "x86" when I right click on a backglass ? is this an oversight by the developer on the 64bit version?

image.png.8fb34c590690b9636165c2ec93b7ae85.png

41 minutes ago, jejevpuniverse said:

With the new install of X64 version of B2S Server, I can't click on the button "Plugins Settings". I activate plugins, but B2S doesn't seem to recognize them.

Any Idea ?

Other thing : is it normal the display of "x86" when I right click on a backglass ? is this an oversight by the developer on the 64bit version?

Unless the 64 bit upgrade guide has changed you're not even supposed to be using the 64 bit backglass server

OK for the x86 version of B2S. But it's the same problem for me : plugins not showing up.

Another thing : when I attempt to launch the "Lethal Weapon 3" backglass, the backglass don't launch. In controller.vbs, I can have this error : B2S.Server required object.

Other tables works...

18 hours ago, DanLShane said:

You don't supply your current PC specs, so it would be hard to accurately identify the fault. I can say that all my VPX tables are running fine (if not better) in 64-bit except for the VpinSPA table that I still run in x86.  I have an i5 CPU and GTX 1060 w/16GB.

Hey, thanks for the response.  And yes, I should have included some specs :)

I'm running on an Ryzen 5 2400G + Radeon RX 580, 16GB ram, 4K/60hz playfield

If anything I guess the CPU would be the bottleneck, but so far I've got a solid 60fps on even the most demanding tables with this setup.

It was a big drop in performance also on X64 VPX - e.g. AC/DC table, from 60fps on 32bit to 45-50fps on 64bit.  Similar with Addams Family, Attack From Mars, STTNG, TOTAN.

Such a big consistent FPS drop seemed a little weird to me.  Have reverted all the changes and will try installing/testing each x64 component one-by-one now anyway, see if I can narrow things down.

13 hours ago, jejevpuniverse said:

Any Idea ?

Do not copy the files into the folder. Instead place a link as explained in the original PinUp Player install video guide from nailbuster.

They explain the process here -- > https://youtu.be/okUzulvM-10 around minute 6:00

Here is my path as example --> C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\B2SBackglassServer\Plugins

There i have a link pointing to  --> C:\PinUPSystem\PinUPPlayerB2SDriver

But as stated before, this is only working for x86. Currently PuP's don't work with x64. But its no problem to use PuP's with the x86 .exe file like before. I use VPinballX-x86.exe to play old 32bit stuff and VPinballX-x64.exe to play BBB and other tables.

That should work perfect if you follow this guide --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc_6cr4Fo8k it's a dual use setup for x86 and x64. 

Hope that helps you out because i had the same problem first.

Cheers 

SOS

Edited by Saveoldstuff

1 hour ago, Adeysan said:

Hey, thanks for the response.  And yes, I should have included some specs :)

I'm running on an Ryzen 5 2400G + Radeon RX 580, 16GB ram, 4K/60hz playfield

If anything I guess the CPU would be the bottleneck, but so far I've got a solid 60fps on even the most demanding tables with this setup.

It was a big drop in performance also on X64 VPX - e.g. AC/DC table, from 60fps on 32bit to 45-50fps on 64bit.  Similar with Addams Family, Attack From Mars, STTNG, TOTAN.

Such a big consistent FPS drop seemed a little weird to me.  Have reverted all the changes and will try installing/testing each x64 component one-by-one now anyway, see if I can narrow things down.

OK, I fixed my own issue - seems VPX X64 was locked to one CPU core;  fixed using mjr's PinAffinity and all now seems well.

Time to finally try the table now... cheers!

• Content Provider
10 minutes ago, gravitygroove said:

cannot find the rom.  Put in the folder as instructed, but when i launcher thetable, cant be found.  The table is looking in the normal roms folder, not the nvrom folder. 

There's only one roms folder; the NVRAM* is where ROMs store internal settings/scores/etc.

Hello!

Having trouble launching this version.

