[New VP10 Alert] Big Bang Bar (Capcom 1996) VPW

• Content Provider
2 minutes ago, bbddpp said:

thanks so much for the response. Any reason why I would not be seeing the purple green and instead be seeing an orange yellow when I set to 1 in the table script?

No, sorry.  In the VPC Discord weekly competition some people saw that as well, but I don't think a cause was ever nailed down.

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, ntrsntrs said:

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? As soon as the table fully loads, this happens as shown on the attached video, so the table is unusable in this state.

Thanks.

The white is missing textures; you'll need to redownload to get those back.  They most likely got lost when VPX hit a memory limit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 9:11 AM, marcocaps said:

HI , i have used "64bit VPX Pincab Setup Guide"  everything work fine! but i have a problem with big bang bar ....

mechanical sound (ssf 7.1) work fine ! but i have no SOUND .

i have set to "40" MAX but  nothing chane , if I play another table whatever it is with vpx 64bit the sound is there. i tried downloading the rom again but nothing changes, of course i copied the nvram file included in the table too...but there is no way to hear any sound. at the moment i installed vpx 10.7.4 why the version 10.7.3-395-2bd9ac3 is no longer available.

THANKS fort you're Help but specially thanks fort this AMAZING table i love it

I am in the same situation as you: no music and no sound on this table. Did you find a solution ?

Thx for your answer,

I confirm that I checked the sounds in the F1 menus.
I recently switched to Visual Pinball 64 Bits. Since then, several sounds are no longer played on certain tables: Medieval Madness, Monster Bash and Big Bang Bar.

Do you know how to fix this problem?

Sans titre-2.png

1 hour ago, Denys06 said:

Thx for your answer,

I confirm that I checked the sounds in the F1 menus.
I recently switched to Visual Pinball 64 Bits. Since then, several sounds are no longer played on certain tables: Medieval Madness, Monster Bash and Big Bang Bar.

Do you know how to fix this problem?

Sans titre-2.png

Run setup in vpinmame folder, click Test and select each rom and click check roms. Sometimes a new revision of vpinmame will require a newer dump of the roms and if so you will see certain roms show as missing- usually sound.

pinmame/vpinmame is up to verson 3.6 now. 

On 3/19/2023 at 1:25 PM, toady said:

I am getting a runtime error:  Cannot create ActiveX component. When I launch in 64 bit.  32 BIT runs fine. I also lost all of my color dmd's that use pac files.

Any ideas?

I get the same error.  

Help! :)

On 6/4/2023 at 2:55 AM, Cliffy said:

Run setup in vpinmame folder, click Test and select each rom and click check roms. Sometimes a new revision of vpinmame will require a newer dump of the roms and if so you will see certain roms show as missing- usually sound.

pinmame/vpinmame is up to verson 3.6 now. 

I just checked and the roms are OK.
image.thumb.png.521ad18c5a38e259fede051079076be8.png

I don't think it comes from a rom problem because it does it on 3 other tables.

I think the problem stems from my switch to Visual Pinball 64 bit because the other tables (Medieval Madness, Monster Bash) had music before.

I lost all my music sound effects on these tables. Do you know which program/software/system manages the use of music in these 3 tables for me to check the configuration or do you have any other idea so that I can get out of the problem?

Thanks in advance
Denys

3 hours ago, Denys06 said:

I just checked and the roms are OK.
image.thumb.png.521ad18c5a38e259fede051079076be8.png

I don't think it comes from a rom problem because it does it on 3 other tables.

I think the problem stems from my switch to Visual Pinball 64 bit because the other tables (Medieval Madness, Monster Bash) had music before.

I lost all my music sound effects on these tables. Do you know which program/software/system manages the use of music in these 3 tables for me to check the configuration or do you have any other idea so that I can get out of the problem?

Thanks in advance
Denys

Ok lets see if the rom volume is set high enough. 

Go to your vpinmame folder and run setup or setup64.exe again.  Click Test and go find the big bang bar 1.9 rom again and this time click game options and select "show dmd window". NOW click Start and you will see a small pinmame dmd in to upper right of your screen. Move your mouse over the dmd and click it. now hit your tilde ~ key and a white menu will show. Use your cursor keys to scroll down to the two sound chips and use the right cursor key to raise the volume equally on both channels. Hit the tilde again to save and get out. You can coin up and hit 1 to start and get audio while in the menu. Dont forget to go back to game options and uncheck show dmd window.

pinmame-dmd-vol1.thumb.jpg.28f784f44cd963b0b85e28ab87e68676.jpg

pinmame-dmd-vol2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

What an amazing upgrade to this amazing table!

