[New VP10 Alert] ACDC LUCI (Stern 2013) VPW Mod

On 12/21/2022 at 7:52 AM, Ludovic5329 said:

Very Nice table !

but the fire Button doesn’t work for me.

It works with others versions Of this table.

any ideas  ?

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english, i’m from France 

Go to line 356 and change from magna to plungerkey  (see bold in green)    

If KeyCode = PlungerKey OR KeyCode = LockbarKey Then Controller.Switch(64)=1 :PushButton_002.Z =PushButton_002.Z -6    :PushButton_001.Z =PushButton_001.Z -6        'FIRE Button, mapped to the right magna save

• Content Provider

@jansley the ROM is linked to, twice, here in the support topic.  There are also general instructions around on placing the Stern game code (bin from Stern's site) inside a zip to create the rom.

Edit:  also, you can switch between acdc_170h and _170hc by swapping the active cGameName in the script.

Nobody but the author account can respond directly to a review, so please click the "Get Support" button first :)

Edited by Wylte

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, SDFouts14 said:

Sorry for the noob Q.  I am getting this when I try to run in VPX.  Help is appreciated

Screenshot 2022-12-29 162044.png

From those errors, looks like you need to update your VPX.  See Outhere's links above

Love this table, thanks to all who brought it to life.

2 questions. 

The bell doesn't ring when hit for me like on other tables. Known cause?

The ball gets stuck behind the bell and underneath at times. Again, known cause?

Appreciate your help

• Content Provider
27 minutes ago, SDFouts14 said:

Love this table, thanks to all who brought it to life.

2 questions. 

The bell doesn't ring when hit for me like on other tables. Known cause?

The ball gets stuck behind the bell and underneath at times. Again, known cause?

Appreciate your help

Haven't seen either of those reported before.  Did you change z-scale from 1?

• 3 weeks later...

[SOLVED] This table plays incredibly well, bravo to the team. It literally feels like I'm playing the real table. That ball has some heft to it! However I too am running into weird issues:

• Bell doesn't ring (and could definitely get stuck behind the bell like the other gent mentioned)
  • A X E letters don't light up
  • In general there are a lot less "lights" from the middle to the bottom of the playfield
  • I have yet to get the ball into the cannon, which usually happens fairly quickly playing older LUCI versions
  • I haven't messed with any script settings or POV settings

I'm running latest VPX. I read through and deleted my other acd_168.zip rom from the registry. I got the ACD170h.bin from Stern, renamed it as acd_170h and zipped it and the game is working so that's all good). Any other ideas chaps? Thanks again!

[SOLVED]- you need the LE bin not the PRO bin. All working now!

Edited by moxximancade

I've always loved this table but this brings it to an entirely new level!  VPW -- Greatly appreciate you reinvigorating this hobby with all of your work!

I'm having an issue with the fire button.  Is there any way I can map it to the right flipper?  I see that it is commented in the script that it is right magna save but I've been unable to remap it.  Should the script be as follows?  Do I need to change it elsewhere too?  Thanks!

If KeyCode = RightFlipper OR KeyCode = LockbarKey Then Controller.Switch(64)=1 :PushButton_002.Z =PushButton_002.Z -6    :PushButton_001.Z =PushButton_001.Z -6        'FIRE Button, mapped to the right magna save

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

image.thumb.png.12a5fe704b6da644126f6f3997d83d1e.png

Hi,

can somebody help me?

i don't see a DMD on my glasses.

only on the dmd screen from my pincab machine (other games are working fine)

update: when i check "test desktop" in vpx camera, then it's works, but i'm not able to save it into the table?

when i close the table, the setting is gone, how can i fix thisµ?

Edited by Thunder1001

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Just updated VPX to 10.8 Beta 5 and the issues described last December have cropped back.  I have put the apostrophe in front of lines 200-202.  Still getting errors.  I also deleted the roms in the registry, but no change.  Everything has run well before the 10.8 install.  All other games are good, it's just Luci.  Updated VPinMAME as well.

• 3 months later...
On 8/13/2023 at 11:43 AM, Saintintn said:

Hey all,

Just updated VPX to 10.8 Beta 5 and the issues described last December have cropped back.  I have put the apostrophe in front of lines 200-202.  Still getting errors.  I also deleted the roms in the registry, but no change.  Everything has run well before the 10.8 install.  All other games are good, it's just Luci.  Updated VPinMAME as well.

Having same issue, Any Fix?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, i'm realy stuck here, need help.

I downloaded Stern ACDC LE 1.70 game code (also Premium 1.70) and tried everything to make table work but i can't.

I tried all possible variations (leaving original BIN name and zipping it acd_170h.rar OR both bin and rar same name; "acd_170h" 

Done this for LE and Premium codes aswell, none worked for me.

I'm sharing all screens below.

Can you help me please? I realy want to play this piece of art table.

Best Regards,

rom_error.jpg

• Content Provider

1. sternpinball.com - Support - Game Code - AC/DC - download "AC/DC LE 1.70.0 GAME CODE"

2. Rename file to acd_170h.bin 

2a. Make sure that you can see file extensions. The default Windows behavior hides the file extension. acd_170h.bin.BIN will not work

3. Compress to a zip file. Compressing to RAR will not work.

4. Copy the zipped file to your VPinMAME/roms folder