[New VP10 Alert] Big Bang Bar (Capcom 1996) VPW

Big Bang Bar (Capcom 1996) VPW

Hey, pal, there’s a cover charge here!

Welcome to the Big Bang Bar, the bangin’est place in the galaxy. We wondered, what table would be a good showpiece for some of the new lighting techniques that have been developed lately and BBB was a clear choice with amazing light shows. Plus, it’s just really fun. Have a drink, hit the mosh pit, and try not to get bounced!

Your VPW Big Bang Bartenders

• Gedankekojote97: 3D rebuild and rendering with light mapper, nFozzy physics and Fleep sounds
  • Apophis: Light mapper script integration, tons of script updates, table rebuild #savetheballs
  • Rawd: New RGB VR room and VR cab setup
  • Leojreimroc: VR backglass (image by HauntFreaks)
  • ClarkKent: 2D and 3D assets, physics tweaks
  • Jsm174: VPX standalone support
  • Toxie: VPinMAME support
  • Sixtoe: Table cleanup
  • nFozzy: Improved alien animation
  • VPW Testers: bietekwiet, Primetime5k, PinStratsDan, HauntFreaks, Wylte, H3RBSKIx, RetroG33k, Lukpcn, Colvert, TastyWasps, Smaug

Special Thanks To

• Niwak for creating the amazing blender toolkit!
  • Steely for the VR backbox hinge model and lava lamp code
  • UncleWilly, Jimmyfingers, Grizz, and Rom, the original team that made BBB in VP9 and FP
  • Ninuzzu and ClarkKent for their VPX conversion
  • The VPX and VPinMAME developers. Without them the party would have never started

Installation Notes:

The download zip file includes the VPX file and a NV ram file. Place the VPX file in your Tables folder and place the NV file in your >VPinMAME>nvram folder.

This table uses many large images, therefore a lot of RAM, so you will most likely need to run it with a 64-bit build of VPX. Follow this guide if you want to update your software to 64-bit. This approach allows you to also run with the legacy 32-bit software if you want to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc_6cr4Fo8k

If you want to lighten the GPU load from this table, and you never intend to use its VR capability, then here is a simple hack that may improve performance for you: Open the table in the editor, then go to top menu item Table>Image Manager…  Within the image manager, click on the Import Path column header to sort the images by path name. Select all the images that have a path name starting with “C:\User\Rod” and then click the Delete button. Additionally, you can delete the following images “BBB_BG”, “BBB_BG_Fluo”, and “BBB_BG_Lit”. Save the table.

Ok, so upgraded my VPX setup to 64-bit.  Got 10.8 beta 64-bit, but right after I get the skill shot everything just freezes up.  After a few seconds VPX shuts down with the attached error.

Installed 64-bit VPM also, so have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of VPM installed.

My system is no slouch.  It's a gaming laptop that can run modern games just fine.  Just not this table.

crash.txt

Edited by DJSpeedy
Add text

• Content Provider
29 minutes ago, DJSpeedy said:

Ok, so upgraded my VPX setup to 64-bit.  Got 10.8 beta 64-bit, but right after I get the skill shot everything just freezes up.  After a few seconds VPX shuts down with the attached error.

Installed 64-bit VPM also, so have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of VPM installed.

My system is no slouch.  It's a gaming laptop that can run modern games just fine.  Just not this table.

crash.txt 873 B · 1 download

x64, but did you get VPM 3.6?  There's a fix for Capcom roms specifically starting in... 341?

https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/actions

21 minutes ago, Wylte said:

x64, but did you get VPM 3.6?  There's a fix for Capcom roms specifically starting in... 341?

https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/actions

You know, I did not.  Will try that next.

Ok, that worked, but now I have a different issue.

Somehow my screen setup got borked.  Using Hauntfreaks' FullDMD, with the DMD portion on screen 1, and the full B2S on screen 2.

Configured my screenres.txt so that the DMD is configured as screen 3, but displayed on screen 1.  Well now, it goes to the back and won't come forward.  It isn't just this table, but all tables now.  So I have to figure out what happened there.

Edit2: Unchecking force exclusive fullscreen mode did the trick, which is odd because I always had that checked before without issue.

Edited by DJSpeedy

I love how gorgeous this table looks, and all the hard work everybody put in, but it is handy (for non-tech savvy guys and girls, like myself) to issue a warning that:

-You need a powerful machine to run this table smoothly

- You need to not only upgrade all the various parts (vpx, vpm, b2s, flexdmd, pinup, etc) BUT ALSO that this may disable your pup-packs... (as it does in my case).