It is running great in 32 bit VPX for me.  I've got a pretty high end computer in my cab and I deleted the images that related to VR room.

Running a

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core with 2TB of SD drive and 16GB of ram.  NVIDIA Super 2700 Video Card.

Thanks Guys

EDIT:  Well my 32 bit chokes when I run BBB from the Front End.  Just too much graphics at 32 bit!  I'm studying up on 64 bit.  

Edited by bushav

On 6/5/2023 at 1:48 AM, Andurian said:

I get the same error.  

Help! :)

I think you need to install pinmame x64 bit. You get this running the x32 bit I think

I had the same issue on the last actionhero table

6 minutes ago, outhere said:

Watched the guide last night.  I love this hobby because it stretches my brain in a good way.  Things as monumental as this 64 bit conversion take me a few weeks to digest before pulling the trigger.  I know that it will lead to a day of being consumed and challenged and a sore back/neck from leaning over the cab as I program.  I like the challenge but my OCD dreads the enevitable frustration of games breakiing and having to make adjustments just when the neighbor comes over to play!

I done the nailbuster may update, and all the extras. Things are running solid. Still learning alot. If these guys didn't put as much work in as they do this thing wouldn't be half as good as it is. Thanks @outhere for the link. I went to the github page today and printed all the information off to read so i dont fill comments here. Its all up and running great just a few edges to polish up on. Thing with vpw tables. There so great on latest everything you really need good amount of high end pc and up to date to give a good performance. I'm sure people find ways to get it to run smoothly. But I'm finding the update process just gives things a no messing around instant play. The hardest thing to do is adding a vpinmame alias. Thanks everybody for the great content.

Awesome table!

I seem to have noticed an issue though, if anyone can confirm: The skillshot lane doesn't appear to be blinking for me so I can't tell which lane is the skillshot. (EDIT: Cycling between BAR doesn't appear to work correctly either -- sometimes no lanes are lit, sometimes multiple, even right at the start of the game before firing my first ball)

EDIT 2: I reinstalled the table and all constituent parts and don't seem to have an issue anymore. Perhaps my game state just got messed up in one of my sessions that messed up the BAR lanes. It seems the BAR lanes don't actually flash for the skillshot but they do indeed light up solid to correspond.

I'm playing in VR and I'm on VPX 10.8-beta3, VPinMame 3.6, all x64, etc... 

Edited by d-_-b

• 3 weeks later...

Bummer. I get giant white chunks flashing all over the playfield. My pc is up to the task of this table GTX3060TI so looks like i have to upgrade vpx and pinmame to 64 and I'm not messing with my fresh 32 install. Nope. This table looks good but it's only one table and that 64bit tutorial is a nightmare lol. Thanks just the same guys. Looks amazing as always.

• 4 weeks later...

Wrote this out in the comments section for the table, but figure it may be more applicable here:

I downloaded the latest 64 bit VPX (Beta 5), and now my Big Bang Bar won't start a game. It worked fine prior to the update, but now upon loading up the table, the table does not respond to my commands nor light up. However, the DMD reacts to my commands (e.g the table doesn't recognize me putting in coins but if I press start the game says "hey there's a cover charge").

I recall this happening before when I botched the initial 64bit VPX install... But this time, every other 64bit table works but BBB. Thoughts?

I'm not able to run this in the latest 10.8 beta either. I get "Line 2742: subscript out of range: 'Cor.ballvelx'" and the game hangs til I hit "continue" or "stop," then exits.  The game loads and I can add coins and press start, but that's when the error happens. Also, when the table loads, instead of the captive balls falling like they normally do, they are frozen at the top of their locks. Different than the @Burdy323 issue but definitely not working here.

I created a new pinbally system to load the game with an earlier build of 10.8 beta (I figured out that 10.8b1271 is the last one released that I can load and run the table with) and that functions as a workaround for now. I did update the scripts with the latest beta install, as well, just FYI.

UPDATE: Seems that in my case this had to do with frame pacing being on. I switched back to vsync and BBB worked with 10.8 beta 5. So... potential frame pacing bug I suppose?

Edited by lminimart

"...The table doesn't recognize me putting in coins but if I press start the game says "hey there's a cover charge"..."

Same here ! 🥴

Read somewhere that it also may be a WPC key thing, but I am too much of a noob to get that...

Hope you guys know what it is.

On 8/15/2023 at 2:28 PM, lminimart said:

UPDATE: Seems that in my case this had to do with frame pacing being on. I switched back to vsync and BBB worked with 10.8 beta 5. So... potential frame pacing bug I suppose?

Yep, Switched "pace framing " off, and it worked again.

Thanks a bunch for the great tip !!