[New VP10 Alert] ACDC LUCI (Stern 2013) VPW Mod

ACDC LUCI (Stern 2013) VPW Mod

It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock n' roll!

This mod started out as a simple collaboration between Hauntfreaks and Fluffhead35 to add new physics and VR room ended up as so much more.  This table has had the bell code completely reworked by Apophis to work more like the real table.  The playfield has been tweaked by none other than nFozzy himself to be more in line with the blueprint.  He also fixed the right and left ramps to be true to the real table.  nFozzy has graced this table with his experience to make it table amazing to play. This table was a mod of Sixtoe's AC/DC VR Room, where we made it a hybrid table.

• Fluffhead35 - Fleep, nFozzy physics, dynamic shadows, drop target code and new drop targets, 3d inserts, added new flipper bats, lighting tweaks, added Lampz code, adjusted nudge
  • HauntFreak - Added new VR Room, Lighting Adjustments, Playfield Shadows
  • Sixtoe - Original VR, Lighting, separated out horns on the train, many more he could not remember.  Fixed right ramp, fixed bumper flashers.  Realignment and prettying up rubbers and stuff.
  • Apophis - New Bell Physics, scripting, guidance
  • nFozzy  - new collidable ramps to fix the shapes of them, moved top hole variance, bell metal/orbit metal tweaks, playfield reshape to correct dimensions.  implemented ramp protectors, blank sidewalls, ramp stickers, adjusted bell position.
  • Tomate - New visual ramps
  • Retro27 - VR Room / Cabinet Reworked, New DMD Decals, Start button, tournament mode lights added. Adjustment to Instructions cards, added new render mode for VR
  • Schlabber34 – reworked drop targets and other objects in blender for use in table.
  • Bietekwiet, PinStratsDan, BountyBob, VPW Team - Beta testing!

Many thanks to the original team who built this table from the ground up: ninuzzu, DJRobX, dark, tom tower, knorr, rysr, Peter J and Javier. And thanks to the VPDevTeam for the freaking amazing VPX.

Great update! Thanks for the many hours that goes into producing these!

Small issue or really an anomaly, the DMD is forced ROL=1 and to a specified size in the script which is overriding my DMD positioning, I've commented the 3 lines under the tableinit that are doing this, but I wondered if there was a reason or if the script is expecting me to be doing something in a more modern way
Running the latest and greatest (ish - last updated by VPX/VPM for IronMan)
Spent 10 mins checking my reg entries and resizing the DMD manually only for it to reset and then I looked in the script.

I've enabled CabinetMode=1 in case that is relevant, but I do that on all the VPW tables.

1 hour ago, grunger106 said:

Great update! Thanks for the many hours that goes into producing these!

Small issue or really an anomaly, the DMD is forced ROL=1 and to a specified size in the script which is overriding my DMD positioning, I've commented the 3 lines under the tableinit that are doing this, but I wondered if there was a reason or if the script is expecting me to be doing something in a more modern way
Running the latest and greatest (ish - last updated by VPX/VPM for IronMan)
Spent 10 mins checking my reg entries and resizing the DMD manually only for it to reset and then I looked in the script.

I've enabled CabinetMode=1 in case that is relevant, but I do that on all the VPW tables.

That caught me out too, i have freezy running on a main dmd with secondary vpinmame dmd running on an apron screen and was wondering how i got the vpinmame dmd reg settings messed up for this table - didn't expect the table script to have anything like that so i ended up messing around with regedit as well before looking into the script. 

Edited by scutters

• Content Provider

@scutters and @grunger106 I never ran into this because I am always using Use Externals to True which seems to fix this issue.  Can you try and comment out the following lines from the script as shown here 

image.png.4f64ad68c551c18e604d8c8851a7c83b.png

To comment out a line you add a ' in front of it, so make everything look like so with the ' in front of the line.

image.png.a783b2e664ee3595b55e724f67939cb0.png

You will find the lines to comment around line 200 in the script.

Please let me know if this fixes your issue and I will make sure to add this is a future patch.

• Content Provider

@scutters and @grunger106 you also might have to delete your ac/dc roms from the windows registry located here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\ as this code appears to be setting the rom in the registry.  I am really surprised to see this to be honest.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\

@fluffhead35

Thanks.

Yes, commenting out those 3 lines fixes the issue (after resetting the registry values to original values for those settings in the registry location you mention as well).   I guess the code/fix will affect anyone using the VPM DMD, but would also affect people using external dmd if they have 'useregistry' set to true in dmddevice.ini 

9 hours ago, Retsamikit said:

Fire is on the right magnasave button.

I saw a couple lines in the code where it's saying "OR lockbarkey", but it's not working during gameplay.  Is there something else in the code that needs to be changed to get that to work?

Let me take that back... I just found that it does work, just not 100% of the time.  Probably an issue with my hardware.

Edited by ryesteve

Have run into one possible issue after spending some time with it.  On a hard shot up the left ramp from the left flipper, the ball didn't negotiate the hairpin loop and instead flew off the ramp back onto the table to the right of the ramp.  Maybe that's something that can actually happen on the real table?  Don't know.

• Content Provider
20 minutes ago, ryesteve said:

Have run into one possible issue after spending some time with it.  On a hard shot up the left ramp from the left flipper, the ball didn't negotiate the hairpin loop and instead flew off the ramp back onto the table to the right of the ramp.  Maybe that's something that can actually happen on the real table?  Don't know.

It can!  Happened to me, too 😁

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Tofa said:

Hi anyone know how to rotate the dmd display table is amazing but dmd no good on cabinet, cant find the roll line in script to change it the other way thanks.

This doesn't work for you?

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/8058-new-vp10-alert-acdc-luci-stern-2013-vpw-mod/?do=findComment&comment=67226

11 hours ago, fluffhead35 said:

@scutters and @grunger106 you also might have to delete your ac/dc roms from the windows registry located here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\ as this code appears to be setting the rom in the registry.  I am really surprised to see this to be honest.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\

Yep, this is exactly what I was looking at before finally casting an eye over the tableinit in the script and seeing what was happening.

Before posting I had already changed commented out the ROL, and DMD Sizing in the script and I deleted the ROM registry entry and let it repopulate which as expected solved the issue.
Just wanted to flag it up so you were aware.

Thanks again for the excellent table :)

Edited by grunger106

15 hours ago, fluffhead35 said:

@scutters and @grunger106 I never ran into this because I am always using Use Externals to True which seems to fix this issue.  Can you try and comment out the following lines from the script as shown here 

image.png.4f64ad68c551c18e604d8c8851a7c83b.png

To comment out a line you add a ' in front of it, so make everything look like so with the ' in front of the line.

image.png.a783b2e664ee3595b55e724f67939cb0.png

You will find the lines to comment around line 200 in the script.

Please let me know if this fixes your issue and I will make sure to add this is a future patch.

Thank you for the fix, easy enough to do.

this table looks and feels amazing. But my DMD is in the wrong direction, it is 90 degrees anti clockwise. This is the only game that I see this on.. What can be wrong?

Found solution above. Deleted the romsettings in the registry

Edited by teacher
Found solution

Amazing table as always VPW! This is one of my all time favorite tables. This plays very close to the real thing and is more challenging than my previous go to version. Couple this with the color ROM and it’s just killer.

Keep em coming guys! Can’t wait for Iron Maiden, Twilight Zone and whatever else you guys are cooking up.