[New VP10 Alert] ACDC LUCI (Stern 2013) VPW Mod

On 12/21/2023 at 6:59 PM, CarnyPriest said:

1. sternpinball.com - Support - Game Code - AC/DC - download "AC/DC LE 1.70.0 GAME CODE"

2. Rename file to acd_170h.bin 

2a. Make sure that you can see file extensions. The default Windows behavior hides the file extension. acd_170h.bin.BIN will not work

3. Compress to a zip file. Compressing to RAR will not work.

4. Copy the zipped file to your VPinMAME/roms folder

Zip information saved my life. I haven't noticed that part. Thanks a lot! It worked like butter.

• 2 weeks later...

1. sternpinball.com - Support - Game Code - AC/DC - download "AC/DC LE 1.70.0 GAME CODE"

2. Rename file to acd_170h.bin 

2a. Make sure that you can see file extensions. The default Windows behavior hides the file extension. acd_170h.bin.BIN will not work

3. Compress to a zip file. Compressing to RAR will not work.

4. Copy the zipped file to your VPinMAME/roms folder

I have done  all this, still says rom missing and game terminated.  Using vpinmame the game works.

• 2 months later...

Fantastic table.

I'm running into the following,  while playing "Hells Bells" when I hit the 🔔,  the flippers drop dead and the mini playfield starts,  as a result my ball is lost, after the mini playfield ends the table starts counting bonus as of end of ball and doesn't return my ball.

Spitting true the gamerules I learned that the mini playfield should only start when the ball is shot into the saucer behind the 🔔,  so it looks like the table does a false detection of the ball in the saucer, anyone a solution for that? 

Hi all,

1. Thanks to VPW team for this great update, still one of my favourite tables.

2. I feel like I'm still missing some lights though - for example, the big red flasher above the cannon never seems to light up for me.  Pretty sure I have the correct ROM (using the colour patch though - 170hc) and I notice the related DOF addressable LEDs light up when they should for this flasher...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Adeysan said:

Hi all,

1. Thanks to VPW team for this great update, still one of my favourite tables.

2. I feel like I'm still missing some lights though - for example, the big red flasher above the cannon never seems to light up for me.  Pretty sure I have the correct ROM (using the colour patch though - 170hc) and I notice the related DOF addressable LEDs light up when they should for this flasher...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Try updating your version of vpinmame. Get the latest 10.8.0 RC here and get the two bottom files in Actions. Make sure to get the -sc versions.  https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/actions/runs/8256416026

You need a free github account to download.

Make sure to backup your vpmaliast.txt or just do not allow the one in the zips to overwrite yours.

Once unzipped run setup.exe and check paths are correct then click install. Do the same with setup64.exe

EDIT- Maybe hold off on the new rev 896 vpinmame. I just ran acdc luci vpw 1.0.2 and crashed on the fire button.  It was working last night on rev 888 so look back in Actions and use that one for now

Edited by Cliffy

On 3/13/2024 at 4:37 PM, Cliffy said:

Try updating your version of vpinmame. Get the latest 10.8.0 RC here and get the two bottom files in Actions. Make sure to get the -sc versions.  https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/actions/runs/8256416026

Make sure to backup your vpmaliast.txt or just do not allow the one in the zips to overwrite yours.

Once unzipped run setup.exe and check paths are correct then click install. Do the same with setup64.exe

EDIT- Maybe hold off on the new rev 896 vpinmame. I just ran acdc luci vpw 1.0.2 and crashed on the fire button.  It was working last night on rev 888 so look back in Actions and use that one for now

Hey - that did the trick! Lights running properly now and seems a few other minor things are better now also....

Many thanks!      \m/    \m/

On 3/13/2024 at 3:37 PM, Cliffy said:

Hi

Are you still using rev 888? I installed 906 and the table crashes. Also noticing some sound issues when playing Scared Stiff with this version too...

10 minutes ago, neil81992 said:

Hi

Are you still using rev 888? I installed 906 and the table crashes. Also noticing some sound issues when playing Scared Stiff with this version too...

I'm on vpx 1935 and vpinmame 908

2 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

I'm on vpx 1935 and vpinmame 908

Thanks - I didn't realise how often they were updated - i'll try it. I had updated to the one Uncle Paulie linked to (vpinmame 906) in the Alien Star thread. The altsound for that table improved but then realised issues with Scared Stiff and ACDC....