[New VP10 Alert] Die Hard Trilogy (VPW 2023)

Die Hard Trilogy (VPW 2023)

"Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?  Who the fuck is this?"

⚠️WARNING: This machine is rated R and there is no family friendly mode...

It's been quite the ride, but Die Hard Trilogy is finally here.   From the bullshit mind of Astronasty comes five modes, three multiballs, two wizards, and a partridge in a pear tree.   Choose to DIE HARD or DIE HARDER and find the best way to run up your score, but choose your plan of attack wisely, you can only complete the modes once.  Featuring work by some of the most talented Vpin authors ever assembled.  Cutting edge visuals are going to blow you away!  Yippie Ki Yay MOTHERFUCKERS!

NEW‼️ Automatically post your high score to the Die Hard iScored Leaderboard by enabling at the top of the script. Be sure to enter a unique cab name. 

DESIGN TEAM:
Game Designer: Astronasty
Layout: Dapheni, Astronasty
PupDmd Design: Scampa123, Astronasty, Nailbuster
Coding: Wizball, Oqqsan, Fluffhead
Light Shows: Oqqsan
Blender Work: Flux, Gedankekojote, Cyberpez
VR Room: Rawd
Backwall Mirror: Iaakki

3D Model Assistance: JoePicasso
Original Artwork: Astronasty
Sound Design: Frisco, Scampa123, Astronasty
Monthly Leaderboard: iScored Dan, Nailbuster, Scampa123
Emotional Support: Rik

SPECIAL THANKS:
Apophis - Did a little bit of everything.
Niwak - Toolkit magician.
NailBuster - PupDMD magician.
Sixtoe - He was around.
JoePicasso - Makes me want to be a better man.
Fleep - Dem soundz tho.
Flupper - Godfather of rampz.
NFozzy - Wizard.
KetchupJonMustard - Endured hours of me bouncing ideas off of him at work.
TerryRed - My go-to source for bitching about stuff in DMs.
Manu - Made us make the game more betterer.
Hawkeyez - Having the eyes of a hawk.
RetroG33K - Reasons redacted
Scott Danesi - LIONMAN!
TryToTilt - Didn't do shit.
Testers:  PinStratsDan, Bietekwiet, MPT3K, OutsiderArts, KetchupJonMustard, Dom, Rick, Shaggy, Nesta78, and the rest of the VPW Jellyfish.

EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS:
To the V-pin community:  Thank you for giving me an outlet for my creativity.  I've never felt more motivated to create and I am beyond grateful for the team that helped me turn my ideas into (virtual) reality.  I hope you enjoy our countless hours of work.  ❤️ Astro 

REQUIRED:
 - Visual Pinball 10.8.0 beta 7, 64-bit (or later): https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases/tag/v10.8.0-1807-39824d6
 - Pup Framework v1.5 beta 3 (or later): https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_upgrade_v15
 - Pup Pack: https://mega.nz/file/69MBzJDR#uG_lUhuvuCySANQc5EE7UkQTXNY4bf48UgtYh5RhIss

PLEASE NOTE:
 - Yes you need 64 bits, goddamit. Welcome to the party, pal. 
 - Don't forget to run the appropriate BAT file in the DieHard pup pack directory for your particular screen setup.
 - All game options can be adjusted by pressing F12 and then left flipper button during the game. Press start button to save your options.
 - If you have a cab and you want the full experience, please refresh your DOF config files.
 - If you have some stuttering try: (a) Disabling real time protection. (b) Disabling the mirror in options. (c) Limiting texture sizes to 3k. 

My guess is that I’m not updated to meet the requirements but I also question this because I’m running both x64 and x86 VPX with Nailbusters beta bonanza that includes the auto update feature.  I run that and it tells me everything is up to date.  This is the only table giving me an issue.  

The rotation I can likely fix, once I find where to do so again. It’s. Even awhile since I’ve had to do that on a table.

is the white shading/color normal on load?  I doubt it.  Thanks for any help and assistance!

IMG_0244.jpeg

IMG_0243.jpeg

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, mikebunting said:

My guess is that I’m not updated to meet the requirements but I also question this because I’m running both x64 and x86 VPX with Nailbusters beta bonanza that includes the auto update feature.  I run that and it tells me everything is up to date.  This is the only table giving me an issue.  

The rotation I can likely fix, once I find where to do so again. It’s. Even awhile since I’ve had to do that on a table.

is the white shading/color normal on load?  I doubt it.  Thanks for any help and assistance!

IMG_0244.jpeg

IMG_0243.jpeg

The white is missing textures, likely from running out of memory in x86.  If they are there in x64 then they've been lost from the table file and you'll need to re-download.

To fix the view, first make sure your RL screen and eye measurements are in VPX Video settings, then:  F12, Plunger, Flippers and MagnaSaves to adjust, Start to save, F12 to resume playing.

• Content Provider
3 minutes ago, Tedcomun said:

Thanks a lot for this table, but if I have only "ZEDMD" on my mpincab , i don't need the Pupack files?

Because the tables is working, but I have not any score displayed....

You'll need PuP.  No DMD on this one, just the modern screen display.  There is an option to display it on the backglass, though

thanks for your response, I will find the option to display on the backglass only in the PinUP Popper and Player Upgrade v1.5 ?

If yes I will have to re install it, because I have an SQL error when I run PinUpMenuSetup

Edited by Tedcomun

• Content Provider
6 minutes ago, Tedcomun said:

thanks for your response, I will find the option to display on the backglass only in the PinUP Popper and Player Upgrade v1.5 ?

