New Stuff Coming Soon!

zebulon

that is awesome.  just got settled in the new place so i'll be installing the plunger in my cab this weekend.  is the palm smash code on the website for a firmware update

It's going to require a minor hardware upgrade to get it going as well as firmware.

Here's the details....

http://www.zebsboards.com/index.php/forum/up/70-plunger-beta-test-reports?start=42#277

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is awesome.  just got settled in the new place so i'll be installing the plunger in my cab this weekend.  is the palm smash code on the website for a firmware update

It's going to require a minor hardware upgrade to get it going as well as firmware.

Here's the details....

http://www.zebsboards.com/index.php/forum/up/70-plunger-beta-test-reports?start=42#277

I'm your hardware guy!

Hi uncle willy!

And another new toy coming out.....

post-27-0-34229700-1411506492_thumb.jpg

PacLED64 Booster board

48 optocoupled outputs onboard

- 4 ports capable of 1A each 

- 38 ports capable of 3A each

- 6 ports capable of 6A each (diode protected)

onboard diode protection for 10 contactors

onboard speed control for shaker motor

onboard booster for 32v knocker

onboard regulation to fixed 24v

16 pin header for flasher led/strobe output (mates with new resistor board)

16 pin header for expansion through a barebones booster

PacLED module plugs directly into the board.

How soon on the new board? I'm ready to start my parts orders and this looks great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Question: I am a ways off on this but I just got a old bally plunger for my cab (about 1979). Will this work with that?

If not can you point me in the right direction? (And I don't mean the "other" site). :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-039-s-Bally-Pinball-Plunger-Assembly-/361110017619?ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3AUS%3A3160&nma=true&si=Ng0CUtPrG%252BNyxGSxHp2FoWPVC2w%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I have received my plunger but I'm having problems getting it to work, I don't believe its the product itself. Windows refuses to boot when it is plugged in, it gets to windows is starting and then crashes, lets me choose from "Repair windows" or "Start windows normally", it keeps doing this in a loop. If I load windows first and then plug it in it works, I have the latest drivers and bios as of today.

Once I get to windows, I cant get the nudge or plunger working in pinball fx2 at all, how do I do this?

What settings are you guys using for vp and fp ?

Thanks

It's not something silly like you have it plugged into a usb 3 port?

I remember reading that some devices have issues with the newer chipsets and drivers, and people have had to puck up a usb card to get them to work.

No, I read about the usb 3 issues in this thread, it's plugged into usb 2. I have other issues too now :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just spent 2 days finalizing the palm_smash and launch ball features.

Maxx and I came up with a hardware solution to indicate when a digital launch button table is loaded using the flashing launch button output from the ledwiz and I coded a routine into the firmware to read this. This option will be a very cheap upgrade...:)

The downside is that there are currently a number of tables in the DF config tool that use analog plungers but have the launch button flashing as well.  I'll have to figure out a method of editing these out so that they don't interfere with the analog plunger operation.

Any plungers purchased after September have been shipping with the upgraded encoder strip and I'll have the strip kits available for everyone else in the next week or 2.

Once I've tested the firmware across several plungers I'll have it posted, and it will be available as one download with 2 versions, 1 with the palm smash and launch ball update and one with just the palm smash update for those that currently have a launch button.

Thanks arngrim, I didn't realize that was what that was for.

I tried to send you a pm the other day about it but your mailbox was full.

Is it possible to create a toy like authentic launch button but only toggle the output to "ON" to create a steady signal? Or are we tied to just assigning the lamp or switch value automatically?

• Content Provider

my mailbox is not full anymore now, worse case there is the vpf, or hp mailbox where we had conversations already :)

well is it not better to have the launch lamp only when there is a ball in the shooter lane, the regular rom behaviour?

Nope, would rather have it active for the duration of the table as the launch button is also used to fire the cannon in games like t2, sttng.  Having it on steady during the entire time the table is loaded means no delay in being able to use the launch button (plunger) and also removes the need for an interface to filter the flashing signal making it a no cost upgrade...:)

Archived