You need additional software and tweaking to get the pup-packs working again.

That requires skills I do not yet have (and the pup-pack issue requires software that is not discussed) .

So, with future big updates / table installation instructions maybe it's a handy idea to indicate 1) the level of PC power needed, and 2) also the level of PC-skills needed, and 3) the possible problems you may run into with additional parts (like pup-packs and stuff).

I absolutely think the world of all of you guys and girls that make these fantastic tables for us; it is such hard work and you make me and so many others very happy.

It's just that these suggested 3 indications I mentioned above may have prevented me from installing all of this (because of my lack of PC expertise, and having to solve issues I do not understand).

Thnaks for your sublime work, and also good to see that a lot of ppl are enjoying this wonderful table 🙏👍

I am getting a runtime error:  Cannot create ActiveX component. When I launch in 64 bit.  32 BIT runs fine. I also lost all of my color dmd's that use pac files.

Any ideas?

Edited by toady

Table looks great guys.    Fantastic job!

I have a question though - what kind of system specs do I need to run this table smoothly?    On this table, and the VPW X-Men table I get a laggy / stuttering experience.   Its playable, but obviously having an issue somewhere.  I don't have this problem with any other table (so far at least).

Windows 10

Intel i5 11400F

NVidia GTX 1650 Super

4k Resolution 43" screen, running at 60hz

M.2 NVME storage for everything

16 GB of system ram

Per the performance counters, nothing seems to be maxing out.  So I'm curious what the bottleneck might be.

EDIT:  Nevermind, looks like I'm maxing out the GPU VRAM  (Only 4GB dedicated).   Time to plan an upgrade.

I applaud the creators of these tables. Your work is fantastic & you deserve great accolades. Thank you for your hard work & allowing me to enjoy hours of fun for free. That being said, all of the work needed to get this working, for me, is just too much, as my computer skills are limited. If I screwed up my system, the hours of work to regain my 100’s of tables would be heartbreaking. Keep up the great work & thank you for your support to this community. 

HI , i have used "64bit VPX Pincab Setup Guide"  everything work fine! but i have a problem with big bang bar ....

mechanical sound (ssf 7.1) work fine ! but i have no SOUND .

i have set to "40" MAX but  nothing chane , if I play another table whatever it is with vpx 64bit the sound is there. i tried downloading the rom again but nothing changes, of course i copied the nvram file included in the table too...but there is no way to hear any sound. at the moment i installed vpx 10.7.4 why the version 10.7.3-395-2bd9ac3 is no longer available.

THANKS fort you're Help but specially thanks fort this AMAZING table i love it

Hi all,

Followed the VPX 64 bit guide and have everything working, but I'm finding that performance of any/all tables I try in VPX64 (not just BBB) is awful... stuttering everywhere.   Performance in x86 version is as it was previously, nice n smooth...

Anyone else have/resolve similar issues?  Not sure if I've screwed something up somewhere during the install or if it's upgrade time.

Cheers!

37 minutes ago, Adeysan said:

Hi all,

Followed the VPX 64 bit guide and have everything working, but I'm finding that performance of any/all tables I try in VPX64 (not just BBB) is awful... stuttering everywhere.   Performance in x86 version is as it was previously, nice n smooth...

Anyone else have/resolve similar issues?  Not sure if I've screwed something up somewhere during the install or if it's upgrade time.

Cheers!

You don't supply your current PC specs, so it would be hard to accurately identify the fault. I can say that all my VPX tables are running fine (if not better) in 64-bit except for the VpinSPA table that I still run in x86.  I have an i5 CPU and GTX 1060 w/16GB.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, jejevpuniverse said:

Hi, I have an error in the script line 2229 when BallShadow option is off :

fovY don't exists

Looks like a mix of old and new code got copied in - delete the "+ fovY" part of that line for an easy fix

• Content Provider
9 minutes ago, Terrada said:

Great table! Thanks for your hard work! Is there a way to enable the ball playfield shadow? I've been playing with the script options to do that with no luck.

There should always be a shadow under the ball, with a couple of options at line 90.

If you mean the bulb projected shadows, they are off by default.  The GI are controlled lights that may be off in some modes but will still cast a ball shadow - if you're cool with that, you can turn them on at line 3079.