If yes I will have to re install it, because I have an SQL error when I run PinUpMenuSetup

Once you have your screens set up in Pinup, you run a .bat file in the Die Hard folder

The .bat file's are inside the PuP Pack you downloaded from MEGA.  The Folder "DieHard" must be inside your Popper/PinUpSystem Install Folder. 

Example: C:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\DieHard

There you have 3 .bat files named Option 1-3. You have to choose the right one matching your setup.  

Maybe you get SQL Errors because of this --> https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_upgrade_v15

From Nailbusters Upgrade Instructions:

"YOU MUST RUN PinUPMENUSetup.exe after overwriting files as that will prompt you to upgrade the DB. The db update process is automatic and should just 'work'."

Hey guys wonderful table, plays great. I did have a question regarding the use of F12 for the menu. Where do I change this in the script if I want to use another button? I currently use F12 for other things. Also, is there a way to disable the flashing lights that surround the cabinet in VR (guess they come from underneath the table)? It's a little bit much for my eyes. Thanks.

link to the Pup Pack seems to not be working for me. I get this error.

The file you are trying to download is no longer available

This could be due to the following reasons:

The file has been removed as it violated our Terms of Service.

Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist.

The file has been deleted by the user.

Would it be possible to get a working link?  From what I've seen this table looks amazing.

Never mind i found the solution. problem was completely on my end

Edited by Ski43
Problem solved

2 hours ago, Saveoldstuff said:

The .bat file's are inside the PuP Pack you downloaded from MEGA.  The Folder "DieHard" must be inside your Popper/PinUpSystem Install Folder. 

Example: C:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\DieHard

There you have 3 .bat files named Option 1-3. You have to choose the right one matching your setup.  

Maybe you get SQL Errors because of this --> https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_upgrade_v15

From Nailbusters Upgrade Instructions:

"YOU MUST RUN PinUPMENUSetup.exe after overwriting files as that will prompt you to upgrade the DB. The db update process is automatic and should just 'work'."

2 hours ago, Saveoldstuff said:

thanks for the response, very clear.

I made exactly what the instructions said and it was exactly when I ran Pinupsetup.exe just after overwrited the files that I had a SQl error.

I will re-install Pup.

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Janke23 said:

Hey guys wonderful table, plays great. I did have a question regarding the use of F12 for the menu. Where do I change this in the script if I want to use another button? I currently use F12 for other things. Also, is there a way to disable the flashing lights that surround the cabinet in VR (guess they come from underneath the table)? It's a little bit much for my eyes. Thanks.

As far as I know you must use F12, but it’s a new feature and I’m looking into it. If you don’t like the flashing in the helipad vr room, try the minimal room instead. 

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, Janke23 said:

Update: you can define which key activates the menu in your vpx keys settings. 

Edited by apophis

7 hours ago, Wylte said:

The white is missing textures, likely from running out of memory in x86.  If they are there in x64 then they've been lost from the table file and you'll need to re-download.

To fix the view, first make sure your RL screen and eye measurements are in VPX Video settings, then:  F12, Plunger, Flippers and MagnaSaves to adjust, Start to save, F12 to resume playing.

Re-downloading the table file fixed all my issues. Thanks so much!

55 minutes ago, Markrw58 said:

Love this table but it only fills up about 2/3 of the screen, how can I fix that issue?  

Run the table and press F12. From there use the flipper/magnasave buttons to adjust the size and POV to your liking. When done press the Start button (or 1 on keyboard) to save the settings.

16 hours ago, apophis said:

Update: you can define which key activates the menu in your vpx keys settings. 

Ok I'm guessing this is labeled as "Tweak" in the VPX keys menu, haha. I believe this is still a work in progress for VR as the menu is so small (and double vision as it's duplicated across the eyes) that you can't really read it. Looks like if we are going to be using this going forward I'll have to look at defining it for my cab, maybe via a shifted key. Thanks.

On 12/19/2023 at 8:46 AM, mikebunting said:

IMG_0244.jpeg

IMG_0243.jpeg

When you have the rotation issue an easier fix than tweaking after hitting F12...  In the Visual pinball editor for this table hit the little pinball machine icon in the upper left (below the magnifying glass).  This brings up the properties on the right side of your screen.  Under "Viewport Transform" set your rotation to 270, save, and it should be ready for the cab.

• Content Provider

I’m stumped guys, can’t get Dof to work with this table. I updated my dofconfig files several times and verified diehard is in there now.   I’m updated on everything and tables run perfectly.  I’ve tried 10.8 beta 1807,1836,1904,1911.  No luck.  Dof is working on all other tables so I can’t figure out why this one isn’t firing my rgb buttons,shaker,beacon,flashers.  I do have SsF sounds.  Any thoughts much appreciated.  I’m out of ideas. 😊

1 hour ago, classicradios said:

I’m stumped guys, can’t get Dof to work with this table. I updated my dofconfig files several times and verified diehard is in there now.   I’m updated on everything and tables run perfectly.  I’ve tried 10.8 beta 1807,1836,1904,1911.  No luck.  Dof is working on all other tables so I can’t figure out why this one isn’t firing my rgb buttons,shaker,beacon,flashers.  I do have SsF sounds.  Any thoughts much appreciated.  I’m out of ideas. 😊

Having this exact same issue. Have tried re-downloading DOF config files as well as the table and Pup. All other tables, (actually Blood Machines has no DOF either) work fine.