Stern Sam - Pinmame Source Code

xmassam

• Content Provider

dboyrecords will do some tests to try to resolve his issue, but it is an exception, i know only 2 users, including you that has problems, i have win7 x64 too and no issue.

FOR PINDMD1 USERS

give it a try with this version, i found some code of pindmd1 in russ code, i compiled it but i can't test it myself, don't know if it will work :)

attachicon.giftestpindmd1.rar

let me know

Ok...I will try and mess around to and see if I can come up with something. It does seem interesting to me that only the vertical axis chances position while the horizontal stays in the position it was placed.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

@amgrim. I gave the 1.01 version a try and it didn't resolve the issue with vertical positioning of my DMD. However, it did change the horizontal position which was working ok. I wonder if this is because my BG screen runs in portrait mode, not landscape. If you check your PM, I sent you my screenres settings and links to screenshots for both the original version of the SAM DLL and the 1.01 version that you posted today. Please let me know if you need any further information. Thanks for looking into this!

• Content Provider

Glad to hear that :)

New vpiname without pindmd s available at download section, along with pindmd1 version it seems there are no more issues so i just need to update of revisions and new romd where available

arngrim: just to say thank you for updating VPinMame :) Is it possible to fix the stutter sound on the newer Stern tables (e.g. Family Guy, Spiderman just to name a few) ?

• Content Provider

I'm glad that it even pleases some people from vpf that i have never seen here before :)

For information, i don't have any sound stutter on my 2 systems, i can't replicate this issue that one person reported to me, and to be honest. I don't think i am capable to fix this, i made cabinet versions (commented some methods), tweaked a little bit russdx code for pindmd1 and 2 for sam.c and merged to the latest revision, integrated new roms and that's almost all.

Or the problem is in sam.c and it is too complex for me, i even don't know where to look and can't reproduce it and can't debug it, or it is somewhere else and the problem is present on the official repository of vpinmame, vpinmame team should fix it and then i can retrieve the new revision.

Question, do you also have stutters on tables like elvis of lotr?

I'm glad that there is another good forum about VPinball. It's always a good thing to have a second source for your drugs :D

I haven't tested your last version yet, but afaik the newer pinmame versions with Sam support produces stutter on lotr where the official version didn't. I give it a try this evening.

Besides the King Kong ROM-set there also has been added a ROM-set for Apollo 14. Yet I can't find this ROM-set anywhere. A full list of ROM-sets I'm missing since you're updating PinMAME:

Apollo14 (game 5.01, display 4.01)

ID4: Independence Day (2.01 French)

ID4: Independence Day (2.02 French)

Monopoly (2.51 Italian display)

No Fear: Dangerous Sports (1.1 Export)

• Content Provider

if you can't find them on vpf or ipdb, i don't know where they can be retrieved, just king kong i tested myself because it is available at vpf, I'm sure the others will be available on vpf soon.

For the sound stutter, what i can do this week end is compile rev 3484 without any change so you can test.

If it is successful, i can have a look at the delta with my versions.

Not trying to stir the pot, (or am i?),  but maybe the release versions of vpinmame should not have the 'in production' games added to them? 

It seems to me that the risk of upsetting S, is not worth the pleasure a really small group of people get out of testing the newer ROMS (which is probably like 4 people).

I know you cannot actually do anything with the emulation on its own, and that there are other tools out there that can look into, and even edit the contents of the ROMS.

• Content Provider

I couldn't imagine that configuration settings can boost performance of vpinmame build.

I don't really have performance issues myself but checkout my latest builds just uploaded!

Many thanks for Toxie that showed me how to do it :) , perhaps it will fix your stuttering issuesn let me know :)

vpu, vpf whatever, there is only one community  :lol:

AMD X2, 8gb, ATI7770

the stutter is less frequent than on older versions of vpm but still there, but I haven't got the time to test the latest build

Archived