Stern Sam - Pinmame Source Code

xmassam

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

I always thought that was due to DirectB2s, Would be great if thats what is causing VP to crash upon exit as it should be able to be fixed. 

as strange as it sounds the crash on exit can be due to the name length of file, change the table name to something with like 5 characters. 

i had this issue on a file before and unclewilly pointed out the fix.

Reading all this and seeing db2s's popping up for Shrek makes me sad cause its not on my setup and there are no real ones around near me  :(

I did get to play a real Star Trek at a Pinball festival recently though which was great. :)  

P.S Thanks (from me and my daughter) to all you guys for building tables and software updates and pushing the virtual scene ahead. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Look back a few postings in this thread. Source code is around posting #177 and the latest compiled dll is around #194.

To add Star Trek, if I recall you just need the CRC and label. You'll see the syntax at the end of the sam.c

All of the roms are on Sterns site, but they have to be renamed to match whats in the sam.c

Go for it!

Is the latest source code available on the net, including pindmd and all the sam roms?, except star trek of course If yes, where and i can have a look

• Content Provider

that was hard, but i have something :)

here is a premature version, not the cab version, i need to figure it out what to remove/comment, for popups and error handling stuff

i don't have the pindmd code, will check that later with russdx probably, but if someone has it?

can't compile avg higher than 110, don't know why yet, and metallica122 is getting a strange errot

BUT, i have star trek working from vpinmame test  :)

post-100-0-43539900-1381564009_thumb.png

here it is:

VPinMAME2.5.rar

Excellent!

I checked it out and its working,somewhat! So here is a little feedback from some I tested.

Spiderman, ACDC, Rolling Stones, Avatar, Transformers not working. None of the romlevels. I get Game name not found. Were they omitted for testing?

Metallica 1.06 is the last version that works. 1.12 and 1.22 don't work althought 1.12 is in the source. Not sure why...

XMEN 1.05 works fine, but the latest is missing. XMEN was updated to 1.30 so if you can add that CRC and title, it would be great!

Would like to test Star Trek. What is the gamename?

• Content Provider

please use it to test star trek only, i discovered c++, visual studio, masn yesterday only, this is a good start imo :)

here i removed the splash window at the start to not wait anymore

VPinMAME.rar

the work was not only to put the sam.c on the code and recompile ;)

i'll do some updates with more sam roms later

i called it sttk_120

Archived