[New VP10 Alert] Die Hard Trilogy (VPW 2023)

• Content Provider
11 hours ago, mrpuff said:

Have everything enabled for iScored. Is that something that will updated in real-time or monthly? Cuz I've got some scores to post...just sayin ;)
Great Job Guys!! Ty!

Realtime!  If you've got it enabled in the script you should see the current leaderboard somewhere in the pup attract sequence.  Your score will be automatically added at the end of your game (not retroactively, though, sorry!).  The leaderboard will be cleared at the start of each month.

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, ewwbutloose said:

Hi could let me know what the screen mayonnaise setting does? Thanks

Rubs mayonnaise on the glass, of course!

... It makes the glass a bit less perfectly clear, emulating light bouncing off/through smudges and creating more bloom around especially flashers.  Example from early development of the idea:

Screenshot_20231220_235727_Discord.png

8 hours ago, chriszimort said:

Same here 😢 no DOF.

I can only say, the error must be on your side - all dof is working for me (in blood machine, too)   

one little personal change - changed rgb flipper colors from lime to red 

One hint for other vpx 32bit users:  limit MaxTexDimension to 1024

16 hours ago, Yojellak said:

Having this exact same issue. Have tried re-downloading DOF config files as well as the table and Pup. All other tables, (actually Blood Machines has no DOF either) work fine.

I too have this issue on DH and BM. I’ve refreshed config files, and I even followed some advice about changing the registry settings to both point to the 86 version. No luck. 

7 hours ago, birdmanpin said:

I too have this issue on DH and BM. I’ve refreshed config files, and I even followed some advice about changing the registry settings to both point to the 86 version. No luck. 

Interesting that Blood Machines doesn’t work either for at least two of you. My Die Hard DOF isn’t working, I’ll check on Blood Machines to see if I have the same issue there as well.

23 minutes ago, chriszimort said:

Interesting that Blood Machines doesn’t work either for at least two of you. My Die Hard DOF isn’t working, I’ll check on Blood Machines to see if I have the same issue there as well.

Nope - I def do have DOF on Blood Machines. Even running in 64 bit.

2 hours ago, apophis said:

Are you guys with DOF issues up-to-date when it comes to B2S Server? Are you running the latest DOF framework? Also, do you have antivirus turned off?  Just spitballing. 

I think everything is up to date. My other 64 bit tables work with DOF. It’s just Die Hard that doesn’t work 😕 

• Content Provider
20 minutes ago, chriszimort said:

I think everything is up to date. My other 64 bit tables work with DOF. It’s just Die Hard that doesn’t work 😕 

And you updated your dof config in the last couple days?

8 minutes ago, apophis said:

And you updated your dof config in the last couple days?

Hol up - what do you mean by ‘updated your dof config?’ I haven’t changed any cabinet xml config or anything like that. I updated to 64 bit DOF a while back. I feel like I’m missing something…

• Content Provider
55 minutes ago, chriszimort said:

Hol up - what do you mean by ‘updated your dof config?’ I haven’t changed any cabinet xml config or anything like that. I updated to 64 bit DOF a while back. I feel like I’m missing something…

Yes, you must occasionally go on the the dof config tool site and download new config files. Then place those in your Direct Output config folder (or wherever you have set them up). 

4 minutes ago, apophis said:

Yes, you must occasionally go on the the dof config tool site and download new config files. Then place those in your Direct Output config folder (or wherever you have set them up). 

Ohhhh - that’s probably my issue. I def didn’t understand this part. Okay I’ll try that soon - thank you!

14 hours ago, chriszimort said:

Ohhhh - that’s probably my issue. I def didn’t understand this part. Okay I’ll try that soon - thank you!

Yes! Thank you - this fixed it! When I saw ‘update DOF’ I thought it just meant to the 64 bit version. Didn’t know you had to download new config files every once in a while. Appreciate the help!

On 12/20/2023 at 11:54 PM, Wylte said:

Realtime!  If you've got it enabled in the script you should see the current leaderboard somewhere in the pup attract sequence.  Your score will be automatically added at the end of your game (not retroactively, though, sorry!).  The leaderboard will be cleared at the start of each month.

Hey Wylte! Thanks for the reply,
During the sequence I'm only shown the Monthly Leaderboard. The real-time or daily leaderboard never displays. The rest of the sequence is simply the local high score or most recent. I do use iScored successfully with other tables. Is there an alternate place to see these results? Anything you can suggest I can try to get this displaying properly?

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, mrpuff said:

Hey Wylte! Thanks for the reply,
During the sequence I'm only shown the Monthly Leaderboard. The real-time or daily leaderboard never displays. The rest of the sequence is simply the local high score or most recent. I do use iScored successfully with other tables. Is there an alternate place to see these results? Anything you can suggest I can try to get this displaying properly?

Bit of miscommunication, I think - the only leaderboard is reset monthly and your score is automatically uploaded to that at the end of your game.  So it sounds like it's working properly for you.  I don't think there's any way to check the standings aside from the monthly page with the top scores and your place.

On 12/21/2023 at 5:40 PM, apophis said:

Are you guys with DOF issues up-to-date when it comes to B2S Server? Are you running the latest DOF framework? Also, do you have antivirus turned off?  Just spitballing. 

Thank you, I reran the B2s register exe and that seems to have fixed the issue for me with Die Hard and Blood Machines. Not sure why all others worked, but I appreciate the push in the right direction

Wow, this table is beyond words, and so many have commented on how cool it is, so I won't waste your time gushing!  :)  Just kidding, this is a FANTASTIC table, and a really impressive effort.  I generally like to reduce the slope of my tables a tiny bit, usually half a degree or so for my own convenience.  At 60, my reflexes aren't quite as sharp as they used to be, so forgive me!  Also, I generally like to change the tables to 5-ball play - I grew up in the 1970's when games were a quarter for somewhere between 1 and 3 games, and they ALL had 5 balls!  - I know, get off my lawn...

Anyway, I tried changing the "BallsPerGame" setting as is my wont, and found it didn't work!  No big deal, I have run across things like this before.  I found there was a hardcoded reference to 3 balls in a couple of places, and I fixed that.  Below is the snippet of code that I changed in 2 places to get the "BallsPerGame" working at something other than 3.

The TL;DR is:

' 1) Set BallsPerGame to something other than 3 in it's "const" definition on line 246.
' 2) Change the two occurences of the number "3' with "BallsPerGame" shown below in 2 places, on lines 7284 and 7305.

Enjoy!

Mr.T

Die Hard Trilogy (VPW 2023) v0.98 VPX8 - 5 Balls Per Game Patch.txt

I did a search but I didn't seem to come up with anything. Every time I try to launch I get "Line 15305: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'PuPlayer . GetVersion'.
PUP updated to 150 beta 3 and running 64bit. Any ideas all?