Here is the crash report:

Crash report VPX rev388 (f6d9f7b)
============
Process: VPinballX.exe
Reason: 0xC0000005 - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0023:00536A6A
Attempt to read from 0x00000024
Thread ID: 0x4FD0 [20432]

Any thoughts?

-L

3 hours ago, yrplace18 said:

getting this error on launch... anyone know what the fix is ? Backglass appears, but game does not launch. running 10.7

Thanks

1 - Visual Pinball X (Standalone EXE) 10.7.3 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33262
2 - Visual PinMAME (Standalone DLL) 3.5 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11571
Here are New Rom's for 3.5 - https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3928-new-vp10-alert-super-mario-bros-gottlieb-1992/?do=findComment&comment=42960
3- B2S Backglass Server 2.0 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

1) Thanks to all invloved for another awesome creation!

2) When I play in VR (VPX 8 GL x64 beta), the DMD is not showing. The other table I've tried (JP's AFM v4) works OK.

I realze this could be the WIP nature of a beta; I just wanted to be sure I wasn't doing anything to cause it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Flytrap

Edited by MrFlytrap
Add'l version info

• 4 weeks later...

Hello- I have discovered something relative to the color of the DMD. When you load the table, its standard orange. Whne you hit

F1 and change it to use color and get the nice green/yellow/blue DMD it only works for that session. You have to do this everytime

you load the  table. Is this an error? 

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, marccy1138 said:

Hello- I have discovered something relative to the color of the DMD. When you load the table, its standard orange. Whne you hit

F1 and change it to use color and get the nice green/yellow/blue DMD it only works for that session. You have to do this everytime

you load the  table. Is this an error? 

There is a preset coded into the script - you can enable it near the top in the user options.  If you'd like to use your own, comment out the lines that set the colors.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry be a pain but Im having  bad day and can't see how to run this in Cabinet 3 screen mode .. Ive looked for the obvious set up files or simple script change but just cant see it!!  Help!!?? Anyone!!??

• Content Provider
13 hours ago, cgg7777 said:

sorry be a pain but Im having  bad day and can't see how to run this in Cabinet 3 screen mode .. Ive looked for the obvious set up files or simple script change but just cant see it!!  Help!!?? Anyone!!??

What's the problem you're having?  The table should display in the correct mode automatically.

For the other two screens, I recommend HF's backglass.  It has instructions for setting up the B2S screenres to display the fullDMD screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the enable colorDMD option in the script only work with freezys dlls? And do you still need to check colorize option for the rom in vpx F1 settings? Had some weird stuff happen with the lighting effects when I turned this on last night.

my DMD turns orange shades (not green and purple) when I select the colorize option in the game F1 menu and stays green when I uncheck it. 

Tested with both freezy and the alternate DLL this AM, same result.

Edited by bbddpp

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, bbddpp said:

Does the enable colorDMD option in the script only work with freezys dlls? And do you still need to check colorize option for the rom in vpx F1 settings? Had some weird stuff happen with the lighting effects when I turned this on last night.

my DMD turns orange shades (not green and purple) when I select the colorize option in the game F1 menu and stays green when I uncheck it. 

Tested with both freezy and the alternate DLL this AM, same result.

No, it's a 4-color preset through VPM, nothing to do with FlexDMD/Freezy's DMDext (except for it showing the nicer version of the DMD, of course).

It's being set in the script - you can follow the "ColorDMD" option to the relevant lines and comment them out if you want to remove it or set up your own colors.

1 hour ago, Wylte said:

No, it's a 4-color preset through VPM, nothing to do with FlexDMD/Freezy's DMDext (except for it showing the nicer version of the DMD, of course).

It's being set in the script - you can follow the "ColorDMD" option to the relevant lines and comment them out if you want to remove it or set up your own colors.

thanks so much for the response. Any reason why I would not be seeing the purple green and instead be seeing an orange yellow when I set to 1 in the table script?